Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
This is becoming depressing now!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Il snap their arm of for 2.5M for Buckley, he is far too much of a sick note. Better to cash in while that sort of money is being offered.

However the club need to re invest the money.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Good luck Will, hope the move works out, thanks for everything.

But great business for us, assuming we have identified the right transfer targets and have a realistic chance of bringing them in.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If we do receive £2.5 million (less Watford's 15%) I feel it is good business.
On this occasion I believe we can get in a player who will contribute more to the team over a season for the same money.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Not sure we couldn't have got a little more than 2.5m when you look at some of these other crazy transfers but this is still good biz.
Good luck to the lad but as has been already said, he just isn't the player he was since all his hammy problems.
Healthy kitty, now let's replace him with better.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

But great business for us, assuming we have identified the right transfer targets and have a realistic chance of bringing them in.

This

Part of Albion folklore with those 2 goals v donny

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'm sure Gus would of paid more than 2.5 for him, but good luck Will.

A lot of money built up in the tranfers pot now, can we spend some please...?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Part of out AMeX history. Great player injuries aside. Best of luck. For 2.5 million its good business again and makes sense to sell. Best of luck Will

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
For those of you thinking this isn't good, how would you feel if we were signing Will Buckley? Knowing what we do today about him, knowing that on his day he is capable of ripping even the best defences in this division apart, but that those days are few and far between. Knowing that he may spend up to a 3rd of the season out injured and another 3rd getting back to fitness. Would you be happy for Brighton to spend 2.5 million on this lad? Or would you be saying we can do better?

Thanks for the memories Will. Hope your injury record seriously improves and you go on to be a world beater.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
is that bid accepted, subject to medical? I wouldn't count any chickens yet then.....

if it goes through then I'm happy with that. one of my fave ever players but not for the past 12 months at least

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'll be absolutely amazed if this goes through with his hamstrings.

And absolutely gutted if Gus gets him right and he starts performing at his best again.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Where have you been all summer. Identify targets?
We just give clubs our sort code and account number and wait for the next bid.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here