Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women vs Liverpool Sunday 12:15pm - LIVE on BT Sport

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
After their cup win at the weekend, the women's team are back in Super League action this week. Tomorrow evening they are away to Birmingham City, and then on Sunday they play Liverpool at Broadfield Stadium, Crawley (aka home). Kickoff is at 12:15pm and the match is being televised live on BT Sport 1.

Tickets are available in advance from www.seagullstickets.com until Friday 3pm for :
Adults £7
Seniors 65+/Under-21s £6
Under-18s £5
Under-10s £3

Tickets on the day (max price £10) and Season tickets (max price £45) are also available.

Free travel is again available from Seagulls Travel with pickups at various locations.

Liverpool have not had a good start to their league campaign, losing their first match 5-0 after which their manager Neil Redfearn resigned (he'd only been there for a few months) so a good performance by the Albion should result in a first home league win of the season (fingers crossed!).

Would be great to have a decent crowd to roar the team on - UTA!! :albion2:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I wish the club would be as specific as the op when sending emails. Call it the women's team!!! Tickets remaining for Albion v Liverpool emails are a bit frustrating. Almost clickbait.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I wish the club would be as specific as the op when sending emails. Call it the women's team!!! Tickets remaining for Albion v Liverpool emails are a bit frustrating. Almost clickbait.

As the club seem to be very happy to take on feedback, why not email Paul Barber about it? Maybe theres a reason (i.e. it might be a Super League license requirement to have merged publicising of matches for both the mens and womens teams) that we don't know about?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
After their cup win at the weekend, the women's team are back in Super League action this week. Tomorrow evening they are away to Birmingham City, and then on Sunday they play Liverpool at Broadfield Stadium, Crawley (aka home). Kickoff is at 12:15pm and the match is being televised live on BT Sport 1.

Tickets are available in advance from www.seagullstickets.com until Friday 3pm for :
Adults £7
Seniors 65+/Under-21s £6
Under-18s £5
Under-10s £3

Tickets on the day (max price £10) and Season tickets (max price £45) are also available.

Free travel is again available from Seagulls Travel with pickups at various locations.

Liverpool have not had a good start to their league campaign, losing their first match 5-0 after which their manager Neil Redfearn resigned (he'd only been there for a few months) so a good performance by the Albion should result in a first home league win of the season (fingers crossed!).

Would be a great opportunity for those who said they would go to a women's game - they know who they are - to come along.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Some articles about the Womens team:

Preview of tonights match against Birmingham who haven't let in a goal all season so far : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...-brighton-and-hove-albion-women-on-19-sep-18/

Midfielder Chloe Peplow on facing Birmingham : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/september/peplow-eager-to-face-former-club/

And in a further link up with Brighton University, they will host the Womens Super League Academy : https://www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us...-chooses-brighton-as-new-women's-academy.aspx

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Adults £7
Seniors 65+/Under-21s £6
Under-18s £5
Under-10s £3

That reminds me, I have a wall full of paint to watch dry.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Be interesting to know what kind of viewing numbers they get for this. I doubt it's as high a three figures.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
No need to be a d1ck about this. The OP has clearly marked the title to indicate this is Albion Women, and has taken the time to include interesting snippets of information for those that are interested, of which I am one.

Thanks Zeetha, and keep it coming!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You've clearly clicked on this thread accidentally, despite the clear title. I'm sorry that you have had your time wasted in this manner, and have now blocked you from the thread to save any repeat / further inconvenience.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

You really think that Brighton will be selling tickets for the men's game seven months in advance?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just looking to some bets tonight and see Our Womens team are 9-1 against Birmingham. Are Birmingham in same league

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just looking to some bets tonight and see Our Womens team are 9-1 against Birmingham. Are Birmingham in same league

Yes they are in the same league, but Birmingham are an established Super League club whereas this is Brightons first season in the top flight. In addition, Birmingham have not lost any of their matches this season in league or cup (granted we are only a few matches in), whereas Brighton have let in goals and have lost 2 out of our 4 games so far with the other 2 being 1 win and 1 draw.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It'll have to wait till another time for me.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Last edited:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Thoughts on last nights match from manager Hope Powell and midfielder Kirsty Barton:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...owell-takes-positives-from-birmingham-defeat/

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/september/barton-result-not-what-we-deserved/

Both would like the support of as many people on Sunday against Liverpool as possible:

Powell also had her own personal message for any supporters thinking about attending.

“I think a message to the fans from me would be to come and support the girls. They put a lot of effort in and relish the support. It lifts everybody.

“They want to play and showcase themselves as much as possible and in order to do that we’d really like people to come out and support. So if you can get there please come along and hopefully it will be a good day.”

Barton also encouraged fans to come and support the team at the Broadfield Stadium.

“It would be great. Obviously at every game we’d really like to get as many fans there as possible.

“The extra support will give us a boost and it’s really nice to have them there. It will create a really good atmosphere so we’d love it if the supporters turned out in force to watch the game.”

Advance ticket prices are available until 3pm tomorrow. Hope to see you there and for their to be a great atmosphere - UTA!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Correction - they've updated the time advance tickets are available to 9am tomorrow. After that its £10 on the gate.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Final reminder that advance tickets from www.seagullstickets.com are available today until 9am only - so less than 2 hours to get yours at the bargain prices of :
Adults £7
Seniors 65+/Under-21s £6
Under-18s £5
Under-10s £3

UTA

Presumably at Broadfield Stadium? Is that in a "nice" part of Crawley, is there a "nice" part?

Joking apart will try and get along to some of their games to offer support as youngest Potting plays the game and takes her old dad to the Amex (or is it the other way around)?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here