Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno: what next?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Isn't this thread almost word for word what we were saying about Calde a couple of years ago? And now Calde's gone.

Fwiw, I think he could do a job as back up RB next season. Ideally of course we would be getting in someone as good as Schelotto to give him a serious rival, or even someone better, but we can't expect to improve every position in one fell swoop. Budget will be limited, and CH will have priorities, and arguably RB won't be a priority - and who knows, our Grade 1 academy might just come up with a viable reserve RB in time!

Edit: Posted before I saw the news that he'd got another year - so, not a bad shout! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
There is more to the Albion team spirit than being the best player. I am pleased for Bruno.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why wouldn't he be in the squad if he's signing a deal?!

Part reward (he deserves it), part insurance (we'll be looking for another but may not get one, a DS may step up or may not etc) and part commercial - it means he has a sale value.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Excellent news. A Brighton legend, massive part of the dressing room and great back up player. Deserves it just for the keep fit regime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Excellent news. A Brighton legend, massive part of the dressing room and great back up player. Deserves it just for the keep fit regime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much sums it up. A great example to the younger players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The ultimate pro, glad he has been given another year

Bruno is a regular Church goer. My Dad goes to the same Church as him.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's looking to become a Bishop or even a Pope after his Football career. He definitely has that divine first touch for it.

I am sure he is married with kids, that would tend to count against the Pope option for career advancement :)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I still think he can do a job at this level. The silly penalties were just that and not age related. Pace has never been his biggest asset.

The goal he set up v Everton earlier this season showed his class.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that giving him another contract indicates that we are happy to have him as back up to Schellotto as nobody else has emerged from the U23s and our finances can be used in strengthening the squad in other areas. He deserves a new contract and has rightly been given one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think that it would be better for all concerned if Bruno retired as a player at the end of this season.

I really don't want to see him chasing shadows next season, or sit out the whole campaign like Sidwell. For him to have played an important part in this inaugural Prem season is as good an ending as there could possibly be for him.

I hope that he will become the club's chief ambassador and help to broker deals that will ensure a conveyor belt of Hispanic flair into our squad for years to come.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's hard for supporters to gauge, as everything happens behind the scenes, but I imagine there's real value in the experienced pros acting as mentors for junior members coming through. Sidwell and Rosenior (I think) have both been referenced in the press over the past season as performing this role. I also hope that Bruno might have an eye to starting out his coaching badges with the club. This is all part of building consistency throughout the club. It worked for Liverpool in the 80s but it feels like it's fallen out of fashion.

Although I hope it doesn't happen for a long time yet I will be very interested to see Mr Bloom's next managerial appointment. Will we look to keep the next appointment "in house"?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Part reward (he deserves it), part insurance (we'll be looking for another but may not get one, a DS may step up or may not etc) and part commercial - it means he has a sale value.

WHAT?

Seriously - what?

The club doesn't do 'reward'; fairly obvious is insurance or 'backup', but to think he has a resale value, or the club would be so insulting as to insist on a fee for him... The mind boggles. :facepalm:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's hard for supporters to gauge, as everything happens behind the scenes, but I imagine there's real value in the experienced pros acting as mentors for junior members coming through. Sidwell and Rosenior (I think) have both been referenced in the press over the past season as performing this role. I also hope that Bruno might have an eye to starting out his coaching badges with the club. This is all part of building consistency throughout the club. It worked for Liverpool in the 80s but it feels like it's fallen out of fashion.

Although I hope it doesn't happen for a long time yet I will be very interested to see Mr Bloom's next managerial appointment. Will we look to keep the next appointment "in house"?

I’d like to see Rosenior Jnr in a coaching role.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here