Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Seriously - ignoring your woefully wrong trolling attempts - what do you suggest a real man does if his little lady dares have a sulk?

Tell her to STFU?

Give her a slap?

Help us out here.

Who said he has a lady:whistle:???

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good grief man!

Rule no1 in a supermarket when shopping as a couple is to push the trolley but always follow about 5ft behind and stop at a suitable distance when she does so she can just place whatever it is into said trolley without looking. It also helps to not run over her heels with the trolley when she suddenly stops without warning because that tin of super-food beans that she doesn't know she wanted is there....

Never EVER lead the way, otherwise you never know when she's stopped and have to do a full about-turn in a cramped aisle so you can be close enough to her to place said cotton buds without moving.....

If she's anything like my Mrs the list is written in the order that she walks the aisles. Going the "other" way leads to the exact reason this thread is for....

I didn't know there was a system, a correct way to negotiate the aisles.....I thought we were just chucking stuff in the trolly and going home.

It's a bloody minefield.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Good grief man!

Rule no1 in a supermarket when shopping as a couple is to push the trolley but always follow about 5ft behind and stop at a suitable distance when she does so she can just place whatever it is into said trolley without looking. It also helps to not run over her heels with the trolley when she suddenly stops without warning because that tin of super-food beans that she doesn't know she wanted is there....

Never EVER lead the way, otherwise you never know when she's stopped and have to do a full about-turn in a cramped aisle so you can be close enough to her to place said cotton buds without moving.....

If she's anything like my Mrs the list is written in the order that she walks the aisles. Going the "other" way leads to the exact reason this thread is for....

Absolute nail on head :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
1506630372-gettyimages-88178799.jpg1506630456-gettyimages-78725947.jpgsponge-in-sink.jpgremote-control.jpgdirty-socks-on-floor.jpgbathroom.jpgtoilet-paper-roll.jpg

Any of these ring a bell? :lolol:

Toilet roll about our limit :rolleyes:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't really bother mentioning much. If I see something that I don't think has been done the way I would do it, I just put it right and go about my day. Seems to work.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
D18E

It really is a very sharp almost 180deg turn and you must be in the right hand lane to be able to take it. I believe it is signed Le Mans or Alencon but can't swear to it.
You drive through an industrial estate but it is still two lanes either way. The railway lines are on the right as you head west.

We now avoid Rouen altogether, because the A28 and A11 toll charges got expensive so we branch off onto the A29 to Le Havre, then onto Caen and St Malo before heading south. It's only 5.90 to cross the Port de Normandie, so we save loads. Our journey time is only 30 mins longer to the Vendee.

We discovered the A29 Le Havre route when Rouen was doing repairs to the tunnel on the hill and the whole road was closed.

https://youtu.be/SA4D_M_506k

Sorry,TB. :D:

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Never got my head around this one - out golfing, txt the Mrs at 5pm saying I'd be home by 7.30pm. Walked through the door at 7pm and got a rocket for being "early" as she had worked things out for me to come in at 7pm!!!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Ex-girlfriend tells me I should watch the Inbetweeners as I would find it really funny.

I watch the Inbetweeners with a mate and find it funny, so proceed to tell ex-girlfriend she was right.

She becomes pissed off that I watched it with a mate and not her as she was the one who had told me I would find it funny.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
what "thing i have of pretending i know about posters lives " im not aware of it , ive been told stuff about you by people who know you , ill leave it at that.

That didn't make you sound dodgy in the slightest. Not at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That didn't make you sound dodgy in the slightest. Not at all.

He's a very odd, perpetually angry man, but we do actually have a few mutual (Albion) acquaintances, as it goes.

None of those people actually know me away from the football, or know anything of my home life though, so heaven knows what special insight he thinks he's gleaned, into my relationship with my lovely wife! :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Never got my head around this one - out golfing, txt the Mrs at 5pm saying I'd be home by 7.30pm. Walked through the door at 7pm and got a rocket for being "early" as she had worked things out for me to come in at 7pm!!!

Did you check if there was another man in your wardrobe or under the bed ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I was off work, very unwell, and when my now ex girlfriend came home from work, she laid in to me about not hoovering during the day. The pointless argument escalated so badly that she gave me a black eye, broke my nose, split my lip and punched me so hard that the glasses I was wearing ended up in a different room to me.
Suffice to say, I promptly got out of that loving relationship.

Wow. You come across as a decent bloke aswell. Maybe to much Netflix ? If you ever in Brighton pre match i'm happy to meet up for a beer :thumbsup:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Wow. You come across as a decent bloke aswell. Maybe to much Netflix ? If you ever in Brighton pre match i'm happy to meet up for a beer :thumbsup:

Cheers, I'm sure I'll be about at some point.
Never anything on Netflix for me to watch, the Mrs watches a bit but the stepdaughter is glued to it. She uses my old PS3 so it looks like I'm online watching it 24/7. I don't watch teenage series, honestly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahh, supermarkets. Always such rich pickings for an argument. Here's one we often like to return to.

We do the self-scan "zap" with the gun. She pushes the trolley and selects the items, while I amble along behind her and zap the barcode of whatever she holds out in front of me. Then she tosses it into the trolley. Except sometimes, she holds the item round the wrong way, with the barcode underneath or somewhere else. Usually this is when she's holding it out looking away from me, perusing the shelves or the next aisle. Obviously I can't zap it, so then she becomes impatient WITH ME.

"Have you done it yet ??"
"No - I can't see the barcode, you're holding it the wrong way"
"Well TAKE IT OFF ME then!"
"Look, can't you just turn it over ?"
"Oh FFS"

Now I know what you're thinking. Why don't I just take the item off her and zap it ? Well, the reason for that is, I am then in danger of falling into the trap of zapping it, but then putting the item "IN THE WRONG PART OF THE TROLLEY" (yes, really), which is a whole new argument to get into. She likes fresh stuff in the little compartment at the front. She'll put washing powder in the childs seat. She'll hang packets off bogroll off the little hook. And then, god help us, there's the various catagories for all the BAGS. Once, I put a can of furniture polish in the "frozen" bag, and nearly lost an eye.

You think this shit should be straightforward with her ? YOU try it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here