Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomer Hemed's emotional Facebook post

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gutted for Tomer Hemed. Yes I know him - genuinely one of the nicest football players I have known. Down to earth & a really nice guy. The best penalty taker I have known at the Albion in 40 years. Given that we are not blessed with fit forwards I am gobsmacked that he has gone out on loan!

Spanish Dave.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It would be very sad to see him head into a bottom three Championship club like Baldock.

He is without doubt, a top player in that league and not too far behind Murray.

Lol, Murray is on a different planet to hemed in terms of footballing ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bald seagull:

What is with. “ If even stay up?” ....... Of course we are staying up! We are a decent side now with experience in th PL. we must believe, just as Tomer said to.

They were inspiring words . When I can I will take a print of it . I need that attitude these days. Good luck to the guy, he will go on to do a job for someone else .

This. Top post :cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just read the start of his post for a flavour of the bloke's ego: "many young players ask me 'what is your secret?'". Really? :lol:

No. Wrong. Way off. Completely 'scuse me while I kiss this guy' off whack

off.gif

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not a psychiatrist but it sounds to me that Mr Hemed might have a touch of bipolar and a persecution complex.

It's interesting that he talks about his highs and lows so candidly but he clearly has some very dark moments.

I also like the fact that he identifies the fact that he isn't the most gifted player but has a very strong determination to succeed despite it. A very interesting insight into the mindset of a pro sportsman. He could have a good career in sports psychology post playing.

He's simply revealing very human ups and downs, accentuated by the career interruptions pro sportsmen get through injuries. Many, many people experience similar ups and downs, but it's kept well hidden from their neighbours and public view, by a brave face.

In contrast Bipolar is a very serious mental illness, requiring strong medication.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
All the best to him , never let us down , never hear of him bleating about not being picked , hope he goes on and bags a hatful wherever he plays .

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What do I think of him? If he didn't deliberately step on that Newcastle lad, then his career has been cruelly ripped from him. My opinion of it - it looked deliberate - but if it was truly an accident (only he knows) then it has unfairly truncated his career at the highest level.

He is a fantastic striker. Its interesting looking at his career stats - he has never torn up a level in his career, but has continued moving up. That shows commitment and desire, but it also means he has had to continually impress, there is little record to fall back on.

As a man, I feel closer to Tomer than many of our players past and present. I feel his angst, his desire, his willingness to impress and improve. I can celebrate his goals more than others, and feel his disappointment more than I perhaps should. He has never been a Brighton hero, 'tis true,, but has always been fondly respected by the fans.

Of all our players, if I had to pick one to randomly meet and buy a pint, I think I would enjoy it most with Tomer. May he score many more goals for us, and if not, may he be forever in our hearts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's simply revealing very human ups and downs, accentuated by the career interruptions pro sportsmen get through injuries. Many, many people experience similar ups and downs, but it's kept well hidden from their neighbours and public view, by a brave face.

In contrast Bipolar is a very serious mental illness, requiring strong medication.

Just reminded me why I have blocked the previous poster. Too much a turbulent priest.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Football is strange we can sell Baldock but have to give Hemed away for a season unless there is a loan fee I am not aware off). I know which one I would have n my team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Doesn’t he have a June 2020 expiring contract having taken revised terms for 18 months after his good start last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunno mate.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Football is strange we can sell Baldock but have to give Hemed away for a season unless there is a loan fee I am not aware off). I know which one I would have n my team.

Someone on the Argus comments stated there was a £750k loan fee (I have no idea if there is any truth in that).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Someone on the Argus comments stated there was a £750k loan fee (I have no idea if there is any truth in that).

Hmmmm.... I would *guess* that we're paying some of his wages.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just reminded me why I have blocked the previous poster. Too much a turbulent priest.

Why are you CONSTANTLY updating everyone with who you've blocked ?? I don't think anyone is very interested.

Anyway, I can only echo the majority of the sentiments on here wishing Tomer well at QPR. He's far better than them IMO, I'm surprised he's not wound up at a Championship club more equipped for a tilt at the top 6 rather than one of the bottom-feeders. I'll keep an eye on him there with interest though.

The two stand-out goals for me was that fantastic late bullet header for the 3-3 at Brentford, and the crucial late piledriver from the edge of the box at the Amex that won us the game against Cardiff. Both brilliant strikes from a quality, whole-hearted forward. Unfortunately he's going into an absolutely terrible team at QPR, so goalscoring opportunities may be scarce. But he'll certainly put a shift in for them. Really hope he does well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here