Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Alexander Sorloth leaves crystal palace for KAA Gent loan deal

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8731315 said:
As amusing as it is laughing at Palace his record isn't that different to Locadia's plus he's younger and cost less.

Yes, I know Big Jurg has been doing the business the last few weeks, but still. Perhaps next season Sorloth will come good for those up the road.

What is no different is the (until a few weeks back) fan view...

"Alexander Sørloth looks out of his depth."
Palace fan half season verdict in Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-fans-verdict-part-one-arsenal-huddersfield

Albion fan in same piece.
"it wouldn’t be a surprise if Jürgen Locadia left in January."

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It was mentioned in the "local" press that Palace had been totally mugged off when they signed him. Not very good and worth about 1/10th of what they paid.

Goon squad wouldn't have it.

Plus ca change.

What did they say about Benteke. Talent spotters mugged again and big wages to boot

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] - Sorloth has a funny 'o' in his name! Have we got one of those? We should pick him up!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What is no different is the (until a few weeks back) fan view...

"Alexander Sørloth looks out of his depth."
Palace fan half season verdict in Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-fans-verdict-part-one-arsenal-huddersfield

Albion fan in same piece.
"it wouldn’t be a surprise if Jürgen Locadia left in January."

I was thinking that, but then realised I have no idea how much Sorloth played for Palace. I know until recently my view on Locadia was that he hadn't really been given a chance for us (despite scoring in his first two appearances), that he needed a run of games to develop understandings, get some form, get used to the pace/physicality/nuances the premier league football, and that if he moved on and got that elsewhere he may well show us something.

Has Sorloth had that opportunity to get used to premier league football and still failed to show anything? Or is he the sort of player that given a proper chance could have actually done something?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I was thinking that, but then realised I have no idea how much Sorloth played for Palace. I know until recently my view on Locadia was that he hadn't really been given a chance for us (despite scoring in his first two appearances), that he needed a run of games to develop understandings, get some form, get used to the pace/physicality/nuances the premier league football, and that if he moved on and got that elsewhere he may well show us something.

Has Sorloth had that opportunity to get used to premier league football and still failed to show anything? Or is he the sort of player that given a proper chance could have actually done something?

I imagine that failing to show anything against Grimsby made their minds up.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I don't want to interrupt the Palace baiting, but FC Midtjylland are Danish, not Norwegian, owned by TB's old nemesis Matthew Benham. Sloppy BBC journalism.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Although on brief viewing of their forum it seems that they think all the players were terrible in that game. Plus Wickham was actually worse then Sorloth when he came on. Happy days!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If that were the case why are the other 10 players still at the club? :lol:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Blimey! I've just spent 20 mins browsing Palace's transfer thread.
If I was a Palace fan I'd be seriously depressed.
As a club (rather than the starting XI) they are on the edge.

They are driving downhill fast with dodgy breaks but only have very limited funds to replace them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
KAA Gent, you say?

Probably the first time since before Wilfred Zaha came back with his tail between his legs that a Palace forward has gone on to a bigger club.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sørloth came on against us, didn't he?

In the few times I've seen him play, I recall thinking he was one of the worst footballers I've ever seen in the Premier League. I imagine the notion of signing him would insult a fair few Championship sides too. He is utterly DISMAL.

I had assumed Palace picked him up on a free, or for some sort of bargain price from the Danish League, but learned last week that they shelled out £9 million for him. This is amazing and also hilarious.

Total and utter carthorse in the Billy Paynter mould. What possessed their scouts to recommend him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here