Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Lesser known clubs who have had a go at us at home

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I remember being caught a cracker by a Mansfield fan once in the South, nobody else involved.

We were both only about 14 but wow, that hurt, but I never let him nick my scarf.

I wonder how Barber out would have dealt with all of that back then.......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
About 10 Gillingham 'took' the North around 72. I have had no respect for the North ever since :facepalm:

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I remember being caught a cracker by a Mansfield fan once in the South, nobody else involved.

We were both only about 14 but wow, that hurt, but I never let him nick my scarf.

I wonder how Barber out would have dealt with all of that back then.......

I remember Mansfield in the South Stand. Didn't they get "moved" to the South West and had an uncomfortable afternoon at the hands of the regular South Stand crew?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
The Bournemouth game mentioned before was just about my favourite Goldstone game. They were in early so 'took' the North when it was empty. Albion fans came in and the away fans were pushed across towards the west side. There was a crowd of 30,600 for this div 3 game so barely room to move. The police kept a little gap between the surging fans & tried to use dogs but I think the noise sent the dogs mad so they had to leave. Bottles & all sorts of missiles flew between the fans. Oh, and Albion won a great victory 2-0.

Back in the day, Luton games were a bit tasty too.

Did Ted McDougall play for Bournemouth in that game. And maybe Phil Boyer?

I watched the fun in the North Stand from the South. As you say Bournemouth got in early or surely wouldn't have taken it?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I remember Mansfield in the South Stand. Didn't they get "moved" to the South West and had an uncomfortable afternoon at the hands of the regular South Stand crew?

Thinking about this, I reckon you're right about that, because they came at The South goal on the pitch after the final whistle.

I had another pop and saw the lad that cracked me one, and moved to someone else........

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I remember seeing many of our fans with blood wounds and bandages still in the NS trying to attack them. They wanted retribution.

LestWeForget_Pic.jpeg

Attachments

• lest-we-forget-navy-large-flag-5-x-3--103278-p.png
    lest-we-forget-navy-large-flag-5-x-3--103278-p.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 520

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Oxford mob sat in the south stand ran onto the pitch in the mid 80’s, talk to a few over 40’s who will tell you the fun we had with the Sheffield United fans on the pitch in the 80’s

I remember an Oxford mob in the 80s. Me and my mate went in the sackville/seagull tavern and it was full of them. Quite surprised. After game got very tasty in Hove Park.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Northampton Town on a Friday night. Around 87ish they brought a very game mob. Lively in the park afterwards.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Huddersfield Town during the miners strike early 80s. Backed up by a few miners down for a conference? Went off by Hove station. Recall a lad throwing himself on top of them as Huddersfield came up the steps from the where the tunnel/bus station is. One of the funniest things I had seen. Immediately nicked.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Did Ted McDougall play for Bournemouth in that game. And maybe Phil Boyer?

I watched the fun in the North Stand from the South. As you say Bournemouth got in early or surely wouldn't have taken it?

Did this game have the highest number of arrests for a Brighton match? Remember seeing loads taken out, everyone seemed to be wearing black leather gloves...

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
The Bournemouth game mentioned before was just about my favourite Goldstone game. They were in early so 'took' the North when it was empty. Albion fans came in and the away fans were pushed across towards the west side. There was a crowd of 30,600 for this div 3 game so barely room to move. The police kept a little gap between the surging fans & tried to use dogs but I think the noise sent the dogs mad so they had to leave. Bottles & all sorts of missiles flew between the fans. Oh, and Albion won a great victory 2-0.

Back in the day, Luton games were a bit tasty too.

If I remember Bournemouth brought a lot of coaches up for that Boxing Day game , about 30 I think and every coach got smashed , I remember seeing a Brighton fan smashing some Bournemouth fans with the corner flag on the pitch , I think Brighton chased Bournemouth that day all over the place

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was standing near the old transfer box - as we called it then - on the north east corner and a stream of Bournemouth fans were being helped out some looking like they’d just come out of a war zone. 2 were being treated for nasty head injuries, swathed in bandages. I was pretty young then and certainly not involved in any of that sort of culture at the time but I must admit it has stuck in the memory all these years.
Off thread but going to their place with Worthing in the FA cup years later was fun.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If I remember Bournemouth brought a lot of coaches up for that Boxing Day game , about 30 I think and every coach got smashed , I remember seeing a Brighton fan smashing some Bournemouth fans with the corner flag on the pitch , I think Brighton chased Bournemouth that day all over the place

When Bristol Rovers fans got chased back to the greyhound stadium after the 2-8 game I remember - as a young casual observer you understand - that just about everyone of the 3/4 hundred Brighton mob had stones and bricks as their coaches pulled in. God it must have been draughty for them on the way home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here