Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] A small example of what a small club full of small people THEY are

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Absolutely TEXTBOOK "whatabout-ery" from our Selhurst chums.

CPFC2010 - the club that class forgot.

Bunch of professional victims. Whinging about broken wing mirrors...but this is a group of supporters that can't even identify the right bus to assault with their efforts. Can't really take anything they say seriously.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't the young lad answer Hazard? Sure that's what I heard.
So you don't feel bad about the behaviour of your club then? No surprise there.
Any news or threads on the Brighton fan at the back on the Arthur Wait pretending to be a monkey to racial abuse a black palace fan in our section?
First I've heard of it, so no. Presumably he's been reported and is facing charges? Certainly not behaviour I'd condone, and if true I hope he's prosecuted. Big difference between a fan and a representative of the club on the pitch with a microphone though.

No didn't think so, too classy you lot...
:shrug:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With you all the way on this. I too noticed both the snide comment and the way the mascot 'saved' his penalty whilst moving away for the others.
Many clubs have half time games for kids, running around the pitch being the popular one, which really gets the crowd involved. But the kids are always treated with respect and the losers are never teased.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No idea if this will work - https://www.facebook.com/joshehead/videos/g.590433104421825/10155384526400924/?type=2&theater&ifg=1

Both sets of fans acting like proper tools in the video.

Wing mirrors again broken on the way back to the station, Classy and tough Brighton.

You really are a proper fxxking tool aren't you? If you were Scouse you would probably defend the Jamie Bulger killers.........or at least highlight someone else's failings.........rotten to the core, like your club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Any news or threads on the Brighton fan at the back on the Arthur Wait pretending to be a monkey to racial abuse a black palace fan in our section? No didn't think so, too classy you lot...

No idea if this will work - https://www.facebook.com/joshehead/videos/g.590433104421825/10155384526400924/?type=2&theater&ifg=1

Both sets of fans acting like proper tools in the video.

Wing mirrors again broken on the way back to the station, Classy and tough Brighton.

Still no threads on the two flares thrown on the pitch or the vandalism ?

All these feature examples of a club representative using a 7 year old for a cheap gag on the pitch for pre-match entertainment in a game that requires no additional help in increasing animosity?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It might cheer you up to learn that a priceless opportunity to take the **** out of the small club dropped my way the other day when I was visiting the muddy field and collection of sheds that passes for their training ground on business. I bumped into Ian 'Moose' Abrahams, the self-styled legend of talkSPORT just as a clutch of Selhurst Barcelona no-marks including Puncheon, Townsend and Loftus-Cheek emerged into the watery Beckenham sunshine as it tried to force its way through the smoke still drifting across from burning locally-owned Croydon retail outlets.

In a rare moment of inspiration, I said: 'Hello, Moose. Blimey, I've never seen anyone famous here before.' Okay, there was a risk of inflating Moose's already gargantuan ego to bursting point. But it was worth it for the look on Puncheon's face.

Did he post a photo of him talking to you on social media, with a caption along the lines of "me talking to my good friend NaN..."?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

What does that have to do with the topic?

Fans will be fans, I was embarassed by certain reactions to bangers and flares going off as it is something we have done ourselves.. though we have in my time supporting not rushed a turnstile at the expense of our own paying fans and inadvertently pinned the blame on our own stewards. I've been embarassed about many things, perhaps a bad example but 'poogate' was one, until of course the rumours about the real culprit were substantiated.

Perhaps in this moment of utter cuntery you could have just held your hands up and said "yea that was pretty cheap trying to bounce a gag off a 7 year old", but nope, you come on here and throw something completely unrelated back our way.

I understand this is a running gag with your lot but it still persists in baffling me, bearing in mind a good mate of mine is palace and cringes to the bone whenever these claims are made as you apparently suffer from bigger london club syndrome much more than we do down in Sussex (as your bumper PL crowds would suggest). Glass houses and all that.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
If anything's going to stamp his hatred of Palace from an early age, this could be it.

For most of us, especially in the light of Palace fans continued and valued support of REMF, it's exaggerated, parochial and slightly irrational, but Josh will have something tangible here.

A classless act by the announcer for cheap comedy at the expense of a young child, but ultimately he's just succeeded in training up at least one Albion fan for the next 70+ years.

That legacy is likely go on a lot longer than he'll be around to see, let alone be on the microphone for.

He who laughs last laughs longest.

Maybe invite the announcer (lets call him "Richard Head") to the next REMF game and show him what class really is. Although he probably thinks "class" is something he skipped when he was younger!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Any news or threads on the Brighton fan at the back on the Arthur Wait pretending to be a monkey to racial abuse a black palace fan in our section? No didn't think so, too classy you lot...

As I replied to this in another thread, are you sure it wasn't your fans that were booing Bong (or were they actually boos ...........)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Flares ??? There were no flares on Saturday, I thought you hoodie boyz knew the difference between different types of pyrotechnics (sorry forgot it wasn't your fans it was the police who did it)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funny how [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] is crying unproven racism on here, yet posted a pic of an Asian family in Albion stuff randomly and when asked to explain, decided to ignore it. Clearly a racist unlike the Albion fan. Should be banned like the other CP2010FC Franchise Trolls :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I notice one claim on there that "It is Spurs fans making all the noise at the Amex". Pot, kettle?

Forgot about this until last night. And I can't say I really wanted to talk about CPFC much more after the weekend. But if you missed it, this is something that grated with me during Saturday's game and rather summed up their attitude as a club.

Half time at Castle Greyskull. A children's penalty shootout on the pitch by means of entertainment. Fine. Community engagement, getting the kids involved and all that. The usual sort of thing, but a big deal for the children involved, no doubt. Two Palace kids, two from Albion. As they amble up for their big moment, the pitch announcer grabs each one for a quick word: what's your name, where do you live, your favourite player and all that.

The youngest and by far the smallest of the four steps up in his Brighton kit. He's seven years old, he says. Seven. Let's call him Josh, primarily because I can't remember his actual name. Up comes the Palace announcer, stifling a giggle: he's almost certainly been waiting for this moment all day.

"What's your name, young man?".
"Josh"
"And who's your favourite Chelsea player, Josh?"

Cue much hilarity & cheering from the home fans who were actually bothering to listen, and a puzzled silence from the young man. "ONLY JOKING!" says Mr Announcer. "Your favourite BRIGHTON player! Haha! Josh, everyone!".

Now I know it's not the worst thing that's happened in the world this week. Maybe I've somehow missed the hilarious BANTZ of the situation. But that was a seven year old child. A seven year old who he's taken a cheap shot at, in front of twenty six thousand people, to try and ingratiate himself with their fans and make himself look like the funny man. Take the piss out of us grown ups all you like, but not by trying to humiliate a seven year old boy, you absolute whopper. Small, small man. Small, small club.

Anyway. I just needed to vent there. More importantly, and getting back on track here: wasn't last night GREAT?

His favourite Chelsea player should have been Zaha! Think the guy on the mic was quite funny, if kids and women can't take the bant they should stay at home and stop ruining it for the mindless majority

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here