Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NO Croft, Buckley, Orlandy, conway, Hoskins, Bridcutt and No realistic chance!!!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I would completely disagree with the championship being poor this year. Everyone above us being top division sides!! His play is not negative and poor. It's the quality of players that can't perfect his style of play or any style. Hence my comment about last season! We do not have 2 shots a game we have loads and miss them more often than not. Again not Oscars fault. If it's not about 7th place and you just want to enjoy watching it. Go support a team that wins every week and you can enjoy watching!!! To me it's about Brighton and supporting them for the past 25 years. If he can't buy players then we may not be any better next year but as we all know. No manager can polish a terd!!!

What absolute delusional rubbish! So wouldn't a good coach adapt his system to the players available and evolve it as he get better players? We have picked up 2 points out of the last 15 yet we are still in with a shout of the play offs............that is a quality division! Please don't tell me how to support my team and to go and support a team that wins every week you patronising prick! No where have I mentioned I want to see us win every week, what I have said is I want to see us compete every week! We have a lot of possession up to the final third but we do not have lots have shots. If it is about Brighton to you, how can you be happy with the negative football on show at the moment? It is my opinion that the current side is a lot better than the performances but they are getting nothing from their head coach!
If you are truly enjoying the performances under him, well good luck to you. What an uber fan you are!!

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Barnes. For weeks we have needed an experienced striker to take the work load of Ulloa, he would have been that man. Although I wasn't his biggest fan, I think it's clear that we miss him.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
But they are not 7th in the premiership. If they were then I hold my hands up and respect the turd polishing.!!

But they were rock bottom with no hope of staying up... Until he came along. He may not have polished them but he certainly rolled them in glitter.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
What absolute delusional rubbish! So the wouldn't a good coach adapt his system to the players available and evolve it as he get better players? We have picked up 2 points in out of the last 15 yet we are still in with a shout of the play offs............that is a quality division! Please don't tell me how to support my team and to go and support a team that wins every week you patronising prick! No where have I mentioned I want to see us win every week, what I have said is I want to see us compete every week! We have a lot of possession up to the final third but we do not have lots have shots. If it is about Brighton to you, how can you be happy with the negative football on show at the moment? It is my opinion that the current side is a lot better than the performances but they are getting nothing from their head coach!
If you are truly enjoying the performances under him, well good luck to you. What an uber fan you are!!
Don't refer to me as happy clapper you patronising prick!! and I won't be one back!! So we had 23 shots on target in the last 5 games not counting Blackburn and scored 0 goals, tell me how that's Oscars Fault? I wasn't telling you how to support your team I was pointing out you ain't going to enjoy every game. and that to excel in football you need money and players.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Don't refer to me as happy clapper you patronising prick!! and I won't be one back!! So we had 23 shots on target in the last 5 games not counting Blackburn and scored 0 goals, tell me how that's Oscars Fault? I wasn't telling you how to support your team I was pointing out you ain't going to enjoy every game. and that to excel in football you need money and players.

How do you define a shot on target or you going by some stats you have found somewhere which counts little more than a back pass a shot? I do not expect to enjoy every game but this year I can count on one hand the games I have come away from (home and away) that I have thought we have played to our potential! Garcia has shown he is tactically poor, you can quote stats but having been to most games this season I know what I have seen! The football is dire and I would imagine we are one of the least attractive sides to watch in the division. Burnley seem to be doing ok without breaking the bank and spending loads of money! Their manager seems to be able to extract the best from his players .................. Strange that but there you go! You carry on in your world of thinking it will all be fine this time next year!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
How do you define a shot on target or you going by some stats you have found somewhere which counts little more than a back pass a shot? I do not expect to enjoy every game but this year I can count on one hand the games I have come away from (home and away) that I have thought we have played to our potential! Garcia has shown he is tactically poor, you can quote stats but having been to most games this season I know what I have seen! The football is dire and I would imagine we are one of the least attractive sides to watch in the division. Burnley seem to be doing ok without breaking the bank and spending loads of money! Their manager seems to be able to extract the best from his players .................. Strange that but there you go! You carry on in your world of thinking it will all be fine this time next year!

