Squad Number clues from the Crawley game

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
CrawleyTS.jpg

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's interesting to see Bjondal has number 12, rather than high 20s or 30s.

That was my thoughts as well...........I have a feeling he is going to be part of the first team squad.

The only others which indicated anything was that Sidwell will probably be No 8 and Murray 14

Who was No 4 last season ? Was it Hunnemaiher ?

These are not set in stone because I recall a Norwich Pre season friendly at Celtic Johnny Howson played No 20 and he was eventually No 8

The others seemed to have most of their old squad No's

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club have told people not to get player names and numbers on shirts yet as they may still change.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's interesting to see Bjondal has number 12, rather than high 20s or 30s.

For some reason I though Connor Goldsdon might have been persuaded to switch to one of the vacant squad numbers, 3 or 12 for instance, to let Glenn have his old number 17 back.

It doesn't look that way though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Such was the quality of the Crawley tannoy system that I thought he had announced Lewis Dunk in their starting line up! It was Young.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
12 could be Bjordal's dev squad number, likewise with Ben White.

Bong looks to have moved to 3, Sidwell to 8, and 11 still looks free - maybe for Jiri.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Nothing is confirmed yet as stated by the club, today's numbers mean nothing although it does appear Bong and LuaLua have changed to 3 and 25 respectively.

I imagine Murray will want his favoured number 17, meaning Goldson will likely move to 6 and Stephens to 8.

Pretty confident Knockaert will wear number 11.

Bjordal won't be number 12.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We don't appear to have a No 4

Uwe Hünemeier.

[MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] - I doubt Knockaert will take 11, he wore #24 at Leicester, although he was wearing #7 at Liege before he came here. I thought the same thing about Stephens/Goldson/Murray, Glenn will end up with 17 I'd have thought.

I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that as late as the Seville game last season, Kayal was wearing #28 before his change to #7 so I reckon we'll declare quite late. Bong taking #3 is no real surprise though, or LuaLua going back to #25. Nobody has changed number as often as he has.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Uwe Hünemeier.

@RM-Taylor - I doubt Knockaert will take 11, he wore #24 at Leicester, although he was wearing #7 at Liege before he came here. I thought the same thing about Stephens/Goldson/Murray, Glenn will end up with 17 I'd have thought.

I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that as late as the Seville game last season, Kayal was wearing #28 before his change to #7 so I reckon we'll declare quite late. Bong taking #3 is no real surprise though, or LuaLua going back to #25. Nobody has changed number as often as he has.

Trying to work out how many numbers Kaz has worn whilst being here, 12, 25 and 30, is there any I'm forgetting.

Guess we'll have to wait and see regarding AK.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Uwe Hünemeier.

[MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] - I doubt Knockaert will take 11, he wore #24 at Leicester, although he was wearing #7 at Liege before he came here. I thought the same thing about Stephens/Goldson/Murray, Glenn will end up with 17 I'd have thought.

Jeez how could I have forgotten BFG.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here