Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointed not to take all 3 points after dominating the game.

Was I listening to the same game? sounded like we were totally over run in the second half :shrug:

Maybe I’ve been gallows humour whooshed?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well I suppose tonight was a "must not lose" rather than a "must win" match but that's about as far as the positives go. I fully anticipated a long, hard slog of a season but what saddens me is that if we end up getting relegated we won't be at all missed. We had such a reservoir of goodwill from the wider world because of our back story but having spent two decades fighting our way to the top we have taken fright upon reaching our destination. We've basically frozen. Nobody is going to look at the stuff we play and think it's a shame we'll not be around next season.

#InstantStoke

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Both, we were playing well at the beginning of the season, but now it seems everything about the team is negative, even the celebrations don't feel the same. We don't seem to be a "team" anymore.

The #together was never going to happen in the Prem .

Enjoy [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
It's the manner in which we lose that is so soul destroying. We seem to have a complete total inability at the money to put a string of passes together, take a decent free kick corner or even cross the ball. Leo is the striker we need but he's not going to get any service from the wings sadly.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A point is ok but to be frank these points are getting us nowhere and we must focus on looking to win instead of that boring scenario of not losing.
Let's be frank we are likely to finish bottom at this rate...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
CH tactics will see us relegated

This....Bournemouth smash the team that smashed us. And we cling onto a point against a team that hasn't won in 11games. Saints are a woeful side. But then so are Huddersfield, Newcastle. We can stay up but not with these negative tactics. Bloom won't sack Hughton. Hughton won't change tactics and will always revert to type. Yes we are going down....Someone asked where does Ulloa & Locadia fit into team??...My guess is one if not both of them on the bench.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Bet CH is made up tonight with a point. I'd be livid we didn't get all 3.....

Defending for 70 mins of a game is poor tactically. There was no need for it. Saints were poor and should have been put to bed by HT imo

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I thought you all thought a drawer would be a reasonable result tonight.......but I guess we went ahead so now we really should have smashed them. 1 point away in the Prem for christ sake what will ever please you.

A decent performance would please me. the loss to Chelsea comes to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here