Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever been sacked?

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
loads of times. i even managed to get sacked from the same company twice. Beat that. :clap2:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Once.

Unfair dismisal and they had to pay me all my lost earnings from them by the time it went to tribunal plus a years salary as compensation.

They tried to say I wasn't sacked because I was pregnant, but I knew damn well I had been and when it was looked into my then line manager and his boss had written emails about "getting rid of the pregnant one" etc. Assholes.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
colinpants said:
loads of times. i even managed to get sacked from the same company twice. Beat that. :clap2:

Actually I've been sacked by the same company twice, but at different locations.

Also, I never went back to check but I'm fairly sure I was sacked from a bar I worked at whilst at uni after I drank my own body weight in booze during regular trips to the cellar. I was so out of it that I dropped a case of Smirnoff Ice down the stairs, smashing every one of the 24 bottles and just sat there laughing. The only other memory I have of the night is the burly Irish guy who ran the place manhandling me out onto the street at about 2am.

Like I say, never bothered to collect my P45, just kinda assumed.

And no, I wouldn't do it again. Nor would I recommend it. NOT cool

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Not yet mind you i am self employed so not much chance of it!!!

:D

poke

Oct 19, 2003
I haven't, but there's someone who posts on here who got a written warning for passing out on the toilets at work after a night long drinking sessions and no sleep. His boss had to climb into the cubicle to get him out!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I was sacked when I was signed of by the doc with chicken pox. :down:

Still, they were a shit company. :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Once

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Once for being off sick after a major knee repair operation

Still it was the best thing they could have done for me I got a much better job as a result

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No sackings. Made redundant 7 times.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Never, had the same job for 12 years

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Never, although is only my first job, plan to quit soon though! cant be bobbed to carry on! need a job closer to home so it don.t take an hour to get home!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here