Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mk dons fans

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We did indeed, despite having much bigger things to worry about and a thin squad. Although that was 4th/5th round?

It was the 4th round having dispatched of Pompey in the 3rd, at Withdean.

I'm normally in the north stand, but enjoyed sitting in the West near the halfway line today. I like the opportunity to sit somewhere else occasionally.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I'm was gobsmacked when they announced 700 away fans, looked like half that to me. Maybe half of their ticket holders got lost trying to get out of Milton Keynes.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Our support was probably f******g shite today as the North stand wasn't open due to club saving cash
End of
Like I said in the Mk dons tickets thread that's why I didn't go to today's game, I go to football not just to watch the football but to experience an atmos created by a home end Kop, which the club decided not to open for this fixture

Yep.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A poor comparison. They are a division below us and could be a relegation dogfight. It's a short journey and their biggest game of the season bar the AFC ones. How many did we take to Watford in 2011. I bet we sold out

Biggest game of the season????

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Bit harsh. No different to what I've seem our travelling support sing or that of other teams.

I think 700 is darn good effort, especially considering how tricky our club made it with transport options and with further consideration to the fact busses were replacing trains on the London services.

Our league attendance last term was amazing, but it's comparing chalk and cheese. Had this fixture been at stadium MK, I'm not so sure we would have taken as many as MK bought down here.

I'm not an apologist for the MK franchise, but their fans made a good effort and many of them probably are barely away of the events a generation ago that led to their club.
Please... we would have taken 2k easy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
So they brought 700 for their cup final. About 50 of them sang. Sporadically.

So they pipe up with "your support is ****ing shit". Erm, didn't we take 7,000 to the reverse fixture last season?

Then, with the game effectively over, a few home fans make for the exit (along with a good few MK) and they give it "loyal supporters". Erm, who exactly did you support before the franchise? Many of our fans that were there today we're travelling 75 miles to home games 14 years ago, before your tinpot, despisable outfit was even created.

Wankers

Our 7000 turnout for an away match must be linked to our average home attendance,well done for the Dons supporters travelling for a match they had little chance of winning

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Tall guy? With a beard? Maroon jacket? Pushed his way to the front of the train queue. Tried to wind up some Brighton fans. Then started kicking off at Brighton Station.

Think it's a big day out for him. Last seen heading for town with his sad MK Dons mates, just to warn you.

2600e7b2bb34a95ab6481bdf1faa9c19.jpg

Was it him? :p

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Amongst first comments we made coming out of the 1901 lounges was 'blimey, they've brought more than expected...'

Decent attendance even if was 1/10th of ours at Fulham ;)

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
A load of them were on my rail replacement bus. All 40-somethings acting like proper twats, really forced mockney accents and mannerisms. Annoying af.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I was in town with the Dorris this afternoon and drove past spoons on west street and saw what could best be described as an attempt at a 'firm' from MK Dons. About ten young chaps clad in the standard chap apparel. Nearly crashed the motor such was my surprise.

Bottom line is MK Dons should not have a fanbase. Anyone who gets up in the morning and supports ****ing MK Dons deserves severe health issues.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The club did drop a clanger today. some people want to sit in the north as it's where the noise is or simply because it's behind a goal. The club IMO should have not bothered opening the south for MK. Pop them in E1G and E1H which we already have perfect segreagation for and open the North fully.

In addition, I really think they should have run the Mill Road P+R. No one would have minded paying. There was circa 50% more at today's game than a typical game with Withdean and the P+R was running for all of those.

The atmosphere was pants. Some tried and tried but it was never going to happen. It was like shouting at someone whilst scuba diving.

Not opening the north also meant the maximum walking distance to trains - the only viable method of transport for most.

Yes I think you are right. Certainly the point about opening at least the Mill Road Park & Ride is a very valid one. As BG was saying on another thread, it could have been left for Brighton & Hove Buses to organise, run, and make money out of. Our fans would have appreciated it too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was in town with the Dorris this afternoon and drove past spoons on west street and saw what could best be described as an attempt at a 'firm' from MK Dons. About ten young chaps clad in the standard chap apparel. Nearly crashed the motor such was my surprise.

Bottom line is MK Dons should not have a fanbase. Anyone who gets up in the morning and supports ****ing MK Dons deserves severe health issues.

Hey come on, many of their younger generation of fans weren't around, or of 'football supporting age', when the Dongs were formed.

At least it can be said that they are supporting a team who play in the same town that they live in, rather than following the Premier League gravy train, and watching one of the big London sides.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I was working this morning, and- to my general astonishment- saw a guy in an MK Dons shirt walking around Polegate. Didn't expect that.

I know I should be over the whole MK thing by now, but to be honest, they still grate with me. And for them to start singing- to ANY club- that their support is "****ing shit" is an absolute liberty. These are people who could have supported any number of clubs in their region, who could have supported their local non-league side, but who chose to latch on to an artificially created sham of a club. Their stadium is (one third) filled by people on free schools tickets waving foam hands and clapping along like they're watching an episode of Gladiators, c.1990.

That said, I do hope those hatstands from MK Dons Fans TV turned up today. I can't wait to see what those spotty idiots thought :lol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hey come on, many of their younger generation of fans weren't around, or of 'football supporting age', when the Dongs were formed.

At least it can be said that they are supporting a team who play in the same town that they live in, rather than following the Premier League gravy train, and watching one of the big London sides.
Yep agree. The club is a travesty, but there's nothing wrong with young fans growing up supporting their local club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here