Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia tonight

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was a tough job and playing high balls up to him was a poor strategy when it’s clear he’s not good in the air.

In first half had one superb flick to put Bong through on the left but it came to nothing.

Overall didn’t look confident or on the back of this unlikely to dislodge Murray for Friday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On way back. He was awful, but on a hiding to nothing to be fair.

Has no control, and the first time in the game the ball was successfully held up was when Murray came on.

I have been on the fence re Locadia since he joined, but am beginning to fall on the wrong side.

He doesn’t understand when to pressure the ball, understanding of off-side similar to Manu.

Would perhaps thrive in a forward two, but that’s not what we play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
He was woeful.

I accept that away to Man City he was always going to have limited chances, but the utter lack of work rate, inability to hold the ball up or keep possession are a bad sign. At the moment, he would struggle to get a game in the Championship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On way back. He was awful, but on a hiding to nothing to be fair.

Has no control, and the first time in the game the ball was successfully held up was when Murray came on.

I have been on the fence re Locadia since he joined, but am beginning to fall on the wrong side.

He doesn’t understand when to pressure the ball, understanding of off-side similar to Manu.

Would perhaps thrive in a forward two, but that’s not what we play.

Yet he must have held the ball up at least 3 times, (of his 5 touches) played it back to either Bisouma or AK and sprinted off for the return, which never arrived.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yet he must have held the ball up at least 3 times, (of his 5 touches) played it back to either Bisouma or AK and sprinted off for the return, which never arrived.

3 times is generous in the extreme. I reckon once. He struggled to get his body between their defenders and the ball throughout.

Edit: He ran blindly offside a few times in a Manu like fashion, but this was not following him holding the ball up anything like effectively.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He was woeful.

I accept that away to Man City he was always going to have limited chances, but the utter lack of work rate, inability to hold the ball up or keep possession are a bad sign. At the moment, he would struggle to get a game in the Championship.

this is what i have been thinking , he got his chance against one of the biggest teams in the world yesterday and all he had to do was run his bollox off and chase the ball a bit more and he would have won a few of the doubters over ... myself included , he seems to be unaware as to what is required of him......he looks the part but so far hasn't shown much at all .

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
this is what i have been thinking , he got his chance against one of the biggest teams in the world yesterday and all he had to do was run his bollox off and chase the ball a bit more and he would have won a few of the doubters over ... myself included , he seems to be unaware as to what is required of him......he looks the part but so far hasn't shown much at all .
We could have got CMS back for a one off special to chase around in a style that is ultimately pointless but endearing to supporters....

We have moved on. I have complete faith in Chris Hughton and find the NSC Saturday night shift managers to be highly risible.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We could have got CMS back for a one off special to chase around in a style that is ultimately pointless but endearing to supporters....

We have moved on. I have complete faith in Chris Hughton and find the NSC Saturday night shift managers to be highly risible.

Who says chasing around has to be pointless. Murray is 10 years older , moves faster(? maybe just fact thatht he moves) , moves further and certainly moves with a lot more purpose. the irony of your comment is that we have just watched one of the best teams in the world who run and chase after the ball all the time.

Risible? Perhaps you would like a football forum run by the Stepford wives type of fan with 'yes i was happy to lose 2-0 today' comments and all the 'players were great'.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
It was a tough job and playing high balls up to him was a poor strategy when it’s clear he’s not good in the air.

In first half had one superb flick to put Bong through on the left but it came to nothing.

Overall didn’t look confident or on the back of this unlikely to dislodge Murray for Friday.

To be fair, he'd be unlikely to dislodge Robin Friday. And he's been dead for nearly 30 years!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Jurgen did a great job.

Knock him all you want but you could have had Ronaldo doing the job he was asked to do and the end result would have been the same. W played well but you have no chance when they play like that. They would have battered any team in that sort of form. And hats of to Guardiola. They couldn't play through us and he spotted that and altered it to go wide against us. The man is a genius but it is easy to be a genius it with that talent at your disposal.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Locadia has a future at the club IF the surrounding players learn to play to his strengths.