I am sure all will be fine this time next year, this was always going to be a difficult season. Everyone at the club realises its a results driven business, I believe stability is essential for success and Oscar is aware of what he needs to deliver.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
I just think with some money and some better players, like we did have, we would be a better side. I suppose that's really weird and i'll just have to carry on thinking in my own little world. Along with the Man city and Chelsea Fans.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Conway was on loan earlier this season. He wasn't here last season.

Conway took a little while to get going, but could cross the ball and wasn't injured every 5 minutes. We should have tried harder to keep him (offer a permanent deal). Great goal at home versus Leicester just when he was hitting form. Also got MOM for Blackburn in the 3-3.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Conway was on loan earlier this season. He wasn't here last season.

Didn't think he was that good, he was decidedly average at the beginning of his loan. The one particularly great game he had, seems to have clouded everyone's judgement.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
All you happy clappers really don't understand most peoples grievances with Garcia. It is not that we are not in the playoffs, most would have said that this was doubtful this season and the only reason we are still in with a sniff is that the division is pretty poor this year. The main reason Garcia is getting grief is his style of play is negative and boring.

Yes we have had injuries but does this mean that we should have tactics that the players seem to struggle to understand, that marginalises our biggest asset and goal scorer? Tactics that have turned us into an extremely negative side that if we have 2 shots a game is a bonus? It is not about 7th place is about enjoying watching the team and it's about the players understanding what the coaching staff require of them because at the moment it would appear they do not know or understand Garcia system. Why will this be any different next year and where is the money coming from to bring in all these new players. He has been here 9 months and the performances are going backwards not forwards (a bit like his tactics).

It's not that the players don't know or understand the Garcia system - they're not good enough to play it other than with each other in our half of the pitch. If we stick with this philosophy getting the right players in will cost big bucks and blow us out of the FFP water.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Absolutly. Orlandi is a HUGE loss + Crofts drive and ability to grab a goal. Oscar is being asked to achieve the same as last season with a squad that for one reason or the other is nowhere near the quality we had last season
I don't think I'm alone with these thoughts, but for me I wasn't expecting Oscar to achieve the same as last season, not by a long shot and by that I mean overall league position, what I did expect from him was some sort of style of play, some direction and intention, there has been no evidence of this all season. That's why I'm frustrated.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Please be real people, last season we had such a better squad and players available. You have got to give Oscar a Chance! With the players at his disposal joint 7th isn't bad. If next season he has brought players in and we have no success come back and see me!!! :annoyed:

Other than the joint 7th point, you are talking a lot of sense

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
All you happy clappers really don't understand most peoples grievances with Garcia. It is not that we are not in the playoffs, most would have said that this was doubtful this season and the only reason we are still in with a sniff is that the division is pretty poor this year. The main reason Garcia is getting grief is his style of play is negative and boring.

Yes we have had injuries but does this mean that we should have tactics that the players seem to struggle to understand, that marginalises our biggest asset and goal scorer? Tactics that have turned us into an extremely negative side that if we have 2 shots a game is a bonus? It is not about 7th place is about enjoying watching the team and it's about the players understanding what the coaching staff require of them because at the moment it would appear they do not know or understand Garcia system. Why will this be any different next year and where is the money coming from to bring in all these new players. He has been here 9 months and the performances are going backwards not forwards (a bit like his tactics).

I can only agree with you, we didn't start the season like this, the decline in performance, entertainment value and goals has come since the new year. Something has changed in the mindset within the club be it behind the scenes or in the coaching. Its as if two months ago a strategy was reached that if we could draw every game we would make the playoffs, maybe that was correct but we're losing and unable to score goals.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
It's not that the players don't know or understand the Garcia system - they're not good enough to play it other than with each other in our half of the pitch. If we stick with this philosophy getting the right players in will cost big bucks and blow us out of the FFP water.

I'm not sure you can say that when OG himself said yesterday he is very proud of them, they played exactly how he asked them to, and he couldn't want anymore.

I'm not expecting him to start sounding out the players in an interview but if he is happy with that I'm worried no amount of decent players will make it better.

And that's my main concern. If he was saying "we aren't clicking at the moment, too much idle possession, not enough creativity but we are working hard and I'm sure we will get there" id be happier. Then you would know this isn't his system and that
maybe it will change

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Burnley? No big bucks there, don't agree with you. if its about big bucks why are Forest struggling and QPR not getting automatic promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here