Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League Stadiums - worst to best 2017/18

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Vicarage Road is like a library in comparison to Selhurst, which is regarded by many as one of the best stadiums for atmosphere in the country. Selhurst also has the Holmesdale stand which is vastly superior to anything Watford have in terms of stands.

Jeez... you say it enough times and you may even start to believe it...What about the Arthur Waite and the other 2 sub standard stands?

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Jeez... you say it enough times and you may even start to believe it...What about the Arthur Waite and the other 2 sub standard stands?

Have you been to Selhurst recently? I doubt it. It's changed significantly for the better over the past few years.

Anyway, willy waving about stadia is all a bit boring. It's on the pitch that matters and I'd take Palace's team over Brighton's any day of the week.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Have you been to Selhurst recently? I doubt it. It's changed significantly for the better over the past few years.

Anyway, willy waving about stadia is all a bit boring. It's on the pitch that matters and I'd take Palace's team over Brighton's any day of the week.

What have they done, knocked it down and rebuilt it? oh yeah, a bit of cladding and put some plastic seats instead of the wooden ones!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I went up to St James earlier last season, and it was the worst ground for atmosphere I have ever been to. I heard NOTHING the entire game, absolutely nothing. I was very surprised indeed.

The biggest case of emperor's new clothes ever. The received (and slightly patronising) wisdom is that it has a fantastic atmosphere. It's AWFUL.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Agreed, and at the moment, sure. However, you have to acknowledge - with the way both clubs are being run in pretty much every department - it's far more likely that Albion will be the stronger side within 5-10 years. Perhaps sooner...

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

Anyway, willy waving about stadia is all a bit boring.

So willy waving about stadia is all a bit boring yet you were willy waving about stadia. You boring ****.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Agreed, and at the moment, sure. However, you have to acknowledge - with the way both clubs are being run in pretty much every department - it's far more likely that Albion will be the stronger side within 5-10 years. Perhaps sooner...

Wishful thinking.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

The stadium itself is essential to the match experience; you feel like you are somewhere significant when at Anfield or Old Trafford, in contrast to feeling disappointed by the chaotic jumble of structures and dilapidation at Selhurst Park. A couple of hundred black dressed fools with a drum isn't going to make it special playing there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here