The Fatherland
Pork pie and piccalilli mmmmmmm

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Make it now - try a jar at Xmas. It will taste ok (maybe a bit harsh) but you won't get the full hit as it hasn't had time to marinate. It's best left for at least three months. If you don't like it at Xmas reseal the jar, and leave it in the fridge for a couple of months.

Apparently this one can be eaten the next week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/quickalilli_96708

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I wonder if any other football fans forum has a thread about home made piccalilli? :whistle:

Everton might discuss Werthers Originals

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Watched Rick Stein on Saturday kitchen this morning and decided I would make some but looking at the various recipes it seems most need 3 months pickling. Is there any way that this can be quickened up to be ready for Christmas if I do it this weekend. I have the jars and can get the ingredients tomorrow. Before anybody suggests it I dont want to buy it ready made from the supermarket I want to make it,.
Hi BG, you need to make sure you sterilise the jars properly, do it in oven with the lids also.
As it's bacteria guaranteed :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Make it now - try a jar at Xmas. It will taste ok (maybe a bit harsh) but you won't get the full hit as it hasn't had time to marinate. It's best left for at least three months. If you don't like it at Xmas reseal the jar, and leave it in the fridge for a couple of months.

Apparently this one can be eaten the next week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/quickalilli_96708

That looks to be quite a good recipe so will try that one thank you. When starting this thread I had great faith that somebody on NSC would know the answer and I have been proved correct.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here