Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we really have to take this Orwellian s**t from our club ? remember we are the customer

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What is to stop a zealous idiot filling a flask with petrol or acid, or worse, and lobbing it into the crowd. The ban on flasks is appropriate to the risk. ie low risk but potentially high impact.

So what was to stop them doing that at the start of this season. Or last season. Or the season before that?

Why is it only this week that bottle tops are now classified with knives as too dangerous to allow at the Amex?

It is illogical. It makes no sense. It has stuff all to do with security or those restrictions would have put in place from the day the Amex opened. It is purely financial; make it difficult for the buggers to take their own drinks into the ground then they will have to buy ours at inflated prices having stood in lengthy queues to be served (eventually) by a moron!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So what was to stop them doing that at the start of this season. Or last season. Or the season before that?

Why is it only this week that bottle tops are now classified with knives as too dangerous to allow at the Amex?

It is illogical. It makes no sense. It has stuff all to do with security or those restrictions would have put in place from the day the Amex opened. It is purely financial; make it difficult for the buggers to take their own drinks into the ground then they will have to buy ours at inflated prices having stood in lengthy queues to be served (eventually) by a moron!

That is such a nonsense reasoning and whataboutery. Why does anything happen ever?

My take on it is, say the FA or a Stadium Advisory board or whatever, suggest there is a threat of flasks being used in terrorist attacks and the Club ignore this and allow them. Then something happens involving a flask and the club are hugely liable and no doubt get slaughtered by the press, governing bodies etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is such a nonsense reasoning and whataboutery. Why does anything happen ever?

My take on it is, say the FA or a Stadium Advisory board or whatever, suggest there is a threat of flasks being used in terrorist attacks and the Club ignore this and allow them. Then something happens involving a flask and the club are hugely liable and no doubt get slaughtered by the press, governing bodies etc.

This. Eh? EH? :thumbsup:

Why does the sun set every evening and rise in the morning?

What if 49.9% of the population had voted leave?

What if my pants were on fire?

This is another way of saying I do not give a toss. If the club want me to switch from polos to After Eight mints, for reasons undesclosed, that's fine. If they want my left kidney, however, then I'm out. Probably.

I add that this is only my opinion. It is not the law. If anyone would prefer to stop going to games, that's their business. Seething is also perfectly legal. :shrug:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

This is another way of saying I do not give a toss. If the club want me to switch from polos to After Eight mints, for reasons undesclosed, that's fine. If they want my left kidney, however, then I'm out. Probably.

I add that this is only my opinion. It is not the law. If anyone would prefer to stop going to games, that's their business. Seething is also perfectly legal. :shrug:

:lolol:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I have just had my dinner and then see this . . .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have just had my dinner and then see this . . .

I hope you didn't do a comedy splurt. Last time I did that, not only did we need to replace a large amount of wallpaper, I had to discretely dispose of one of my favourite pairs of underpants.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The mind boggles -what endearing factor is it about a certain set of underpants? . .

Fortitude.

Edit, although, unfortunately not in this case.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
If the club’s decision on water bottles wasn’t made for financial reasons maybe they could demonstrate that by e.g. installing water fountains or selling bottles on the concourse for 50p - after all, you can buy them at cash and carry for 12p.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If the club’s decision on water bottles wasn’t made for financial reasons maybe they could demonstrate that by e.g. installing water fountains or selling bottles on the concourse for 50p - after all, you can buy them at cash and carry for 12p.

They already provide free tap water at the kiosks, I believe. All part of booze licensing laws.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They already provide free tap water at the kiosks, I believe. All part of booze licensing laws.

So promoting the use of single use plastics, but don't allow people to bring in their own drinking vessels

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
yes but I don't want h20 drinkers in my BEER queue!

Actually, I’m with you here. And this is another reason why I’m certain that this decision isn’t commercially driven: the number of people wanting to buy a drink at half time isn’t the limiting factor on sales; it’s the limited timescale and capacity of the kiosks being able to serve thousands of punters before the game and at half time.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I've seldom agreed so wholeheartedly with a post on here. This is really not the way to be broaching this matter with people who have been paying customers for a long time. The fact that the OP has so many approvals is a sign truly that people do feel reasonably strongly about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here