It's one thing playing the ball to Glenn Murray, but he's a lot slower than Locadia. The ball needs to move a lot quicker with Locadia and I think Chris knows that with the hiring of Andone, Ali J and Bissouma to complement Knockaert and Izquierdo.

As others have said, he's on a hiding to nothing up against Citeh, but pitch him and everyone else listed up for the next few games against similar opposition and I'm sure they'll all gel to become a formidable forward line for the Albion. :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Jurgen did a great job.

Knock him all you want but you could have had Ronaldo doing the job he was asked to do and the end result would have been the same. W played well but you have no chance when they play like that. They would have battered any team in that sort of form. And hats of to Guardiola. They couldn't play through us and he spotted that and altered it to go wide against us. The man is a genius but it is easy to be a genius it with that talent at your disposal.

He really didn’t. If we are to pressure higher up, you would normally have a trigger player and know when to do it. Locadia did not, and whilst he had a thankless task yesterday, that does not impact on implementing a tactic or the ability to control, and fight for the right to have the ball (which we did when Murray was on).

Spot on re Guardiola, but the second was down the middle where Stephens would have been.

If anyone is a tactical genius, IMO, it is Hughton, because our team in the main held our shape brilliantly and didn’t capitulate. Great job by everyone (again IMO).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Locadia has a future at the club IF the surrounding players learn to play to his strengths.

It's one thing playing the ball to Glenn Murray, but he's a lot slower than Locadia. The ball needs to move a lot quicker with Locadia and I think Chris knows that with the hiring of Andone, Ali J and Bissouma to complement Knockaert and Izquierdo.

As others have said, he's on a hiding to nothing up against Citeh, but pitch him and everyone else listed up for the next few games against similar opposition and I'm sure they'll all gel to become a formidable forward line for the Albion. :thumbsup:

You normally buy a player to fit a team style rather than get the team to change.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You normally buy a player to fit a team style rather than get the team to change.

The list of reasons Locadia isn’t shining continues to grow. Rest of the team aren’t fast enough, formation, type of ball into him, type of player around him, easier opposition, bigger goals maybe? Unfair he’s not had a chance against a team down to 10?

I’m not sure with Andone closer to fitness, CH is giving Locadia a last roll of the dice to prove himself as the 2nd choice striker before Andone starts getting the nod on the bench. Difficult to impress away to ManCity, no one is expecting goals, but you still need that something about you in touch, strength, positioning and distribution.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The list of reasons Locadia isn’t shining continues to grow. Rest of the team aren’t fast enough, formation, type of ball into him, type of player around him, easier opposition, bigger goals maybe? Unfair he’s not had a chance against a team down to 10?

I’m not sure with Andone closer to fitness, CH is giving Locadia a last roll of the dice to prove himself as the 2nd choice striker before Andone starts getting the nod on the bench. Difficult to impress away to ManCity, no one is expecting goals, but you still need that something about you in touch, strength, positioning and distribution.

Ha loving the optimism re Andone, being an AMEX era.striker there's about an 80% chance he'll have everyone desperate for Locadia, before the year is out. :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Careful chaps, if you name many more (15) really really embarrassing AMEX era strikers you'll set off the alarm bell in Chailey, who'll be desperate to tell you the 4 far outweigh the 24.

Cos they do. Because without Murray, Baldock, Zamora and Hemed we wouldn’t even be having a conversation about our £15m striker and his flaws - because we would still be in the Champl or relegated last season.
But if getting worked up about Akpom, best, and the like still floats your boat feel free.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ha loving the optimism re Andone, being an AMEX era.striker there's about an 80% chance he'll have everyone desperate for Locadia, before the year is out. :lolol:

Where was the optimism? I was merely suggesting the battle for 2nd choice - that is hardly optimistic....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where was the optimism? I was merely suggesting the battle for 2nd choice - that is hardly optimistic....

You think he's better than Locadia...

...at sitting on the bench.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here