Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pathetic, 1 goal away from home in 6 games (a pen)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We need a brand new forward line next season - cms, cog, best, baldock are all complete dogshit

It's not the frontline that is the problem, the entire setup of the team contributes to our inability to score goals. I fully believe that these same strikers would be doing much better between them in several of the teams in this league. Not to say they are perfect by any means but just throwing money at strikers isnt going to guarantee you goals, the problems begin well behind them.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So great, we open up against Millwall and score 2, then conceed 3.

I'm not happy about the away scoring performance but CH's plan is defend away and try and win the home games, and so far its just about worked.

If the bottom 3 teams were closer in points, maybe CH would have taken more risks but the fact is we don't need to take those risks at the moment.

In the end it doesn't really matter as long as we stay up. With 8 games to go, the odds are in our favour.

CH's real test will be where we finish next season after hopefully splashing some cash in the summer. I don't think a similar season would be tollerated.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Not the best analogy that you've ever come up with. :(

What a charming person you must be.

Sorry but it was the only person I could think off that's had lots of surgery, but maybe in hindsight I could have used Micheal Jackson, may have been better for comedy value but then I'd have upset Jackson Fans, who'd be a comedian these days, I feel for Frankie Boyle

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry but it was the only person I could think off that's had lots of surgery, but maybe in hindsight I could have used Micheal Jackson, may have been better for comedy value but then I'd have upset Jackson Fans, who'd be a comedian these days, I feel for Frankie Boyle

:ffsparr:

el punal

So great, we open up against Millwall and score 2, then conceed 3.

I'm not happy about the away scoring performance but CH's plan is defend away and try and win the home games, and so far its just about worked.

If the bottom 3 teams were closer in points, maybe CH would have taken more risks but the fact is we don't need to take those risks at the moment.

In the end it doesn't really matter as long as we stay up. With 8 games to go, the odds are in our favour.

CH's real test will be where we finish next season after hopefully splashing some cash in the summer. I don't think a similar season would be tollerated.
My sentiments entirely. Get to the end of the season safely then build for next year. Some of our fans though lack any patience, and in some cases are detached from reality.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
My sentiments entirely. Get to the end of the season safely then build for next year. Some of our fans though lack any patience, and in some cases are detached from reality.
What 4 seasons in the championship and going backwards but still getting crowds of 27,000
Not detached from reality but people stating the obvious and their opinion that watching the ALBION in the last 6 away games has been Pathetic dour & turgid and 1 goal from a pen

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Might have been better to avoid the surgery angle completely. "More rebuilding than the West Pier" would be more appropriate - and local.

Oh, and is Simon WestON...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hughton is a very good manager unfortunately he has just inherited a very very very bad squad full of League 1 & 2 level and bad loanee players !!
The only ones I would keep next season would be Crofts, Ince , Dunk and possibly Stephens all the rest can leave, maybe Calderon and Greer as coaches.
Substandard player acquisitions brought in by Burke and Hyypia and sanctioned by Bloom !!
Also selling ALL our decent players.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The first half hour of tonight's game had within it some of the most hilariously shocking attacking moments i have seen from an Albion forward unit. I watched CMS attempt, from a distance, admittedly, to strike one toward an open goal and almost actually hit the halfway line, if only it had enough strength in it. And his partner, a wrongfully-surnamed footballer if ever there was one, when he could be bothered or wasn't strutting around telling teammates what's what, should be largely ashamed for his general attitude. Now, i am not the sort to be dissing our own, but that was horrendous to watch, and i am a little peeved with the Hught for some poor choices in Stephens out wide and COG getting such little game time when our front two wore anti-touch'n'balance boots.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This, although CMS and Best were both utter turd tonight, with CMS the larger, smellier log.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We need a brand new forward line next season - cms, cog, best, baldock are all complete dogshit

Correct. Sit them all down. Those under contract "how much to **** off" those that are not just show them the door. No time for sentimentality.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm a bit fed up with this nonsense away from home too. Have been to five out of the last six away games and only seen one goal, the pen.

And I wouldn't even mind that, there is never a guarantee of goals when you go to watch football but I just don't see enough attacking intent.

Bolton, Reading and Millwall were all there for the taking. We should have bee taking the game to them, but instead we picked teams lacking in width and attacking intent with some sort of plan to hang in there until Kazenga time.

We are failing to score against some of the poorest teams I have seen since we got back into the Championship.

This is comfortably the worst squad we have assembled for several seasons and it will take some very shrewd signings to turn this into a challenging squad next season.

It's not just a case if finding a striker, out midfield still looks lightweight, and our defence is aging and slow.

Big revamp in the summer needed with wholesale changes needed.

I'd start with getting a new captain, and centre half. No leadership on that pitch tonight. And quite a few players just going through the motions.

I thought tonight was pretty perfect, we ensured that we'd stay up this season and also ensured that quite a few of that 18 we named tonight won't be here next season.

The first half hour of tonight's game had within it some of the most hilariously shocking attacking moments i have seen from an Albion forward unit. I watched CMS attempt, from a distance, admittedly, to strike one toward an open goal and almost actually hit the halfway line, if only it had enough strength in it

To be fair he was trying to find a team-mate in better position. But yes missed said team-mates by about 20 yards

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hughton is a very good manager unfortunately he has just inherited a very very very bad squad full of League 1 & 2 level and bad loanee players !!
The only ones I would keep next season would be Crofts, Ince , Dunk and possibly Stephens all the rest can leave, maybe Calderon and Greer as coaches.
Substandard player acquisitions brought in by Burke and Hyypia and sanctioned by Bloom !!
Also selling ALL our decent players.

Kayal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here