Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton owned by Puel

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Actually, no I'm not. None of those things. But if you're the kind of humanoid turd that can only resort to insults, f*** off - I'll have nothing more to do with you. Blocked.

Hit a nerve? Funny this coming from someone that has 22k posts, I'm guessing most of these offer nothing substantial, other then to point out typos. My point stands, you're a pathetic keyboard warrior.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Hopefully. You say about his huge array of talent but Puel didn’t have his best defender today, down to 10 men with his most creative player sent off in the first half, best striker only came on in the second half and yet they outplayed us.

Hughton also had a lot of attacking talent at his disposal yet we looked impotent at home to a mid table side who had 10 men for over an hour. Big lessons to learn.

said it before and i'll say it again ....Hughton isn't on the pitch to be outplayed , if by bringing on Vardy , a former international and still very handy striker, Puel has "outcoached" Hughton then you and i are going to have to disagree.......we LACK true quality and are still punching above our weight , the fact we have let another reasonably early lead go AGAIN cannot be put down to Hughton ......it's the attitude of the players on the pitch, they are being found out week after week , far too defence dependant and woeful going forward. It's been said by numerous people that survival is paramount and look at Fulham playing attacking football and getting tonked every week , well , having the ability to play attacking football as they did at Liverpool the other week at least gives the opposition something to worry about whereas we , unfortunately , at the moment are severely lacking in attacking intent and ability.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Getting sick of these keyboard warriors. Tell you what, when you get what you crave for why don't you apply for the job? You idiots know so much about how we need to play, do it, go on, lets see you HELMETS do better, go on!
When you finally get what you want
(the best manager we've ever had, hounded out), you will realise we are LIMITED with the players we have. I can't wait for you pricks calling for his head, to get what you want. Questioning his tactics, thinking that's gonna help the team. Thinking we're underachieving, have a look at yourself! EMBARRASSING! GROW UP, MAN UP!
MILLIONS OF FANS IN THIS COUNTRY WOULD LOVE TO BE IN OUR POSITION.
Maybe its you guys and not Hughton who doesnt know anything about football. Yes today was disappointing, but get over it. Your selfish, and when you get what you want (lets face it, after enough tantrums you'll get what you desire) WE All will regret it.

LETS STICK TOGETHER AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM, LIKE WE DID NOT SO LONG AGO, MARCHING ALONG THE SEAFRONT. AND LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND THE BEST MANAGER BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION HAS EVER HAD!!

SEAGULLLLLS!
UTA

All heart pumping stuff, but just look at the direction we are headed, time to get over the euphoria about making it to the premier league and to start trying to play like a premier league team.
Our players are not limited and only back pedal because they are told to do it.
I beleive we have the quality to win games and it is just the mentality that has to be changed.
We need to press when we have the advantage and seem to play better when going a goal down early to be honest.
Other teams will not mind so much about going a goal down against us because they will know that we are chokers and will be odds on to blow it.
All people have their limitations and maybe this is where Chris is at, as he just will not learn from previous results.
I wish him no ill will, just hoping that he can see that changes need to be made.
Tony is an astute businessman and although has shown much faith, he must watch the games, which would be hard to digest being a risk taker himself.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We can deal with a Manure squad full of superstars and yet we shit ourselves when Vardy comes on, utter bollocks.

started with Grealish at the end of 16/17 last game .....there we were coasting towards a champions trophy , bring on someone with a bit of pace and intent and we dropped the bundle.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
started with Grealish at the end of 16/17 last game .....there we were coasting towards a champions trophy , bring on someone with a bit of pace and intent and we dropped the bundle.

Pity we can’t, or are incapable of doing the same.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have one way/system of playing regardless if we are home, away, 1 up, 1 down against 11 or ten men.

This is built on the defensive two banks of 4 and try and nick a goal and make us hard to break down.

It is effective in the sense it gives us enough points across the season which is why Hughton adopts it as he is pragmatic and ignores games like today knowing come May it will have kept us up.

Frustrating for away fans and in games like yesterday but it won’t change anytime soon.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Getting sick of these keyboard warriors. Tell you what, when you get what you crave for why don't you apply for the job? You idiots know so much about how we need to play, do it, go on, lets see you HELMETS do better, go on!
(the best manager we've ever had, hounded out), you will realise we are LIMITED with the players we have. I can't wait for you pricks calling for his head, to get what you want. Questioning his tactics, thinking that's gonna help the team. Thinking we're underachieving, have a look at yourself! EMBARRASSING! GROW UP, MAN UP!
Maybe its you guys and not Hughton who doesnt know anything about football. Yes today was disappointing, but get over it. Your selfish, and when you get what you want (lets face it, after enough tantrums you'll get what you desire) WE All will regret it.

LETS STICK TOGETHER AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM, LIKE WE DID NOT SO LONG AGO, MARCHING ALONG THE SEAFRONT. AND LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND THE BEST MANAGER BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION HAS EVER HAD!!

