Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What if the extra 'it's only a million of so' comes straight out of the marquee striker budget?

Which would you prefer:-

Setting a precedent by paying over the odds on only the third deal this window
Or
Laying down a marker now, with 'just' a left back, to strengthen negotiations with the bigger more important deals to come?.
I'd rather the million comes out of the 3rd choice goalkeeper pot, but then again maybe that pot has already dwindled to zero, and anymore out of it means Ankergren.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
What worries me, is that if we don't think he's worth 3.5m, is he good enough for the Premier League? I understand we don't want to pay it if we don't have to, but......

I'm fairly sure the club know what they are doing. We've been spot on with recruitment for some time. We evidently think he's good enough, but, for 3.5m maybe we think we could find better. If this was the end of July I imagine we would pay somewhere close that - but we have a long time to go through other options.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He is 30 years old I beieve, little if no money will be recovered, so 2 million sounds about right to me, anymore and we look elsewhere as the club seem to be doing.

Would be good to get him especially with a team mate on board already.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm fairly sure the club know what they are doing. We've been spot on with recruitment for some time. We evidently think he's good enough, but, for 3.5m maybe we think we could find better. If this was the end of July I imagine we would pay somewhere close that - but we have a long time to go through other options.

Manu...

Not that I think we are wrong in this instance. But we arent perfect and there is always going to be a risk that the player doesnt fit. However Rosenoir can always fill in at the very worst, not to mention other cover we may get in at the back.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
People need to understand that a players fee is affected by what he is worth to the selling club. And that is zero when his contract runs out. He is worth a lot less with one year to run than with 3. He might be worth 3.5 with a nice long contract but he isn't with one year to go. And TB doesn't like being ripped off.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Manu...

Not that I think we are wrong in this instance. But we arent perfect and there is always going to be a risk that the player doesnt fit. However Rosenoir can always fill in at the very worst, not to mention other cover we may get in at the back.

Poor old Liam, how disrespectful!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
With us declaring publicly we have made our final offer and we are now prepared to look elsewhere, this along with agent proclaiming he should be allowed to leave is the end game, I am sure he will sign before the weekend.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
With us declaring publicly we have made our final offer and we are now prepared to look elsewhere, this along with agent proclaiming he should be allowed to leave is the end game, I am sure he will sign before the weekend.

All the bed wetters willing us to just meet the asking price are bloody terrible negotiators and I'm glad TB doesn't employ such tactics.

We'll have two or three players per position we want to fill bubbling away so if it doesn't happen so be it and if it does as a result of a take it or leave it offer then great!

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not for anyone that watched the Villa game.

That was a bad day at the office but also out of character from anything else we saw of him previously. He fitted into the squad well and was passionate about playing for us which no one is for the LB role at the moment apart from Bong. Pre-season is getting closer and we have wasted a lot of time on Suttner.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He played as a left-back for Hull. He is actually a very good left back.

Rosenior seems to have spent more of his career playing left back than right. He played there a lot for Fulham from what I can remember as well.

Not for anyone that watched the Villa game.

That was by far POC's worse performance for us, other games he looked great. My one fear would have been the red card tightrope he would have walked in the PL, he was never one to shirk a 50-50 challenge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here