Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto injury

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
That was my opinion and obviously the refs because he gave a throw in. I saw it as just a clash of heads both going for the ball. Ridiculous all the baying and shouting for a red card.

It wasn't a clash of heads at all. It was a shoulder charge to Schelotto's head. Probably pre-meditated and worthy of a ban for several matches.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
They'll change their minds when they see the replays of the Schelotto and Stephens incidents.

This big time. Can't help feeling Dunk & Hughton could afford to be generous in victory. The Stephens yellow was absurd and on replay the Schelotto challenge was a bookable shoulder charge to the head! Having said this it may be that ref and linesman did not have great view.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The 31 ran to schelotto with concern so I will take back my earlier comment. It was still an awful challenge though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The 31 ran to schelotto with concern so I will take back my earlier comment. It was still an awful challenge though
It should have been a straight red. He probably did feel bad when he realised his deliberate shoulder charge had knocked Schelotto cold.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Glad Schelotto looked okay at the end, but,

What we witnessed 2nd half was unashamed officiating in favour of a top 6 side as you’re ever likely to see. Stephens booking, not even a foul for the Schelotto challenge, goal kicks instead of corners, it was embarrassing because it was so obvious. We were so good though it didn’t matter, thankfully.

The strange thing for me was that I felt he was the exact opposite first half. He seemed to be very pro us until half time. It was a real Jekyll and Hyde performance.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Everyone is wrong, wasn't a red or a nothing accident. Was as blatant a yellow as you could see. The ref just bottled it as the player already had one AND plays for a top 6 side. Either of those things being different he'd have got what he deserved.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I can't even watch it again , he knew exactly what he was doing , absolute disgrace of a assault , thank goodness The greyhound seems ok .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here