Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which alcohol was responsible for your first horrific hangover and how old were you?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Pernod. Took me three hours to make the 20 minutes walk home. I have minimal recollection of it, but a friend went with me. Apparently I fell over frequently, crawled through several hedges. Could keep nothing down for around 36 hours afterwards.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
At 16, a couple of mates and I downed 3 bottles of sherry, I had a headache for what seemed like a week!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
baby cham aged about 8,couldn't get up the stairs to go to bed

the worse,on my 30th birthday,tried drinking a whole bottle of blue labelled smirnoff,I was very ill and ended up collapsing in the hall way at home,very stupid I could of killed myself,did I learn from this? No

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm pretty sure [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] can WIN this thread.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the pub now known as The White Rabbit (Kensington arms Kensington gardens) used to have shelves full of bottle of drink from all over the world,we the three Amigos decided to work our way through them until we fell over ....and we did very often on the way home.
massive hangover
RIP Bill

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Tequila, 15.

My cousin maintains it was the 6 or 7 beers I had before the tequila but I recall feeling great until that stuff hit the back of my throat. To this day I can't drink tequila.

Exactly the same. The smell of it still makes me wretch.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I was 15 years old and got drunk on Bishops Finger. I woke up covered in my own vomit. Have still got a picture of me sitting outside the swan pub with a traffic cone on my head.

Mine was caused by beer. Too much Flowers Bitter in the bar of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre at Stratford upon Avon. It was a school trip. I think I was 16 at the time.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
16. 2 cans of Special Brew followed by a bottle of Cinzano.

Horrendous.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Aged 15 i found myself at a very sophisticated party in Upper North Street with a large selection of drinks. (Well to a 15 year old who had only ever had party 7s and cider at parties, it seemed sophisticated). I decided that large glasses of vodka and tonic were required in order for me to maintain my carefully nurtured image with these new found bohemian friends.

Then things got a little hazy. I woke up the next day with a hangover from hell in my own bed with no recollection of the night before. Over the next few weeks memories that gradually came back to me included throwing up in the bathroom while various people shouted through the door, crawling across the crowded living room on all fours, and a cab driver refusing to take me to Mile Oak (my home at the time).

Probably only surpassed by my first night on a club 18-30 holiday in Greece in the late 70s. To this day, even typing the word Retsina makes me feel nauseous.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm pretty sure [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] can WIN this thread.
Lolz. Quite possibly.

I drunk an entire bottle of whisky (well, minus two measures) aged four and a half after necking the bottle found on the kitchen breakfast table that had been opened for a nightcap the night before. I was found in a pool of sick at the bottom of the stairs at 6 in the morning when the 4 year old girl I'd gone to get a drink with raised the alarm...

I was in a coma for 3 days, with the hospital preparing my parents for the worst, as I was given a 50/50 chance of survival. Three months later, at school sports day, my sweat still STANK of booze. :lolol:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Unlimited sangria at 'El Rancho', Lloret de Mar in 1977 aged 16 with a mate. I passed out mid-evening and woke the next morning fully clothed in an empty bath having badly messed myself. Something had come out of every oraffice.
I look back and realise how dangerous it was and always feel sadness when I hear of deaths of young people on package tours from drink related incidents.
I never touched any alcohol again until I was 35.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
4 cans of Miller Lite mixed with vodka. Aged 15. Woke up to find myself laying in a bus stop a mile from the youth club I'd been in.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Newcastle brown £1 a bottle at the Carioca club in Worthing. As per lots of others, woke up after vomiting my stomach contents while passed out, trouble was, i was on the train still.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Me and a friend, aged 14, had a day off school and in our wisdom made the sensible decision to raid my parent's drink cabinet. Not content with being the thieving little b@stards we were and only stealing one drink, we concocted a mixture of (and I recoil as I type this): Southern Comfort, Kirsch, a 20 year old bottle of Grand Marnier and some Scotch Whiskey. Off on our bikes to the local park where we downed most of the booze in about 5 minutes. This resulted in us becoming somewhat trashed and with my friend developing a strong desire to urinate, we cycled (how I survived that trip to type this remains a mystery) to a riverside walk where my friend could go in some bushes for we could not return to either of our houses due to our respective parents returning home. However, the pupils of another local school did not have the luxury of an inset day and they were walking home along the walk as usual, only this time they were treated to the sight of my friend and his rather poorly concealed penis, gushing all over the grass like Niagara Falls. We left hastily and sat down on a wall, where my friend vomited all over his shoes before deciding to head home and face the music. After sitting there for an hour and a half hoping in vain that I might sober up, I too admitted defeat, returned home and went straight to bed. I awoke some time later, vomited partially on my bed, partially in the adjacent bin, before falling asleep again. The parents were somewhat irate and my mother showed no mercy the next morning and sent me to school. The thumping hangover was exacerbated by me and my clarinet being coached off to play a selection of Christmas songs and carols with the full school orchestra in the terminals of Gatwick Airport, an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here