Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we lose v Manchester City on Saturday

How will you feel?

• Gutted. Shouldn’t be losing to teams like City. Hughton out!

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Disappointed. That’s just 5 pints in seven games. Mattress protection required tonight.

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • OK. Would’ve been nice to upset the Champions at their place, but wasn’t really expecting it.

Votes: 183 79.2%
  • Great! Who’d’ve thought 20 years ago we’d be rubbing shoulders with football’s high society!!

Votes: 26 11.3%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think we should burst out of the traps and give it everything we've got. I think Mr Hooton should just say "go out there, enjoy your football, play the way YOU want to play and whilst doing so don't forget to kick the crap out of them when the ref isn't looking.."

That will pickle the brain of Lord Peppington of Guardeville who expected our team to line up with trowels and bags of cement, building a wall nine inches in front of our Kangakeeper - and may slow down the "Roadrunner" pace of Citeh.

I also think when they visit the Amex we should let the grass grow to a height of 5.7 inches. That way, Sterling won't be able to see any of the game.

Neither will Maty.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As long as we don’t concede too many I’ll be happy.[/QUOTE

Really? That is what you expect from our time in this division, not to concede too many?

What is the point in being in this division if we don't think we can win every game we play in? That should be the base line.

Against spuds yesterday the first half, we let them slot into their game by just playing the one up front and signalled that we would pack the midfielder and let them come at us. That really paid off didn't it...irrespective how many chances we missed ...the scoresheet showed that we lost all three points.

I am not worried yet, but apart from manu in the first half, I have not been over impressed by our football this season.

I hope to be wrong in my assumption that the three teams that will drop out are Huddersfield, Newcastle and us.

You're kind of right, that we should try and win every game we play - but Man City away is the one game this season I won't bother watching

Jul 7, 2003
Just testing the water, so I know whether to venture onto NSC come 5pm next week..

I generally avoid NSC the evening after a match as there are too many people on here who either want Hughton knighted or sacked depending on the result. Been the same for years now.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
They might be tired after a tough midweek fixture and there for the taking. Edit They have Oxford away in the league cup

Last edited:

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
No complaints about a loss. Complaints about how it came about

If Brighton park the bus and try to sustain attack after attack, they WILL be broken down and the game will be quickly disposed of. It won't be entertaining for anybody, and it won't be the least bit admirable. City are used to smaller sides doing this to them, and just a glance at their goal differential last season will tell you their outcomes.

If Brighton show some fearlessness, try to get into the City players heads and make them all look like they're having an off day--but still lose in the process, i won't mind the least bit. In fact, i'll be happy. Even if it means losing 3-1, 4-1

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Really? That is what you expect from our time in this division, not to concede too many?

What is the point in being in this division if we don't think we can win every game we play in? That should be the base line.

Against spuds yesterday the first half, we let them slot into their game by just playing the one up front and signalled that we would pack the midfielder and let them come at us. That really paid off didn't it...irrespective how many chances we missed ...the scoresheet showed that we lost all three points.

I am not worried yet, but apart from manu in the first half, I have not been over impressed by our football this season.

I hope to be wrong in my assumption that the three teams that will drop out are Huddersfield, Newcastle and us.

Have you not seen CARDIFF at all?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's a gentle free hit and I'm expecting nul points, so the meltdown is locked in storage in case we lose against West Ham.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be happy that our next few games won’t be against the top six

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I generally avoid NSC the evening after a match as there are too many people on here who either want Hughton knighted or sacked depending on the result. Been the same for years now.

Definitely. It’s like witching hour. Always best sleeping on it and allowing a rational calmness to descend.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Will almost certainly get done next week, the bigger games for us are coming up.

If we're staying up, games like West Ham, Newcastle, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Burnley and alike need to yield significant point returns.

Otherwise.......some folks might start getting edgy.

City, a day out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Of course we COULD win it or get a point. The game plan will be to keep it tight and try to either get a 0-0 or sneak a goal on the break or from a set piece. But all the teams in the second division of the Premier League do that and City are used to it. Anyone expecting it to happen needs their bumps felt.

And, yes, there are two distinct divisions within the league and anything gained from the top six is a bonus. However, recent home wins against Man U & Arsenal show it can be done - but it should never be expected.

Cardiff are far worse than us. Pick up points against the teams around us and we’ll be fine. Yes, that is the current limit of our ambition and ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'd use the game against Man City to make some changes to the side.

Balogun for Dunk
Berndado for Bong
AJ for March
Locadia for Bissouma

And then play 4-4-2

LOL LOL LOL - 4 - 4 - 2 Away to Man City (The best team in the league who are battering teams for fun) with Chris in charge - Your havin a laugh

Geez a pint of what you've been on !

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
3 goals or less in a defeat would be a good result.
Go with Andone up top to give ourselves a different option and have Muzza in the bench to give him a rest and refreshed for the games after this

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here