Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I bloody love him already. He can hold the ball up as well as Glenn (he’s very strong, difficult to push off the ball), has real pace (not like Glenn) and a fair bit of an attitude. Was watching him warming up pre-match and even then seemed to have a bit of intent about everything.

Got to be close to first choice starting CF.

I noticed his strength when he was brushing off a Chelsea player attempting to foul him on the halfway to prevent a breakaway. Shame that it wasn’t him latching onto Bissouma’s pass, I reckon he’d have had the strength to stay on his feet and run onto the ball (until reaching the box at which point I’m sure he’d have let gravity take its toll).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would love Chris to start both Andone and Murray together - pace, power and an arial threat to ask questions of the Bournemouth defence.

I would have loved CH to have done this in the 2nd half. Its a gamew e are not expected to win and 2 nil down so why the hell not.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was happy with the starting line up. But less happy with the tactics. We tried to outpass Chelsea at their own game, which was futile. Murray had, to my memory, zero crosses and few opportunities to win headers. If we were going to play that way, then Andone (and Bissouma) would have been the better personnel to start with, as the last 30 minutes proved.

I agree - everyone is blaming the starting 11, but a lot of pundits were saying Murray would cause Chelsea problems if given proper service - I'm guessing they've been vulnerable in the air of late. Starting Murray was entirely logical; however, the way we set up first half wasn't.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I agree - everyone is blaming the starting 11, but a lot of pundits were saying Murray would cause Chelsea problems if given proper service - I'm guessing they've been vulnerable in the air of late. Starting Murray was entirely logical; however, the way we set up first half wasn't.

The trouble is, for Murray to be dangerous we need to be getting balls into the box. For us to get balls into the box our wide players need to be getting high up the pitch. For our wide players to get high up the pitch they need to not be focused heavily on defensive duties and doubling up to support our fullbacks. Against the toughest teams, a lot of the time that is what they are required to do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was amazed how when the Albion went for Chelsea, Antonio Rudiger transformed into a current day Tony Rougier.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
The trouble is, for Murray to be dangerous we need to be getting balls into the box. For us to get balls into the box our wide players need to be getting high up the pitch. For our wide players to get high up the pitch they need to not be focused heavily on defensive duties and doubling up to support our fullbacks. Against the toughest teams, a lot of the time that is what they are required to do.

In the warm-up both Montoya and Bernardo spent about five minutes taking it in turns whipping crosses into the box for Murray and to a lesser extent March and Knockaert to get on the end of. I said to my son, let's count how many times they actually do this during the match. The answer: none.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

It was pretty obvious after a few minutes that with our glacial forward line of Murray and Gross, the only way we were ever likely to score was going to be via a set piece. Hughton picked the wrong team, and compounded it by not making the double-change we desperately needed at half time. Bissouma and Andone should have got the remaining 45. I'm not saying we'd have rescued a point, but we'd have given ourselves a far better chance. "Giving it a go" with half an hour left was always the strategy though right from the off. It rarely works.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was pretty obvious after a few minutes that with our glacial forward line of Murray and Gross, the only way we were ever likely to score was going to be via a set piece. Hughton picked the wrong team, and compounded it by not making the double-change we desperately needed at half time. Bissouma and Andone should have got the remaining 45. I'm not saying we'd have rescued a point, but we'd have given ourselves a far better chance. "Giving it a go" with half an hour left was always the strategy though right from the off. It rarely works.

Spot on.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Excellent again tonight in his little cameo. He changed the dynamic of the game as soon as he came on after they equalised. At that point they looked certain to win but immediately he gave them something to think about and took the pressure off us.

He really should have been on earlier or in all honesty, he should be starting every game now.

Plus the massive bonus that he is guaranteed to wind up the opposition players and fans every time he plays. He has a lot of ‘shit-housery’ about him as they say!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well said.

I'll be accused of aftertiming but I'm pretty sure my posting history will confirm that I always thought this lad was going to be the MUSTARD.

Of all the strikers we were linked with, he was the one I wanted us to get. Mainly because, from what I'd seen, he reminded me of a younger, smaller Murray but MUCH quicker.

He's a ****ing nuisance. He'll cause no end of trouble to defenders all game long. He can defend. He knows where the goal is and is a natural striker.

What a signing.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree with what has been said. Never going to be a prolific striker but he will cause a lot of problems and be a fans favorite. Dunk said he is a big personality in the dressing room a while back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here