Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Only other explanation I can see is the snow kent way is expected to drift west and maybe south a little but that doesn’t seem that likely

Wind direction on the met office site shows the wind heading our way and pushing south slightly as it goes too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mrs Hut school was open the closed - not much snow here in BN43 so Tescos shopping it is

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did nt stop them having the mother of all snowball fights yesterday lunchtime apparently!

I wonder if they can’t get the minimum number of staff needed to cover both campuses. I agree it’s a bit pathetic though as I am sitting on a train to London.

According to the Argus, some other Brighon schools have closed:

IMG_2434.PNG

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
The school leadership is often female, with predominantly female staff. Early in the week they typically caught unaware by the few cms of snow so kept schools open, rightly. As the week has progressed and the females have whined on they have built themselves into a frenzy leading to closing schools just because there is snow forecast 50 miles away. They just look at the news and say it’s snowy! Clueless.

There is no reason to close any schools on the south coast today, it’s all gone/hasn’t appeared.

Could have been written by me this morning...

School closed in BN20 because of the weather forecast.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The school leadership is often female, with predominantly female staff. Early in the week they typically caught unaware by the few cms of snow so kept schools open, rightly. As the week has progressed and the females have whined on they have built themselves into a frenzy leading to closing schools just because there is snow forecast 50 miles away. They just look at the news and say it’s snowy! Clueless.

There is no reason to close any schools on the south coast today, it’s all gone/hasn’t appeared.

:thumbsup: Schools nearer the seafront, are located in places where all the snow has long since melted.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Snow to the south of us,
Blizzards to the north,
Here we are, stuck in the middle with none.

Stumpy Tim

Can’t really see the roads becoming so treacherous that people can’t get home between 3-4pm......not with cars driving on them all day !

Depends where you live I guess. If you live down one of the roads that don't have lots of cars going up & down them then you're in trouble. I also remember back in 2012 or 2013 having to drive from Hove to Patcham to pick up my kids from nursery when it started snowing. By the time I had picked them up all the roads heading back down into Hove were undrivable

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Looks like little or no snow here today or tomorrow and then milder by saturday, so overall it has been disappointing for snow, 1 inch in total since monday, we seem to have just missed out again on any real snow, too far west, too far east, too far north, too far south, about an inch in total whereas 4 - 18 inches seems to have been the norm. Never mind

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Please don't let it reach Cornwall!

If you are lucky it may, just.
I have lived in Plymouth for 15 years and it has snowed and laid once, eight years ago, you could even count the amount of hard frosts we have had in that time on two Norwich supporters hands.
We could have 20cm of snow starting at noon and going on through to friday and its chuffing freezing, my pastie froze yesterday,50cm forecast for Dartmoor.
Behind all this is freezing rain, then 10 degrees by Friday afternoon.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Yep close to having a real snow event like other areas of the country. In the end most of Sussex just bloody cold with a dusting or 2 centimetres. Bit disappointing in the end after all the hype.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Depends where you live I guess. If you live down one of the roads that don't have lots of cars going up & down them then you're in trouble. I also remember back in 2012 or 2013 having to drive from Hove to Patcham to pick up my kids from nursery when it started snowing. By the time I had picked them up all the roads heading back down into Hove were undrivable

Snow is unpredictable & conditions can change very rapidly. I can remember picking my children up from school once, to take them for dental checkups, just 4 miles away. We got to the dentist at 4.30, left 15 mins later, heading back to the bus stop. In that time it had started snowing, was already laying, and buses getting stuck.
We travelled just a mile, and the bus couldn't go any further.
We had to walk, getting home after 7pm with snow up to my knees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here