Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar has lost the fans

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Whilst I agree with most that the football has been pretty **** this year, don't forget how many players are out of contract at the end of the year. I fancy Bloom to let Oscar have a big summer clear out and bring in his own players. Only issue with that is how shit his signings have been up to this point.[/QUOTE I think you'll find that some of Oscars signings on his wanted list preferred to go to other teams or stay put...maybe wage concerns...but Grabbon and Williams were certainly wanted by Oscar.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I would be happier being slightly further away from the play offs but playing exciting football.

I am in no rush for us to get in the premiership. Equally Oscar needs time and the scope to rebuild the team.

He came in to tinker with a very successful team, but he is not Gus and must start to stamp his mark on the team. Hopefully in the summer he can do that.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Hopefully I am not the only one to notice the irony of people on here accusing the fans who perhaps reacted with frustration but were actually AT the game of being fair weather fans at a time when those 400 or 500 supporters are busy negotiating the journey home having travelled all the way to Barnsley to support the team...
Good show from those who went from Sussex....but a lot of the fans who went live up north,we do have quite few who go to away games at Northern games only.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
"I look at the performance of my players and I feel they did what I asked of them. I cannot criticise them and say that they could have played better. They have given everything and I am proud of them.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ve-any-more-1469402.aspx#H4CgWWdxHUQWhF0z.99t

That OG quote is exactly what I mean. Whilst he has to be slightly guarded in what he says there is no need to be that emphatic in saying the players did what you want if they didn't.

And if that is what he wants his players to be doing I don't know what time or a summer budget (which may or may not be there) will do..

This takes the absolute piss.... If he has instructed the players to play like that and says he can't ask for any more then he needs to go NOW... I am livid after seeing this article.. Just sums up the bloke. totally deluded. We didn't control the game at all... Barnsley created very little, however we created even less. If he is instructing players to perform like that every week, it totally sums up the guy... OUT NOW.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Good show from those who went from Sussex....but a lot of the fans who went live up north,we do have quite few who go to away games at Northern games only.
Not a dig but I travel up and down the country to see my beloved team play. Not done as many games as I normally do this season due to work commitments but today's performance was like that of a team and a coaching set up that doesn't care and has no passion, no bottle, no fight

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This takes the absolute piss.... If he has instructed the players to play like that and says he can't ask for any more then he needs to go NOW... I am livid after seeing this article.. Just sums up the bloke. totally deluded. We didn't control the game at all... Barnsley created very little, however we created even less. If he is instructing players to perform like that every week, it totally sums up the guy... OUT NOW.

Danny Wilson thought the game all hinged on Etuhu being sent off which meant having to be content with the draw instead of all 3 points. Barnsley did had one attempt which hit the woodwork and a header that narrowly missed going in.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
My worry is that if Oscar continues with this boring style with only one striker, next season may end up starting off with scraping a few draws and we could be fighting at the wrong end of the table. I know it's easy to make assumptions before this season's over, but either we get a new man in with new ideas or Oscar has to change his approach to games and be more attack minded.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I had the chance to chat with a senior member of the squad a couple of weeks ago and although not out of contract himself this year he was very critical of the cubs policy on contracts. He said it unsettled players and made them nervous rather than making them more motivated. They had to get their agents looking for new clubs incase no new contract was forthcoming and that they would rather know they weren't getting a new contract than be left in limbo.

"Turkey in not voting for Christmas shocker."

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Now then, be careful what you post, although you are obviously quite correct in all you say the Garcia happy clappers (especially the Turkish contingent) will give you a big thumbs down!

they can say what they want.. there weren't many happy clappers in the away end at oakwell today I can tell you that much. I have supported this club for nearly 20 yrs and i have seen some crap in my time, however the football at the moment is just absolute dross. I pay my money I can say what I like, I got hammered previously when I saw this coming back in January when we kept sneaking 1-0 wins. Its got to the point now I want teams to almost beat us to put us out of this misery of being so deluded that people think we can get in the play offs with this team and this manager in charge. Not overly fussed about the results (in a strange way) I just want to be entertained.. At the moment it feels like chore watching this club at the moment.. that is not a good thing.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yeh ok maybe not fighting relegation...points still valid though. How many teams get promoted from this league off of the back of the tightest defence?

Reading won it in 2011 without scoring too many, they had the best defensive record.
Cardiff were hardly freescoring last year and had the 2nd best defensive record.

Your point is utter rot.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
they can say what they want.. there weren't many happy clappers in the away end at oakwell today I can tell you that much. I have supported this club for nearly 20 yrs and i have seen some crap in my time, however the football at the moment is just absolute dross. I pay my money I can say what I like, I got hammered previously when I saw this coming back in January when we kept sneaking 1-0 wins. Its got to the point now I want teams to almost beat us to put us out of this misery of being so deluded that people think we can get in the play offs with this team and this manager in charge. Not overly fussed about the results (in a strange way) I just want to be entertained.. At the moment it feels like chore watching this club at the moment.. that is not a good thing.

I am in total agreement with you. The sooner we get the clueless Garcia out the better. Watching the Albion is like pulling teeth at the moment and has been most of the season. We may be near the playoffs on points but this mainly down to the form of others. Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Having just got home from the game I have to say that was pretty poor. No urgency, no real desire to go for the win against a team who were there for the taking.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
I would be happier being slightly further away from the play offs but playing exciting football.

I am in no rush for us to get in the premiership. Equally Oscar needs time and the scope to rebuild the team.

He came in to tinker with a very successful team, but he is not Gus and must start to stamp his mark on the team. Hopefully in the summer he can do that.

he has stamped his mark on this team already. The team mirror him in every way possible. Dull and clueless.. The final straw was the comment about not asking for any more and the players played how I wanted them to play.... That's it for me now. I want him out, no more crap excuses, no more give him pre season, If we give him pre season then its wasting it for someone else.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Danny Wilson thought the game all hinged on Etuhu being sent off which meant having to be content with the draw instead of all 3 points. Barnsley did had one attempt which hit the woodwork and a header that narrowly missed going in.

I personally thought they were 2 blatent bookings for Etuhu and he deserved to be sent off, However Ward was extremelly lucky not to get booked for his 1st sything down of their winger in the 1st half then ten mins later doing excatly the same again. He could easily of been sent off. Ulloa was then booked for mouthing off a the ref and despite this carried on and on. The ref had to tell Greer to tell him to shut up before he got sent off.. Ulloa is not a happy camper, his body language is terrible and he looks half arsed and fed up with getting no support at all.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
he has stamped his mark on this team already. The team mirror him in every way possible. Dull and clueless.. The final straw was the comment about not asking for any more and the players played how I wanted them to play.... That's it for me now. I want him out, no more crap excuses, no more give him pre season, If we give him pre season then its wasting it for someone else.

A great effort from the 675 today.... Shame you had to endure another dull, uninspiring, toothless performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here