Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £6 million Bid for Aden Flint Rejected

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need to keep Baldock. We need more strikers, not fewer - possibly even more so than we thought 24 hours ago.[/QUOTE

Not if the manager doesnt intend to use him and the revelations in the last 24 hrs makes no difference I dont think.

Manager may not have a choice. We've done incredibly well (and been incredibly lucky) to get through more than half a season with effectively only two strikers. Just because we got away with it (sort of), that doesn't mean we should deliberately risk it.

And for f*** sake get Ben to show you how not to f*** up quotations!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Manager may not have a choice. We've done incredibly well (and been incredibly lucky) to get through more than half a season with effectively only two strikers. Just because we got away with it (sort of), that doesn't mean we should deliberately risk it.

And for f*** sake get Ben to show you how not to f*** up quotations!

Keep your hair on and please show me the miss quote

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
My honest view:

Solid defender who puts his body on the line, will always give 110% per cent and knows where the net is

But I reckon he'd be exposed in the prem, he isn't the quickest and the likes of hazard and Aguero would get past him too easily imo.

That being said don't think we'd accept anything under 10 mill really

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So we have dunk, Duffy, goldson, hunemier who all have played at centre back in the prem. and a couple in the stiffs. So remind me again why we need to spunk 6 million on a cart Horse?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So we have dunk, Duffy, goldson, hunemier who all have played at centre back in the prem. and a couple in the stiffs. So remind me again why we need to spunk 6 million on a cart Horse?

I’m probably being even more boring than usual but here goes again.
Goldson has played less than 30 games in 3 seasons, is fed up on the bench, and wants to develop. Club need to bring in a replacement to send him out on loan which he wants to do and Hughton wants to do.. and the bid for Flint has been surprisingly confirmed by club (they don’t confirm much) Sometimes Hughton really does mean what he says.

Or it’s guff and we are all being misinformed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My honest view:

Solid defender who puts his body on the line, will always give 110% per cent and knows where the net is

But I reckon he'd be exposed in the prem, he isn't the quickest and the likes of hazard and Aguero would get past him too easily imo.

I'd be the same in your position, but are you desparate for no player losses this month and hoping that Steve Lansdown gets the cheque book out for a couple of big signings to get you over the line?

I've listened to a couple of radio interviews with SL in the past, where he always cites Brighton as the club model he follows.

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
I'd be the same in your position, but are you desparate for no player losses this month and hoping that Steve Lansdown gets the cheque book out for a couple of big signings to get you over the line?

I've listened to a couple of radio interviews with SL in the past, where he always cites Brighton as the club model he follows.

Obviously we don't want to sell anyone but if you did come in with a 10 mill bid for a 28 year old who we bought for 300k 4 years ago we couldn't say no.

You are definitely a club who we would look towards, similar sized but shown where having a youngish manager and desire can get you above money

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Odd one this, difficult to fathom. Not involving Hunemeier in the league this season (who has not put a foot wrong in my opinion) is even more odd, i think he'd be far better in the Prem than Flint.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My honest view:

Dont suppose you watched our game last Saturday?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Obviously we don't want to sell anyone but if you did come in with a 10 mill bid for a 28 year old who we bought for 300k 4 years ago we couldn't say no.

You are definitely a club who we would look towards, similar sized but shown where having a youngish manager and desire can get you above money

Wasn't there a possibility of him going at the beginning of this season?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Odd one this, difficult to fathom. Not involving Hunemeier in the league this season (who has not put a foot wrong in my opinion) is even more odd, i think he'd be far better in the Prem than Flint.

Absolutely this, and probably would have been more successful last weekend than other three were!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here