Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Allardyce IPSO Case verdict

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really ?

Not sure what harm would've come of it. He didn't offer any advice on getting round 3rd party ownership, he just said that yes, there were ways around it and yes, it went on. Hardly groundbreaking. And when he was offered money to do some kind of conference speech, he said he would have to check with his employers first. Can't see much wrong with that either.

The pisstaking of Roy was crass and unbecoming. But there was nothing that went on in that meeting that couldn't have been sorted out by a full and frank apology by Allardyce, then within a week or two it would've been water under the bridge and all forgotten about.

The Telegraph got their pound of flesh out of it and naturally sexed it up as much as they could, but it was really much ado about nothing. Hell, I even quite admired the pint of wine. The FA went and pissed their knickers at the first whiff of controversy though, and hit the eject button. The usual shambles from them.

I don’t think you understand my point. It was a huge misjudgment to put himself in that position regardless of intent or outcome. People in high positions should know better and not do that, as it compromises their position in numerous ways. This is why he deserved to get the boot.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t think you understand my point. It was a huge misjudgment to put himself in that position regardless of intent or outcome. People in high positions should know better and not do that, as it compromises their position in numerous ways. This is why he deserved to get the boot.

Oh please. He was hardly working for MI5, blowing state secrets to Al Quada was he. He was a bloody FOOTBALL manager who said a couple of moderately uninteresting things in a newspaper sting. Only in this day and age of 24/7 tickertape news, where everything has to be SENSATIONAL and overhyped to the bollocks, does this somehow register as making his position 'untenable'.

When I heard he'd been sacked, and saw what it was actually for, my immediate reaction was "errr...is that it ??". I honestly assumed the Telegraph must have had more dirt on him due to come out. But no. They had naff all, and what little they DID have, they've bloody apologised for !

I can't believe some of the shit some people get "enraged" about. Truth is, plenty of people already had an agenda against BFS, and just thoroughly enjoyed seeing him getting hung out to dry. Filled a load of column inches I suppose, but sackable offence ? Do me a lemon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Now I thoroughly enjoyed the World Cup this summer, but let's not get carried away.

England played 6 won 2 drew 1 lost 3.

Fantastic wins against Panama and Sweden, but a draw against Colombia and defeats to Croatia and Belgium (twice).

Exciting yes but not really that impressive was it ?

I think you are missing the point. Much of the reason we loved England in the summer was because of the way that the manager and the players handled themselves. Respectful and classy. There is no way Allardyce would have pulled that off. No way.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think you are missing the point. Much of the reason we loved England in the summer was because of the way that the manager and the players handled themselves. Respectful and classy. There is no way Allardyce would have pulled that off. No way.

Absolutely. It was so nice to feel positive about England during a tournament. All Southgate's doing with the way he handled the players and media, as well as the fact that we finally overcame the penalty voodoo, comfortably beat lesser teams (not often we do that in finals), and played some exciting and positive football. So glad Allardyce got the boot - there's no way he'd have pulled that off, as you said.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Fair point but he was doing a favour for a mate of his who was starting some sort of footballing business up.

By the sounds of it, they butter his mate up to get to Sam..

As I mentioned earlier, him, his solicitor and Jim White done and hour interview between 12 & 1 today on TalkSport.

Very interesting listen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or if you want to look at it another way, in competitive games that mattered at the tourno in 90 mins we won 3 drew 2. How you can count either Belgium game is laughable to be honest. We did really well, just accept it. I was very impressed with the team and squad as a whole and how they connected with the public. So were the majority of the public luckily.

Why can’t you count the Belgium games? Both were competitive and it was exactly the same set of circumstances for both teams. I agree, whilst the summer was very pleasant for England fans and there were many many varying things for you to be positive about there’s still a long way to go before England can really be considered as a genuine contender. That said, the summer was a huge step in the right direction.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely. It was so nice to feel positive about England during a tournament. All Southgate's doing with the way he handled the players and media, as well as the fact that we finally overcame the penalty voodoo, comfortably beat lesser teams (not often we do that in finals), and played some exciting and positive football. So glad Allardyce got the boot - there's no way he'd have pulled that off, as you said.

Quite.A snarling huffing and heaving Andy Caroll elbowing opponents out the way to get on the end of a long punt doesn’t compare to Gentleman Kane and his golden boots.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why can’t you count the Belgium games? Both were competitive and it was exactly the same set of circumstances for both teams. I agree, whilst the summer was very pleasant for England fans and there were many many varying things for you to be positive about there’s still a long way to go before England can really be considered as a genuine contender. That said, the summer was a huge step in the right direction.

Really?! Neither Belgium game mattered barely at all. Both teams made wholesale changes and the 3rd/4th is pretty much a dead rubber. I agree that there’s a long way to go but it was encouraging as you say, but still feel there’s this need for people to criticise England whatever we do. We did brilliantly in an excellent tournament. Every team we beat were there on merit and we just came up short in the semi.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bang on post - it was sooooo refreshing for all. And no way Sam would’ve pulled that off you’re quite right.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Listening to Big Sams tactical advice in recent weeks him going will never be a bad thing, he should never have been given the job in the first place.

Tactical dinosaur, and him giving out advice on how to set up a team against City is laughable considering Everton were 3-0 down at HT at home under him managing 18% of the ball.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Big Fat may have used good lawyers and technically be cleared of any wrong doing but as hard as he tries it doesn't make him some Poor Victim unfairly deprived of the England job. He royally cocked up and good riddance to him, arrogant knobchops.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Listening to Big Sams tactical advice in recent weeks him going will never be a bad thing, he should never have been given the job in the first place.

Tactical dinosaur, and him giving out advice on how to set up a team against City is laughable considering Everton were 3-0 down at HT at home under him managing 18% of the ball.

Big Fat may have used good lawyers and technically be cleared of any wrong doing but as hard as he tries it doesn't make him some Poor Victim unfairly deprived of the England job. He royally cocked up and good riddance to him, arrogant knobchops.

All this.......lucky escape for the team before he did even more damage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here