Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where Did We Acquire Scum 'Fans' That Boo The Team Off And Throw Coins At The Opposition?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Kasper is a prick, coin throwers if they exist are pricks. Was in N1F row E and whilst I saw a couple of people having a pop and being told to calm down by stewards there was very little else. Storm in a tea cup IMO.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Withdean in the Championship were my favourite Brighton days.

I know being in the PL and the stadium and hotels and training ground and community work conference rooms for hire and family tours of the stadium and blah and blah blah blah are vital if we are to survive in the 21st century but I'm sorry, joining the stream of fans walking up London road, getting a half inch deep chicken pie and a brew and walking back into town from Withdean in the drizzle on a Saturday afternoon was magic.
People stayed til the match was over as they realised the world wouldn't tip off it's axis if they didn't catch the very first bus home.
Nobody discussed pies, whether the club remembered their kids birthday etc etc. We cared about staying up.
Still, each person needs to feel special now don't they/ everything has to be an "experience" that the whole family can enjoy, preferably with a gourmet pastry snack and lightening fast service with a smile.

Don't throw coins though, that's a bit prickish.

But also don't cry if someone boo's the team, they're probably in a bad mood because someone gave them a grouse and wildgrass brioche instead of the pulled pork seeded bap with homemade caramelised red onion marmalade and homegrown mustard seeds.

He he he

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
With coinage dying, will gentrified Albion fans be the first to frisbee sharpened charge cards at annoying opponents?

Only once they are past their "valid until" date, presumably, and after they have been cut up or shredded.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
to say bad behaviour/actions never happened before is well off the mark. Am thinking straight back to the last game at the Goldstone. Cue Ian Baird and Darren Moore being sent off! Followed by a load of monkey chants and banana skins thrown in the direction of Moore.. Anyone else remember this? I certainly do. It wasn't really highlighted in the media as much more was happening to our club right there and then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wolves fans booed their team off yesterday and they’re having their best season in decades.

Invite 100 people to dinner party and at least one of them will tell an offensive joke and leave their chair untucked.

I agree.

But it would be nice if the other 99 beat the nobber to a pulp of shiney sinew and shit in their face hole, from time to time. Metaphorically speaking. Won't happen, sadly. *cough* saw niffink *cough*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Total wankers.

Wouldn't happen at Withdean. Or Gillingham. Or The Goldstone.

Almost worth getting relegated to see these ferals furq orf back down the hole where they came from.

Stoke away about 12 years ago...the return of the entitled teenager in vey tight trousers, and an inability to discriminate between the black Brighton and Stoke player when shouting racist abuse. Some people were very cross, but decided that they weren't worth it. As I recall we conceded a pen when a black hand was raised and punched the ball. Odd thing was we had no black player on the pitch that day. Anyone remember that? I think we lost 0-4. ****ing shit day out all round. These should be banned

jeanss.jpg

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Coin throwing grrrr. Literally scum, how to potentially blind someone, god knows what these people are thinking...

Thinking about booing players off the pitch. Weirdly I dont think its so bad actually. I wouldnt do it myself, but I dont think there's too much wrong voicing that the fans expect better. Getting booed as a player isnt the end of the world. I'd hate it if they were driving home thinking "our fans are so mean I cant believe they booed us. They should be grateful we are drawing in the prem". Well we are, but could do better lads/CH, expectations are higher than what they were so get used to it. You set our expectations!! Keep pushing

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

I know being in the PL and the stadium and hotels and training ground and community work conference rooms for hire and family tours of the stadium and blah and blah blah blah are vital if we are to survive in the 21st century but I'm sorry, joining the stream of fans walking up London road, getting a half inch deep chicken pie and a brew and walking back into town from Withdean in the drizzle on a Saturday afternoon was magic.
People stayed til the match was over as they realised the world wouldn't tip off it's axis if they didn't catch the very first bus home.
Nobody discussed pies, whether the club remembered their kids birthday etc etc. We cared about staying up.
Still, each person needs to feel special now don't they/ everything has to be an "experience" that the whole family can enjoy, preferably with a gourmet pastry snack and lightening fast service with a smile.

But also don't cry if someone boo's the team, they're probably in a bad mood because someone gave them a grouse and wildgrass brioche instead of the pulled pork seeded bap with homemade caramelised red onion marmalade and homegrown mustard seeds.

you're on fire today moosh....:lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we will ever see the raw , scintillating atmosphere of the Goldstone at the Amex, the prem is now sanitised and you would need to go to Forest , Derby , Villa or Leeds to get a truly fizzing atmosphere , the villa v brum derby , weds v utd sheffield derby , any combination of Forest ,Derby and Leicester away to either of those are going to produce an atmosphere that the authorities have done their level bet to stamp out in the prem......all part of the poncification of the white male.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I remember things being worse at the Goldstone but I was younger then and went far more often than is possible now so I could be looking at things differently. I seem to remember more than a handful of twats at Withdean too so I don't think things are any worse these days at all.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

You forgot the chips with curry sauce????

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Total wankers.

Wouldn't happen at Withdean. Or Gillingham. Or The Goldstone.

Almost worth getting relegated to see these ferals furq orf back down the hole where they came from.

Wouldn't happen at The Goldstone :facepalm: , really?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I remember things being worse at the Goldstone but I was younger then and went far more often than is possible now so I could be looking at things differently. I seem to remember more than a handful of twats at Withdean too so I don't think things are any worse these days at all.

Agreed it was far worse, recall fans pouring out of the North in the mid 90's and opposition players getting man handled, one such games against Orient sticks in the mind.

Not that I am condoning coin throwing as acceptable, attending matches is expensive enough as it is

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Have we forgotten. Coin throwing was actively encouraged at the Goldstone when they went round with the blankets. It goes without saying that people tried their hardest to hit the brave souls on each corner. I always used to wonder how the wingers got on treading on all the missed coins. They were big buggers them old pennies.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed it was far worse, recall fans pouring out of the North in the mid 90's and opposition players getting man handled, one such games against Orient sticks in the mind.

Not that I am condoning coin throwing as acceptable, attending matches is expensive enough as it is

Now they pour out of the Amex on 70 minutes, especially the East Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here