Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lets hope these results don't keep papering over the cracks.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
So why don't you grow some bollocks and post your opinions under your main account?

I would, but I got a permanent ban for making a joke post about Barnes. However, I use other forums and post on my "main" account there where I post the same stuff. Only difference is most of the other Brighton fans on there don't have their tinted specs on, so a lot of people actually hold a decent debate unlike here where its "You disagree with me? TROLL.". Really stimulating stuff. :rolleyes:

You started it two weeks ago and predictably you're going to bounce it every time there's a bad performance trying to claim you were right.

Even more predictably ernest is going to jump on every negative thread and stir it up, same old same old :yawn:

Which is different to this/other thread getting bounced every time we win because...

:shrug:

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
not at all.. read the thread. The whole point I was making was about the 1-0 wins and our total lack of ambition to go forward and play attractive football. Nothing has changed throughout the season, its an ongoing issue. If you want to pretend that everything is fine at the moment, finishing 9th is acceptable and you are happy watching the continual dour football then carry on.

I have a different opinion from you, therfore I am a palace fan, a troll or even a QPR fan (as I was named earlier in the thread)

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
not at all.. read the thread. The whole point I was making was about the 1-0 wins and our total lack of ambition to go forward and play attractive football. Nothing has changed throughout the season, its an ongoing issue. If you want to pretend that everything is fine at the moment, finishing 9th is acceptable and you are happy watching the continual dour football then carry on.

I have a different opinion from you, therfore I am a palace fan, a troll or even a QPR fan (as I was named earlier in the thread)

Its actually an unkown fact that Brighton fans can't be negative about there team. Its physically impossible.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I would, but I got a permanent ban for making a joke post about Barnes. However, I use other forums and post on my "main" account there where I post the same stuff. Only difference is most of the other Brighton fans on there don't have their tinted specs on, so a lot of people actually hold a decent debate unlike here where its "You disagree with me? TROLL.". Really stimulating stuff. :rolleyes:

Which is different to this/other thread getting bounced every time we win because...

:shrug:

I'm all for having a decent debate, but it's got to be constructive criticism and also give a balanced opinion otherwise it just goes down as trolling.

I partially agree with some of the post above, at times we do attack too slowly and there have been a few games at the Amex that were dreadful. On the other hand we've looked good at times and there's been enough good stuff to keep me (and most others) believing.

This game is like a microcosm of the season, the first half was embarassingly shit, the second half we've looked quite good.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I'm all for having a decent debate, but it's got to be constructive criticism and also give a balanced opinion otherwise it just goes down as trolling.

I partially agree with some of the post above, at times we do attack too slowly and there have been a few games at the Amex that were dreadful. On the other hand we've looked good at times and there's been enough good stuff to keep me (and most others) believing.

This game is like a microcosm of the season, the first half was embarassingly shit, the second half we've looked quite good.

The problem is for every person like you who can see the negative side of the game, there's somebody who can't see any reason to be frustrated or annoyed by how we're playing.

I feel for Garcia, he's been brought in for one reason - he's cheap. The club are trying to reduce the wage budget, relying on loanees and free transfers. Poyet would have kicked up a fuss if he'd been given such a tiny budget. Most other managers would have wanted to bring in their own players and would have been publicly angry if they hadn't been given the chance to do so. Garcia isn't the kind of person to come out and complain, or cause the board any problems with demands for a higher budget or more say in transfers.

However, that is no excuse for the tactics we've seen for a lot of this season. I can understand Garcia wanting to play a certain way, but surely he can see that the lack of pace isn't working. Today has been another dire performance until we brought on some pace and all of a sudden we look much better. His refusal to learn from his mistakes is one of the main reasons people fell out with Poyet. However we're supposed to just suck it with Garcia. I just don't get why.

I'm not going to jump on the Garcia out bandwagon but something does need to change and soonish. This season has been a backwards step and its frustrating to see Poyets good work taken apart slowly.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
I would like some texplain to me the merits of bringing on a 2nd striker in the 89th minute of a cup tie when your losing 2-1???? - Agreed Obika is not on everyone's favourite list at the moment, but what the hell was that about?.. Things like this are just typical of what is happening over and over again. Another game where we can't score more than 1.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm very proud to say I am a 'Oscar licker'

If that's what we're called then snap, I'm happy the direction the club are going in and if other people aren't then fine don't bother going to watch them.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
If that's what we're called then snap, I'm happy the direction the club are going in and if other people aren't then fine don't bother going to watch them.

Yeah, lets tell fans who aren't 100% happy with how we're playing should f*ck off. Falmer would look great if it was half-empty. Genius.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I would like some texplain to me the merits of bringing on a 2nd striker in the 89th minute of a cup tie when your losing 2-1???? - Agreed Obika is not on everyone's favourite list at the moment, but what the hell was that about?.. Things like this are just typical of what is happening over and over again. Another game where we can't score more than 1.

Well the way I saw it after we got a goal back we were well in the game and even getting on top and looking the more likely to score again, so swapping a midfielder for anther striker too early was only going to risk handing the balance of play back to Hull.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yeah, lets tell fans who aren't 100% happy with how we're playing should f*ck off. Falmer would look great if it was half-empty. Genius.

And of course you know half the fans are not happy because you've gone round and asked them all hav'nt you?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
And of course you know half the fans are not happy because you've gone round and asked them all hav'nt you?

But the opinion on here is not necessarily what everyone thinks.
There is a world away from NSC. You should try it

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea

Jesus Christ. Of course I don't know how many people do or don't like Garcia and his style of play. Hence why I went for half-empty, a phrase which in footballing terms is used for a ground to be somewhere between looking full and being empty. Carry on though, you've added nothing to this thread but trying to act like a smarmy prick so why stop now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here