edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Something special I picked up in Wigan Sainsbury's earlier!!

9098c261e98c0e2c8bc068b427b8f8e0.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Cos d'Estournel, 2000. Presumably the year.

Unbelievably it seems to have bits in it. You don't get that with Tesco £4.99 specials.

Lucky you. The bits are because it's unfiltered: filtering is supposed to reduce the quality of the wine. (Too late) tip: leave the wine standing for a few hours before opening, so all the bits fall to the bottom.
2000 is one of the best years in Bordeaux of the last few decades. Cos is a second-growth, from the most northerly Bordeaux district of St Estephe. It's also one of the best-rated second growths.
So, what you're drinking probably costs more than the combined amount of what everyone else is up to on this thread.
You = fancy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lucky you. The bits are because it's unfiltered: filtering is supposed to reduce the quality of the wine. (Too late) tip: leave the wine standing for a few hours before opening, so all the bits fall to the bottom.
2000 is one of the best years in Bordeaux of the last few decades. Cos is a second-growth, from the most northerly Bordeaux district of St Estephe. It's also one of the best-rated second growths.
So, what you're drinking probably costs more than the combined amount of what everyone else is up to on this thread.
You = fancy.

I'll be honest, I'm not drinking it. I just wanted to wind up [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION], but he can't be arsed to be online.

I'm actually drinking some plonk from co-op (no bits).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Last weekend's guest [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] brought a gift that he described as "something a bit special from my cellar".

If hove born&bred ever turns up at your house and claims to have brought "something a bit special from my cellar", I suggest you dead-lock the door and call the police.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Last weekend's guest [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] brought a gift that he described as "something a bit special from my cellar". He spouted off about laying it down, drinking it some time in the next 15 years and to let it breathe and decant it.

It sounds like a perfect Christmas dinner wine.

However in the absence of anything else in the house, and as I can't be bothered to pop down to Tesco, I'm going to guzzle it tonight.

:facepalm:

Ungrateful b'stard.

Just starting a La Tache '78, following other stuff. [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] will be unconcerned. Who cares what [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] thinks?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Did you buy that from Lidl per chance?

I ask having made my first ever visit this week (my son had a Beavers outing to Shoreham lifeboat station and I had a bit of time to kill) and I'm sure I spied it amongst their beers at what looked like a decent price.

It's what I tend to drink in The Cyclist, I think.

Am also learning about finding little gems in Lidl Shoreham on my way home from work. Have not yet attempted to buy anything quality (apart from the apple turnovers!) but you really can get an everyday guzzler for well under a fiver. Looking forward to testing a couple of the higher end offerings. Tonight is just glass or two of standard Aussie stuff........

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Back on my default session number
image.jpg

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Bozza what were the 10 northern beers you got through like from beer52, any good?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Back on Old Rosie tonight. I'd like to say it's in honour of tomorrows opponents, but I'd be lying, I drink it all the time.

Good evening gentlemen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last weekend's guest [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] brought a gift that he described as "something a bit special from my cellar". He spouted off about laying it down, drinking it some time in the next 15 years and to let it breathe and decant it.

It sounds like a perfect Christmas dinner wine.

However in the absence of anything else in the house, and as I can't be bothered to pop down to Tesco, I'm going to guzzle it tonight.

I did the same once and was called a ****ing animal. True, but who goves a shit? :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Finishing up with a 15 yo Dalmore

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
3 pints of Stella followed by a pint of Cobra and a curry at the Newick Tandoori.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Several pints of Boxcar lager at the Roundhouse where heavy drinking was obligatory at the Amon Amarth gig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here