NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A return of this will make it all worthwhile

sweetstexan-full--_3087317k.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I wonder how the Russian anti missile screen went?

#Papertiger

larus

Shocking to see how much money gets wasted on our defence budget when the country is falling apart due to lack of investment in hospitals, police, education, etc. Do we really need to spend almost as much as Russia? Utter madness.

Exactly. That’s Russia with a GDP of 60% of that of the UK. You’re right, there’s no way we can afford to match them.

Read an interesting arrivals the other day - it made a astrong case for the economy of Russia to tank even more. The emergence of shale and LNG means prices won’t rise, and Russia has failed to invest in new industries. Putin has spent a lot in the past on the military, but they can’t afford that now.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why anyone is worried about Russia is quite beyond me.

It's economy is in the shitter, all state assets are in oligarchs hands their healthcare system collapsed 2 years ago and their military spending is only just ahead of ours.

Britain need not fear them.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Excuse me for being shallow but Is any of this going to further effect the World Cup

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly. That’s Russia with a GDP of 60% of that of the UK. You’re right, there’s no way we can afford to match them.

Read an interesting arrivals the other day - it made a astrong case for the economy of Russia to tank even more. The emergence of shale and LNG means prices won’t rise, and Russia has failed to invest in new industries. Putin has spent a lot in the past on the military, but they can’t afford that now.

They appeared to be a huge power 40 years ago until the satellites got more and more sophisticated and realised a lot of their missile silos, and armaments were wooden cut outs.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Shocking to see how much money gets wasted on our defence budget when the country is falling apart due to lack of investment in hospitals, police, education, etc. Do we really need to spend almost as much as Russia? Utter madness.

The first priority for a state has to be its security. I would argue that in these uncertain and changing times that we should actually be spending more on defence.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's official! The cabinet considered advice from this website before bombing Syria:

[tweet]985070136192356353[/tweet]

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
No Sky TV

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
2013 Parliament voted to bomb Assad's forces and decided against.

2015 Parliament voted to bomb IS in support of Assad's forces and decided to go ahead.

2018 Now we have started bombing Assad's forces.

Well as long as we know what we are doing, I can't see this causing any problems :facepalm:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Why anyone is worried about Russia is quite beyond me.

It's economy is in the shitter, all state assets are in oligarchs hands their healthcare system collapsed 2 years ago and their military spending is only just ahead of ours.

Britain need not fear them.

Spot on. Putin apparently worth $200 billion, while his country has gone to the pan. Just another dictator.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Russia said that a strike against Syria would start a war. Hopefully we’ve got time to beat Palace before the nukes arrive!

Our missiles are prime and ready in plenty of Sussex gardens aimed at Selhurst today.

2CCF93ED-75CB-456E-BA96-B33AE28B25CF.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
.. in conjunction with

1) An unpopular female Conservative Prime Minister

2) Brighton in the top league (worried about going down)

3) A donkey jacket wearing Labour Leader

4) A celebrity in charge of America

What else from the decade of rolled up Miami Vice Jacket Sleeved Mullets would NSC liked to brought back ?

Secondly, what will the "chilled out Brit Pop 90s reaction to now" next decade bring ?

Football violence, today only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here