SEAGULLLLLS!
UTA

Sounds great and all that, but I don't think we're as limited as you think we are. We've added to a squad that got a lot of plaudits for our home performances and form last season. Our away form was understandablly poor - 1st season in the prem - but the hope was that it would improve this season. Worryingly, our away form has become our home form too, and I think as fans who pay a lot of money to go to games, we have a right to at least question the manager's tactics. We haven't played well since the 3rd game of the season.

I'm not calling for Hughton's head, btw, and I don't really think very many are at all. Big difference between getting understandably frustrated with dire performances and calling for the manager's head.

Last edited:

Mike E

Aug 26, 2018
Sounds great and all that, but I don't think we're as limited as you think we are. We've added to a squad that got a lot of plaudits for our home performances and form last season. Our away form was understandablly poor - 1st season in the prem - but the hope was that it would improve this season. Worryingly, our away form has become our home form too, and I think as fans who pay a lot of money to go to games, we have a right to at least question the manager's tactics. We haven't played well since the 3rd game of the season.

I'm not calling for Hughton's head, btw, and I don't really think very many are at all. Big difference between getting understandably frustrated with dire performances and calling for the manager's head.

A team that plays badly but gets a result is the sign of a good team

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I wish you types would wake up, we are not tactically adequate to manage a game successfully, even when it is handed out on a plate.
It was easier to win this game than to get a draw or lose, it looked like we were the team playimg as if we were down to 10 men.
It isn’t good enough and if you are happy with it then it just shows how low your levels of expectation are.

If you are not happy, take a Hughton out banner to the next game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Leicester fans have about as much faith with Puel as some on here, have with Hughton.
"Puel, for whatever reason and I know the reports were saying Vardy was injured, never showed any signs of it, again totally got the formation and subs wrong and nearly cost us, so I’m only giving him 4/10 ."
https://www.leicestertillidie.com/match-reports.html
"How Puel doesn't know his strongest 11 after a year"
https://twitter.com/Ashleypp1986/status/1066487154979889152
"just not convinced with what Puel is doing with the squad"
https://twitter.com/Fraser_Stevens1/status/1066402084713566208
'Puel has one of the most exciting young teams in the premier league. Yet he makes them play rigid and boring football. This is the problem, he has to leave. "
https://twitter.com/JamieBolton17/status/1066396586975141888

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leicester fans have about as much faith with Puel as some on here, have with Hughton.
"Puel, for whatever reason and I know the reports were saying Vardy was injured, never showed any signs of it, again totally got the formation and subs wrong and nearly cost us, so I’m only giving him 4/10 ."
https://www.leicestertillidie.com/match-reports.html
"How Puel doesn't know his strongest 11 after a year"
https://twitter.com/Ashleypp1986/status/1066487154979889152
"just not convinced with what Puel is doing with the squad"
https://twitter.com/Fraser_Stevens1/status/1066402084713566208
'Puel has one of the most exciting young teams in the premier league. Yet he makes them play rigid and boring football. This is the problem, he has to leave. "
https://twitter.com/JamieBolton17/status/1066396586975141888

We obviously have different thresholds for what is boring, we are much more boring to watch than Leicester on what I have seen this season from both teams.

How I would love us to have been as boring as Leicester were with 10 men after watching us play with 10 men last week.

Unsuprisingly Leicester fans do have much higher expectations than just surviving so we are starting from a different viewpoint.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We obviously have different thresholds for what is boring, we are much more boring to watch than Leicester on what I have seen this season from both teams.

How I would love us to have been as boring as Leicester were with 10 men after watching us play with 10 men last week.

Well i think most clubs would like to have experienced what Leicester have been through on the pitch recently. but its probably that perhaps all teams can have a highly negative minority/set of fans that who express themselves on Twitter, forums loudly, often exaggerate for effect and don't necessarily reflect the overall fanbase...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well i think most clubs would like to have experienced what Leicester have been through on the pitch recently. but its probably that perhaps all teams can have a highly negative minority/set of fans that who express themselves on Twitter, forums loudly, often exaggerate for effect and don't necessarily reflect the overall fanbase...

Are you talking about me again? :smile:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are you talking about me again? :smile:

Ha ! No. but by definition, most posters, me included, to NorthStandChat or Twitter are unlikely to reflect our overall fanbase. (the vast majority of them don't post to either) - that doesn't mean that opinion isn't held, or valid - but likely not representative.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

SEAGULLLLLS!
UTA

Those that have a moan don't seem to realise that we are currently punching above our weight in the Premier League. Disappointing not to win yesterday but Leicester were fired up and the end result of a draw isn't a disaster. Expectations are higher this year but improvement in this league comes in baby steps. If you want to cheer yourself up after a disappointing draw just look along the coast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here