Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] West Indies v England - First Test

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last time out, we slowed the pitches down to take Harris and Starc out of the equation, but we also had Swann.

With a certain lack of match winning spinners, not sure what the approach will be this time.

It'll be to get absolutely fcüuking ruined.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lose in the Windies and sack Moores, might give us some chance.

Only got the job as Downton needed to find a coach who would never pick KP, to back his decision up (not advocating a KP recall at this stage).

I don't have any faith in the old duffers picking a proper replacement for Downton. Vaughan is crying out to do the job, but has said a few strong words on that ghastly new fandangled television contraption, so we won't want his sort ruffling up the place, wot wot.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Last time out, we slowed the pitches down to take Harris and Starc out of the equation, but we also had Swann.

With a certain lack of match winning spinners, not sure what the approach will be this time.

Yeah, Lyon and Fawad are probably a better spin attack than anything England have got. Perhaps they should prepare the flattest tracks possible, play an extra batsman and aim for five draws

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I don't have any faith in the old duffers picking a proper replacement for Downton. Vaughan is crying out to do the job, but has said a few strong words on that ghastly new fandangled television contraption, so we won't want his sort ruffling up the place, wot wot.

Just get Nasser in, he should be able to upset everyone in a week or so....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thank goodness we are playing possibly the worst West Indies team for the last 40 years, I'd hate to see how our current crop would have coped with the Windies lightning quickies on Sabina Park in it's heyday.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but there's 2/3/4 (Gayle, Sammy, Smith?) of their starters over in India at the moment playing in the IPL. If we don't win this 3-0, something's wrong. Shame that some players put Test Cricket behind the IPL.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I find it depressing that the three people in the frame: Vaughan, Stewart and Strauss were all recent England captains. What they really need, as Australia found, is someone who wasn't a captain but a real, thoroughbred troublemaker. Not sure that anyone in the England camp springs to mind but a former captain does smack a bit like a safe choice.

If there's no English maverick to choose from, I'd go for a non-Englishman: what's Stephen Fleming doing these days?

Jul 7, 2003
Slightly O/T but what is with the strange music selection between overs? Sounds like someone has a copy of a very early NOW album as between the last few overs they have played Eddie Grant, Electric Avenue; Toni Basil, Mickey and Survivor, Eye of the Tiger. Not your traditional West Indian selection

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I find it depressing that the three people in the frame: Vaughan, Stewart and Strauss were all recent England captains. What they really need, as Australia found, is someone who wasn't a captain but a real, thoroughbred troublemaker. Not sure that anyone in the England camp springs to mind but a former captain does smack a bit like a safe choice.

If there's no English maverick to choose from, I'd go for a non-Englishman: what's Stephen Fleming doing these days?
Tufnell :lolol:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The lads i drink with had a good 1st day bumped into some fellow Shots fans and even met the legend Sir Viv Richards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here