Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of UGLY (buildings) - not neccessarily Brighton

They knocked down my granny's old house to build this.

_46633448_dsc_0057.jpg

Then, 40 years later, they demolished it, as unfit for human habitation.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Surely it only ruins the Tof L and TB from the view you've chosen. Stand on London Bridge and it doesn't affect them at all. If you want to complain about something ruining Tower Bridge then look no further than the Tower Hotel. With regard to the skyline, if anything, the Tower Place (Marsh Insurance) is in the worst position as it ruins the view of the London Underwriting Centre and overshadows the Tower of London (still it's better than the Bowring centre it replaced!).

I disagree - I think it ruins the skyline from almost every angle, from Waterloo Bridge it sticks out like a hideous sore thumb and the view from Shad Thames is even worse - completely overshadows both Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. It wouldn't be so bad if it was nearer the other blocks in the City, but it is far too close to the river.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Failed

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Portsmouth's Tricorn shopping centre, now gone, was the ugliest building I have witnessed.

I loved the Tricorn. It was a bit of a munter though, yes.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
One building i do like is Battersea Power Station. It might not be everyone's cup of tea though

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
This has to be the ugliest in Brighton, no?

It's be derelict for as long as I can remember. A certain eyesore.

anston house6.JPG

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
bedford.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here