Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should vegetarians be allowed to have a murderous pet?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
So everyone on here is out of their depth. Mmmm think maybe you're deluded. Can't see how this individual is allowed to pedal his filth on here. Oh and stop calling me mate - I am certainly not that.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Murderous pets?

Don't you mean dogs that kill farm animals, chew up adults and maul babies and children??

I'd like something done about that and the owners who own these dangerous killer dogs as pets.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Been many news reports of cats locally and nationally having horrific acts carried out on them including tails cut off and decapitation. Reading some of the comments on here maybe it's not that surprising that human beings are capable of carrying out such attacks.
If I caught anyone doing that to one of my two, I would do time.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've got three cats, and the birds mostly laugh at them (from a safe distance) - a bit like Russia fans v England fans.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Australians are such monumental dicks.

But way less monumental dick like as the utter ****wits from Europe who were stupid enough to bring cats over to Australia.

A continent where, at a guess, approximately 100% of the indigenous wildlife has evolved with absolutely zero defence to European cats.

Are you honestly suggesting that culling cats in Australia makes someone a monumental dick?

I'm lost for words at your apparent ignorance about a subject you seem happy to pontificate on.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
A dentist would disagree with you.

88338.adapt.768.1.jpg

they certainly look like meat eating k9 teeth to me.....on that vegetarian gorilla

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Wow what a hero. Bet you feel very big and powerful killing these animals and that is claptrap saying they turn from pet to vermin in a day

It's nothing to do with being a hero but then you know that. Your just taking the piss from a point of ignorance.

I've had to shoot feral cats here in the UK* and have taken no pleasure from it other than knowing my actions had caused no immediate suffering but had, at the same time, saved countless indigenous british wildlife from being unnecessarily killed by big and powerful domestic cats.

As to your last point, at an educated guess, they turn from domestic pets within the length of time they go from being hungry to starving. So 24 hours is actually viable.

* employed by, amongst others DEFRA, EA, Natural England and, wait for it, RSPB.

Your call...

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Though I hate to agree with an Aussie, they do seem to have a problem with imported species. What seems like a barbaric practice to us civilised folk, left unchecked, a dominant species could soon decimate any indigenous wildlife. We're not talking a handful of unruly felines here, we're talking vast masses of biblical proportions.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Though I hate to agree with an Aussie, they do seem to have a problem with imported species. What seems like a barbaric practice to us civilised folk, left unchecked, a dominant species could soon decimate any indigenous wildlife. We're not talking a handful of unruly felines here, we're talking vast masses of biblical proportions.

exactly why all cats here in the uk should be microchipped, but then it would mean they would have to be deemed domestic pets and NOT semi-wild.
it might also stop the cat farms who ignore all laws and sell to just about anyone, who when they do not want them any longer just abandon them
i to have worked in this field and its not all the cats fault
it is again down to us humans to control our animals

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Any reason why you "civilised folk" don't consider controlling the black rat population - a species imported to the UK by man - a barbaric practice?

Is it because cats are better represented on the Internet? :)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Any reason why you "civilised folk" don't consider controlling the black rat population - a species imported to the UK by man - a barbaric practice?

Is it because cats are better represented on the Internet? :)

Right problem, wrong colour!
My biggest problem is the silly old bint up the road chucking out whole loaves for the birds. This just seems to invite rodents to venture into all adjoining gardens. Luckily, the local cats are helping to stop this plague from spreading out of control:whistle:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

18 million on Government estimates.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Right problem, wrong colour!
My biggest problem is the silly old bint up the road chucking out whole loaves for the birds. This just seems to invite rodents to venture into all adjoining gardens. Luckily, the local cats are helping to stop this plague from spreading out of control:whistle:

Having read all your posts on this thread, I'm undecided as to whether I should send you a virtual cuddle or a smack in the gob. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here