Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club statement.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Doesn't effect me but pretty pointless press release if you ask me.

People that do this won't give a monkeys about it.

Just a form of control

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
People may not want to accept it but Brexit has contributed to an environment of increased racial discrimination and intolerance in this country.

"The aim is to create, here in Britain, a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants." - Theresa May, 2010. "Stupid woman" is being kind.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
All very laudable.

No mention of referees though. Perhaps players should be setting an example by treating referees with respect in a non threatening manner. The football industry needs to get its own house in order too.

That's, unfortunately, a long way from being implemented. Until someone gets sent off for shouting in a referees face noting will happen. Players line up before games with the word respect and within 5 minutes are lying for a throw-in/corner/diving etc. Your post is yeas ahead of the game. Most of us thought that VAR would help remove this

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All very laudable.

No mention of referees though. Perhaps players should be setting an example by treating referees with respect in a non threatening manner. The football industry needs to get its own house in order too.

Aye,,,,with the recent verbal abuse of players..its a pity that the debate wasn't widened to cover the abuse that players give the ref....its an 'emotional game' and its inevitable that tempers will flare...but perhaps they need to drag the line that gets crossed back a tad...a few seasons ago If I remember correctly they were going to clamp down on it...about a third of the way through that disappeared never to be seen again

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is a great interview with John Barnes about the media and generalisations. He is right. It isn't about football but society.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is a great interview with John Barnes about the media and generalisations. He is right. It isn't about football but society.

True. But this doesn’t mean we can’t do our bit in helping broader society. Whilst I don’t always agree with Barber, and like to poke fun at him, I totally agree with him on this issue.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Aye,,,,with the recent verbal abuse of players..its a pity that the debate wasn't widened to cover the abuse that players give the ref....its an 'emotional game' and its inevitable that tempers will flare...but perhaps they need to drag the line that gets crossed back a tad...a few seasons ago If I remember correctly they were going to clamp down on it...about a third of the way through that disappeared never to be seen again

What's wrong with implementing a rugby style - only the captain can talk to the referee unless a player is summoned by the ref for a "word"?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What's wrong with implementing a rugby style - only the captain can talk to the referee unless a player is summoned by the ref for a "word"?

I see your point ..and in certain circumstances I think that should happen..although critical of Attwells performance in last Sunday’s match he did call over Dunk into some of his little ‘chats’

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Everton are investigating its fans regarding a song about Yerry Mina regarding racial stereotypes.

The song suggests he has a part of his anatomy that is like the hose on a vacuum cleaner....

I think this is overkill personally and is amusing, but I might be wrong.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Football will evolve into this sort of thing where the only people who watch it are champers sipping toffs baying for blood in a very polite manner . Bloody yellow kit still though ffs .

AWnp.gif

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"The aim is to create, here in Britain, a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants." - Theresa May, 2010. "Stupid woman" is being kind.

I think many people seem to have ignored the word illegal in that statement, and have seen it as approval to be openly racist and hostile to any immigrant, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or of any generation. And I suppose, once that 'box' is open, it's just a short hop to intolerance of any differences.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think many people seem to have ignored the word illegal in that statement, and have seen it as approval to be openly racist and hostile to any immigrant, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or of any generation. And I suppose, once that 'box' is open, it's just a short hop to intolerance of any differences.

She started on the Windrush immigrants who were legal and tried to make them illegal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here