Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar has lost the fans

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I personally thought they were 2 blatent bookings for Etuhu and he deserved to be sent off, However Ward was extremelly lucky not to get booked for his 1st sything down of their winger in the 1st half then ten mins later doing excatly the same again. He could easily of been sent off. Ulloa was then booked for mouthing off a the ref and despite this carried on and on. The ref had to tell Greer to tell him to shut up before he got sent off.. Ulloa is not a happy camper, his body language is terrible and he looks half arsed and fed up with getting no support at all.

It should have finished 10 v 9 if the ref went by the rulebook , I think Wilson was upset that Ward and Ulloa only got a yellow apiece.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
To be totally honest I'm trying to stay with Oscar. To be equally honest I'm not sure why, is it because I think he's a nice person? Because if it is then I'm probably misguided. If it's because given more time he can turn it around fine, other than if that is the case I'd need to consider whether he realises he had got it badly wrong in the first place, and has in consequence cocked our efforts up. You see most worryingly is that we (supporters) at least think we can see what's going wrong, but he can't, or doesn't appear to anyway.
I don't know, let's hope Mr Bloom does, he must surely be privy to all things we aren't. :rolleyes:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Danny Wilson thought the game all hinged on Etuhu being sent off which meant having to be content with the draw instead of all 3 points. Barnsley did had one attempt which hit the woodwork and a header that narrowly missed going in.

They out performed us for the majority of the first half, it felt like a few games at the Amex this season where we bossed the first 20 minutes but couldn't score.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
Reading won it in 2011 without scoring too many, they had the best defensive record.
Cardiff were hardly freescoring last year and had the 2nd best defensive record.

Your point is utter rot.

Nah. It happens, but in general the teams that go up score more than other teams. I'm not saying they don't have good defences some/most of the time but they don't hang their hat on it.

I do bloody love the term utter rot though. I couldn't think of a better way to describe how I feel about my whole day being wasted going up to see that pile of "utter rot".

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
Although doing some stat reviews it isn't as marked as I'd thought so lesson learnt. They generally score over 70 goals though.

I suppose it goes back to balance and at the moment we are way to on the defensive side.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was asked by a palace fan at Victoria on his way back from their game asking how we got on he said he really likes Oscar, read what you like into that

But I also saw two Chelsea fans with half and half stoke scarves now that cheered me up no end

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He's certainly lost me. No direction, no identity and bizarre team selection.

Such a shame considering the highs of the Poyet era.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He's certainly lost me. No direction, no identity and bizarre team selection.

Such a shame considering the highs of the Poyet era.

Poyet was given everything he wanted until the end and did very well. Oscar has had one hand tied behind his back

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well the majority of them I say, myself included. 500 away fans chanting "attack, attack, attack attack attack"

Would be fantastic if 27,000 home fans could suspend all other chants and do the same next Saturday. Would lay down our minimum expectations in no uncertain terms and is far more of a positive action than booing or leaving early.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be fantastic if 27,000 home fans could suspend all other chants and do the same next Saturday. Would lay down our minimum expectations in no uncertain terms and is far more of a positive action than booing or leaving early.

but attack with what? The creativity of the team is injured, the pace is injured or inconsistent and the main goal scorer is bang off form

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I was at the Blackburn game and we were completely clueless, unorganised, confused. Is that the players or how they are told to play. Are the players not capable of implementing the system, and believe me there didn't look like there was one! I am not too bothered where we are in the league but want to see some semblance of organisation and entertainment when I have just driven 4 hours!

but attack with what? The creativity of the team is injured, the pace is injured or inconsistent and the main goal scorer is bang off form

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Hopefully provide a bit of motivation to some of the players just sleepwalking through recent games that the management team appears to incapable of providing. Anyways, have started a separate thread on this very subject, so we'll see how it goes.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
First class post. Completely agree with you! I can remember the Mike Bailey days when we were labelled as boring but this is worse! Garcia needs to shape up or ship out!

Mike Bailey took us up to 6th in the 1st division which is something that has never been bettered and the football was much better than what we are currently watching

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
As said on another thread

Posts like this make me laugh. Lua Lua (the pace) inconsistent? How is he meant to get any consistency when he never plays more a 15 minutes here and there. He starts once in a blue moon, and he has only started two games on the trot all season.

So attack with what?

Kazenga LuaLua would be a start. Or are we all meant to make out he's shit, just to defend Oscar?

CMS would be the answer but I agree he will not be, all the time he is played out of position.

Ulloa, give him somone to play with, he will menace championship defenders.

So attack with what?

Kaz
CMS
Ulloa
Rodrigeuz
Agustien
Stephens
Dave
March
Lingard

to to mention

Lita
Barnes
Obika when they were here

Not a bad list to start with is it.

Buckley
Crofts
Orlandi when they are fit.

Play to those players strengths, we would be up with Burnley.

Play them in a system they are not good enough, look in the paper and you will see where we are.

We have a squad to cope with a few injuries, we have a manager who will stick with the same system no matter who he has available.

How any more striking options do you think the club needs?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It took a long time for Oscar to win me over but he did when we beat Leicester 3-1. He lost me again with his team selection for Hull and now it seems to be going downhill. I do advocate keeping him, I do advocate giving him time - after all we plucked him from obscurity and we have to be fair to him - but I don't believe he will be a success here

Stumpy Tim

I was at the Blackburn game and we were completely clueless, unorganised, confused. Is that the players or how they are told to play. Are the players not capable of implementing the system, and believe me there didn't look like there was one! I am not too bothered where we are in the league but want to see some semblance of organisation and entertainment when I have just driven 4 hours!

You weren't entertained at a 3-3 draw?! I'm not sure football is your sport

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here