Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff: would you take a point now?

Would you take a point at Cardiff now?

• Yes please

Votes: 101 38.5%
  • No thank you

Votes: 126 48.1%
  • **** off with your ridiculous clickbait shit

Votes: 35 13.4%

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hughton today during his press conference;

our approach is exactly the same as any other away game

Pretty much the most depressing thing I have read recently.

Pretty shit that. Everyone can see it needs to change away . Unless of course he is happy keeping goal differences down and doing the business at home.

I just hope he;'s talking about the approach as in the build up. I hope in the game we change it as its getting very frustrating trying to survive away and setting things up to stay in the game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I could ask the same of you.

Do you honestly think Hughton tells his team, away from home, go out there and win?
Or do you expect him to say something like 'try not to lose'.

The facts surroundings our away records suggests you are being naive in the extreme if you think CH demands victories from his away team, formation and planning.

As said elsewhere 'what's the point of playing for next season, when next season never comes?'

I don't think he says any of those in your post. He will talk to each individual about their job in the game, what the opposition normally do, who is marking whom, and how to attack when we get the chance.

Both yours and my previous post are far too simplistic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our strength is being hard to beat, and it looks so far, thatwe have been harder to beat vs. last season . We are not, at this level, strong enough to assume that if they score 1 we will score 2. We don't have any form for winning away, and we are playing a team who will almost certainly see this as a chance for 3 points too. Match them for passion and what edge we think we have in quality should hopefully come through.
People keep calling Cardiff a "Championship side" - a side that proved it was too good for the Championship by finishing 2nd. We also finished 2nd - and we are still, largely, a "championship side". Any point right now is good for me.. but we have a chance to take 3 which we will if we play at our top level, Cardiff play just below theirs. Otherwise it will be very tight and could easily not go our way. None of the "Championship sides" went down last year, whilst 3 sides who would not have been described as "Championship sides" all dropped.

That's far too sensible a post for Nsc. Please go and sit in the corner. :)

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I would be well happy with a point, but feel that this is a game we should be able to get three points from.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We need to, for once in our away games in the Prem, play to win... this is one of the few away games I will say that... play for 3 points, be happy with 1, but... if we do our normal protect 0-0 and lose I will be very disappointed with my beloved Chris for not going for it when he clearly should...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I still want revenge on Neil Warnock for the 1991 playoff final defeat, so hoping for a win but would take a draw. Its a bigger game for them, as they will feel that this is one of the few matches that they need to win to have a chance of avoiding relegation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I've changed my mind - Yes I'd be happy with a point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No, as getting up at 04:30 for this I expect a win

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Very strong chance that 9 of our starting 11 will be from our glorious Championship side.

Quite why people think we should be easily beating teams like Cardiff away from home is beyond me.

I remember the same comments when our not quite so glorious Championship team went there 3 seasons ago.

I will take a point now thanks.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm expected nothing other than a tough, tough game and if our levels aren't where they need to be, they've got the players up front to punish us.

Back out from Hughton mode for a second..... I never really get why people are ever happy with a point before a game.... because it's 3 points for a win. The reward for taking the risk to win is twice as great as the loss we incur if we lose. It follows then that as long as the chance of winning a game which is otherwise heading for a draw is at least 34%, then it's worth taking that risk ..... and if you do it every week and minimise the number of draws, you'll go up the table.

But human psychology doesn't work like that. We're loss averse, so we accept draws when there's easily a greater than 34% chance of turning a draw into a win

So ... win then

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Any away draw is a good result but Cardiff are 1 of the few matches we could win away all season so we need to go and give them a decent match

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Cardiff are utter, utter shit. But, so we were West Brom. :down:

I think we'll lose with a whimper. Bring on the bounce..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here