Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale to Chelsea?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She speaks regularly online with him. She has been a fan for a long time. He recorded a video for her with a message for my birthday last year.

You forget that many of us also follow him on Twitter, who read all his tweets. We discovered we had a mutual friend, because of his love of fishing.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
When Stockdale came here he said that he wanted to play every game - cup matches as well. He didn't want to be left out at all. I cannot see him going to warm Chelsea's bench and would we let him go anyway - well not with Maenpaa being injured now

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Brendan Rogers was just on Talkshite talking to Brazil and they asked him about Chelsea's interest in Craig Gordon, Rogers more or less said they can't hold on to him or hold him back and it sounded like they will sell him this window. That would be perfect for us, not that I can see Stockdale being allowed to leave this window anyway.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bloom won't allow him to go this window so good luck in the summer stockers. I think he's been excellent in the last couple of months but there's 3 or 4 better keepers in the championship alone. Not worried.

I wish this was the way of football today but sadly it isn't. We haven't tied Stockdale in to a new contract so our negotiating clout is zero and the value far less than if we had given him a blinding 3 year deal.

Bloom really has no say in it. If the player wants to go this window then he has no choice but to let him and recoup something fee wise rather than letting him go in the summer for SFA (or running the risk that the player will do a Payet and just down tools).

And of course, if the player's missus is nagging him to move then the player is going to do what his told!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wish this was the way of football today but sadly it isn't. We haven't tied Stockdale in to a new contract so our negotiating clout is zero and the value far less than if we had given him a blinding 3 year deal.

Bloom really has no say in it. If the player wants to go this window then he has no choice but to let him and recoup something fee wise rather than letting him go in the summer for SFA (or running the risk that the player will do a Payet and just down tools).

And of course, if the player's missus is nagging him to move then the player is going to do what his told!
Don't agree. Bloom hasn't allowed Stephens to leave why would he let Stockdale.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is the wrong answer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Tony Bloom said, in Bristol, that he wouldn't sell any player, in January, that he didn't want to.
He didn't sell Dale Stephens, despite a transfer request, so why would he sell Stockdale?

There hasn't been a bid, just interest. It's all speculation by the media, and I'm sure Katie Stockdale was enjoying the joke.

Seagulls perm

Banned
Apr 20, 2017
Wait 'til we're flying in November and December. We'll be looking at signing big names from big clubs

In the interim, I'm sure Defoe is coming for August.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Rumour back in the papers today. Admittedly the daily star so how true it is god knows!

The daily star reported last week that by this Tuesday, we'd be in for a month of 28 degree C temperatures that would outshine the south of Spain. That turned out well...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The daily star reported last week that by this Tuesday, we'd be in for a month of 28 degree C temperatures that would outshine the south of Spain. That turned out well...

I can see why he'd want the money but to go back to being a bench warmer when he could be first choice at a Premier League club would be a bit odd, no?

If Chelsea are looking to sign him as first choice keeper then it's a no brainer but can anyone see that happening?

I'm with you, I think it's bollocks ( I said that when the Virgo to Celtic rumour surfaced though)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There are rumours about suggesting the fa/pl are looking at setting quotas for British players. I wonder if clubs are starting to plan with possibility of losing European players in the future.

Yes he would be a benchwarmer but he would get games in Europe and the cups

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
if Stockdale goes it will be because CH and TB are prepared to let him go. I've no evidence but I don't think CH rates Stockdale as a PL quality keeper, and CH always builds his teams from the back. If Stockdale goes, it'll be exciting to see who we get in his place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here