Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Our media is feeble

Possibly, because they know, nobody has a plan, not now, not then , not ever, apart from burying their heads in the sand, putting their fingers in their ears and shouting ” la la la la “ so they can’t hear anyone tell they what a mess they’ve instigated.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What a nasty piece of work you are.

Really? Pointing out that old people die makes me nasty? I live in the real world, unfortunately, this is what happens. Brexit will make us poorer as a nation, and less able to look after the elderly, but you are happy for that to happen for the sake of what? Blue Passports?
There is no money to be had from Brexit, no Brexit dividend, except for Holland maybe as they got the EMA located there, and the financial benefits that brings.
If you want to look at callous self interest, with disregard to the health and well being of the people of this country, look in the mirror, fucnugget.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How about we have a referendum to rejoin AFTER we have left, if Stay Out wins then we stay out but if Rejoin The EU wins we have an extra referendum before they get a chance to sign the rejoin paperwork, you know just to make sure people really really really want to rejoin and give them that added extra go to vote the right way instead? Seems fair.

If the terms of our membership on rejoining were quite different from what people were told they would be, then yes, absolutely give the people a chance to say no, that isn't what I voted for. Absolutely fair.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[tweet]1063339421527879680[/tweet]

not going to argue over his effectiveness, im pretty sure the EU set the timetabling for the meetings and the negotiation process. i recall some fuss about it at the time, but its not really the reason for why we are where we are.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Mrs May and her team have done a fantastic job, putting forward a deal that would suit neither leave or remain is a masterstroke, firmly wedging the door open for a 2nd referendum, she is a true remainer, EU rubbing their hands, they have form remember when the 1st referendum don't go the way they want.

Not strictly true, I'm a staunch remainer but if we HAVE to leave the EU then this is a deal I would pursue, keeps us aligned with various rules so we don't lower our standards just to get some trade deals; has not as much disruption to our economy as the harder-brexits; maintains visa-free travel to the EU and allows EU citizens to stay here; keeps higher-education and research partnerships functioning; solves the NI border problem; and keeps us closely enough aligned that when my children vote for us to rejoin the EU in he future it won't be that difficult.

Obviously I would prefer to remain, but if we can't that would be a satisfactory outcome of leave. One of the main problems the leavers have is that they've just forgotten we exist and think the type of brexit the UK pursues is a just a matter for discussion between different factions of the leave campaign, when there are a whole 48% of us who also get a say in how we leave the EU.

The irony of course is that by pushing for a hard brexit they risk no brexit at all.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
not going to argue over his effectiveness, im pretty sure the EU set the timetabling for the meetings and the negotiation process.

Yes - I recall beforehand according to Davis we'd be 'having the mother of all rows' over the sequencing and timetabling of the 'negotiations' during the summer of 2017.

We conceded to The EU's sequencing and timetabling by lunchtime on the first day.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1063378780713074688[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1063393918719541249[/TWEET]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
An extreme Brexiter is unlikely to get in as the ERG don't have the numbers to get one of theirs onto the ballot. It's not even a guarantee that May would lose a vote to trigger a full leadership contest in the first place.

Even someone like Boris Johnson, while popular with the membership, is widely loathed by his colleagues in Westminster and as such is hugely unlikely to make it onto the ballot. My money remains on something along the lines of May vs Gove, which will turn into this deal vs "Norway for Now" as he's been sounding out in recent weeks.

Norway arrangements would still not solve Northern Ireland border issue, so if it was Norway plus Customs Union, it would look pretty much like membership.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Really? Pointing out that old people die makes me nasty? I live in the real world, unfortunately, this is what happens. Brexit will make us poorer as a nation, and less able to look after the elderly, but you are happy for that to happen for the sake of what? Blue Passports?
There is no money to be had from Brexit, no Brexit dividend, except for Holland maybe as they got the EMA located there, and the financial benefits that brings.
If you want to look at callous self interest, with disregard to the health and well being of the people of this country, look in the mirror, fucnugget.

Well quite a few of You appeaser and Lord Haw Haw types on this thread seem to delight in the fact that Leave voters are passing away at a greater rate than remain voters.
That is how I came to the conclusion that you are probably not a very pleasant person to be around.Still if the spite filled insults are good you carry on.
We are on our way and March cannot be far away.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Despite all our differences, I hope we can all agree that the prat in the hat who appears with his billboards in just about every live broadcast from the parliament lawns would benefit from a hearty kick in the nuts :moo:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What the EU think

[tweet]1063389516805877760[/tweet]

Deal done. No negotiation unless GE or referendum on terms.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
. My money remains on something along the lines of May vs Gove.

As pointed out earlier, this is a complete impossibility.

If May wins a no confidence vote, then there's no leadership contest.

If she does't win, there will be a leadership contest ... but she can't be one of the candidates

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here