Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What one thing would you do to improve NSC?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Rather than banning some people some sites will use a pen forum to put them where they can cool of or get their odd issue out of their system. So they are restricted to this forum but others can post in it.

I beleive the palace board has a system like this. A good place to put palace trolls and ay threads started by Hove Born and bred.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I hear you but Bozza might prefer the NSC traffic to stay on here instead of wandering off to the Huddersfield forum when we need to find the relevant link.
Had a look at that site and can't see the link to other forums tbh.

When you go into 'Down at the MAC' , it is right at the top in BLOCK CAPITALS it says ' CLICK HERE FOR OTHER MESSAGEBOARDS '

I don't think for a moment that it would take interest away from NSC but it does offer quick access to other boards quickly and without having to ' research '

Oh - and :ascarf::ascarf::ascarf: HOORAY !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When you go into 'Down at the MAC' , it is right at the top in BLOCK CAPITALS it says ' CLICK HERE FOR OTHER MESSAGEBOARDS '

I don't think for a moment that it would take interest away from NSC but it does offer quick access to other boards quickly and without having to ' research '

Oh - and :ascarf::ascarf::ascarf: HOORAY !

Agreed - I'm going to add it, maybe tonight.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A donation to a moose charity for every 100k posts made and, when meeting the billion post mark, 4 lucky invites to a moose rodeo in which our sponsored meese will battle to the death, the invitees going home with still slightly warm antler sandals.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
A section for local news and debate. The Argus comments column is not the place for rational discussion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A section for local news and debate. The Argus comments column is not the place for rational discussion.

Interesting.

Only this week I was thinking about a new site - something like Real Sussex News which would cover the important happenings in and around Sussex without the 'cat stuck up tree' type shit.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
How about a tab at the top to take you to a consolidated view of Polls only, just a thought to enable a quick trawl to check you haven't missed a vote or to check on the latest voting results status.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It probably could never work but, in an ideal world, it would be nice to have a few threads where pointless criticism and negativity were banned. It is really tedious having to plough through it on every thread and, for those of a more positive persuasion, it is actually quite annoying/frustrating/offputting.

The (often deliberately provocative) thickos can post drivel til their hearts are content on other threads but it would be good to have a place for more considered and generally positive discussion. It could be called the "No negative thickos" area of NSC.

It would be the virtual equivalent of being able to move away when you found yourself standing in front of an idiot moaner in the old North Stand...

The unicorn and rainbows section - I like it.

It would be a quiet place of self reflection.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
May i also recommend an agony aunt section similar to the one i used to read in my sister's Just 17 magazine. It explained to me the white spots on my scrotum, so any young NSCers could discreetly go into a 'growing pains' section and anonymously throw in questions for modestly understanding chaps such as Tubby McFat and the sexually timid El Pres to offer warm and innocent advice in reply.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
May i also recommend an agony aunt section similar to the one i used to read in my sister's Just 17 magazine. It explained to me the white spots on my scrotum, so any young NSCers could discreetly go into a 'growing pains' section and anonymously throw in questions for modestly understanding chaps such as Tubby McFat and the sexually timid El Pres to offer warm and innocent advice in reply.

'Sack spots' (as we must call them) are caused by wet shaving the pubis vulgaris on the underside of the bollards (something actor Matt LeBlanc of Friends fame admitted in Esquire magazine last year that he does to remove grey pubes). You can lance sack spots (carefully!) with a needle and squeeze out the sebaceous content or pimply just live with them. Trimming the pubis vulgaris growing from the bollards with a pair of nail scissors is preferable to wet shaving and will not give you aforementioned sack spots.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
'Sack spots' (as we must call them) are caused by wet shaving the pubis vulgaris on the underside of the bollards (something actor Matt LeBlanc of Friends fame admitted in Esquire magazine last year that he does to remove grey pubes). You can lance sack spots (carefully!) with a needle and squeeze out the sebaceous content or pimply just live with them. Trimming the pubis vulgaris growing from the bollards with a pair of nail scissors is preferable to wet shaving and will not give you aforementioned sack spots.

You're hired.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting.

Only this week I was thinking about a new site - something like Real Sussex News which would cover the important happenings in and around Sussex without the 'cat stuck up tree' type shit.

Sussex Newstand Chat

Would make a good section on this site, for sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here