Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Sorry I must disagree as you couldnt be more wrong if you tried.

The reason we lost was because we didnt press them far enough up the pitch and allowed them too much time and space and had it not been for our back 4 and GK we would have lost by more. We didnt attempt to tackle them until they virtually reached our box.

We have pace when certain players are on but not with our starting XI

The first substitution was at 75 mins hardly early.

I agree about but Bissouma but it is ironical that one piece of sloppy control from him cost us the game. It was an encouraging performance and will enable us to beat many teams this season.
You've almost perfectly described the Nottingham Forest side under Clough and Taylor. Not pretty to watch but did pretty well. Also upset the mighty Liverpool more than once. That was when they were good.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Everyone knows ManC will win the PL. The bookies make them massive favourites. The best squad of players on the planet.

Found your obvious bitterness about Liverpool (read your post) weird. Could only emanate from anger that they’d done you yet again and you’d taken bitter Roy’s propaganda hook, line & sinker. CP were 10 athletic bruisers harrying them, but were beaten by a football team. Brighton today played football.

I’ve no bitterness at all about Liverpool beating us, quite the opposite. We lost 2 nil but I felt we could well have come away with a point on the basis of our performance. No bitterness on my part.

I’ve no anger about being “done again” by Liverpool. :D In the last few years we’e effectively stopped them winning the league at Crystanbul, we ruined Gerrard’s final game at Anfield by stuffing them 3-1, we’ve won something like four of the last five games at their place and, best of all, we got so under Klopp’s skin that he called us “****ing Crystal Palace. No anger on my part.

i have absolutely no idea what you are on about when you say I’ve taken “Roy’s propaganda hook, line & sinker”. What propaganda are you on about?

Your last paragraph is proper funny when you consider all this came from me making a post that complemented your team on playing well.

As I said, you’re weird.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was there and got a total view of the match, unlike BT cameras which follow the ball.

The Albion’s new tactics and performance were as I described. As the game wore on, our support got louder and louder as it payed dividends with openings. Bissouma was class in so many ways, bringing a new dimension to our CM, missing for a long time. The proof is in the pudding - just a goal conceded, after last season’s 9.

Actually our tactics were perfectly obvious from the telly too and I make you right. You need to remember you were replying to a bloke who has "sorry, I was wrong" saved as a text file so he can quickly paste it in to the majoity of threads he contributes to.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I’ve no bitterness at all about Liverpool beating us, quite the opposite. We lost 2 nil but I felt we could well have come away with a point on the basis of our performance. No bitterness on my part.

I’ve no anger about being “done again” by Liverpool. :D In the last few years we’e effectively stopped them winning the league at Crystanbul, we ruined Gerrard’s final game at Anfield by stuffing them 3-1, we’ve won something like four of the last five games at their place and, best of all, we got so under Klopp’s skin that he called us “****ing Crystal Palace. No anger on my part.

i have absolutely no idea what you are on about when you say I’ve taken “Roy’s propaganda hook, line & sinker”. What propaganda are you on about?

Your last paragraph is proper funny when you consider all this came from me making a post that complemented your team on playing well.

As I said, you’re weird.
You're right, he is weird. But then so are most of us!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Let's just remind everyone that Dunk is injured. Jesus, if that had happened in the past i'd have been PETRIFIED.

So true. We have quality back up now in all positions, today I was expecting a heavy defeat, this result should give us confidence for the rest of the season. The way we finished it seams C H is going to go for a result away from home instead of shutting up shop and keeping the score down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

As I said, you’re weird.

Palace fans and their media chums get that completely wrong about stopping them winning the league. The two points lost from Palace getting a draw made no odds. Look up the final league table.

Not only are you odd, you’re thick.

Check out that league table and see how you’ve spent the last 4 years talking crap.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
It's what I'd call a damning with faint praise.

The congratulations in the first paragraph are magnanimous and thanks for that. Then you go on to basically slate Liverpool. Based around the fact that you lost 2-0 at home and we only lost 1-0 away I guess you had to. But we both lost. Liverpool won both games playing poorly and only good sides do that. They have every chance of winning the league and they've confirmed the pair of us as likely mid-table triers.

My point was to congratulate your team on its performance.

The observation about Liverpool was that I don’t think they are as good as the media are saying based on the three games they’ve played. It had nothing to do with your bizarre assertion that I was trying to up our performance against yours.

Read my post again, I thought Gross should have earned you a point.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

The observation about Liverpool was that I don’t think they are as good as the media are saying based on the three games they’ve played. It had nothing to do with your bizarre assertion that I was trying to up our performance against yours.

Read my post again, I thought Gross should have earned you a point.

I read it just fine. You congratulated us in one sentence and then spent two paragraphs saying how poor you think Liverpool are.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I read it just fine. You congratulated us in one sentence and then spent two paragraphs saying how poor you think Liverpool are.

Actually, you’ve summed up my post perfectly. My intention was to congratulate Brighton on their performance and make the observation that, having watched all Liverpool’s games, they aren’t as good as the media say.

I didn’t realise anyone could be so sensitive as to think that my observation about Liverpool being not as brilliant as the media make out could be seen as negating my complementary opening statement.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

The reason we lost was because we didnt press them far enough up the pitch and allowed them too much time and space and had it not been for our back 4 and GK we would have lost by more. We didnt attempt to tackle them until they virtually reached our box.

I agree about but Bissouma but it is ironical that one piece of sloppy control from him cost us the game. It was an encouraging performance and will enable us to beat many teams this season.

Come on, how can you say we didn't press them and gave them too much time until they got to our box? We were hassling them wherever they were - Knockeart ran non stop, Balogun made a fabulous tackle to stop them breaking just outside their own area, and so on and so on. I thought this aspect of our game was the main reason everything else worked out better than at, say, Watford. It certainly enabled us to bring on attack minded subs when it wasn't too late.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Actually, you’ve summed up my post perfectly. My intention was to congratulate Brighton on their performance and make the observation that, having watched all Liverpool’s games, they aren’t as good as the media say.

Make your mind up

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I'm sure many have read your post BG and couldn't be bothered to respond. Do you honestly stand by your first comments, if so, blimey.

Firstly picking up on the back 4 and the keeper, that is their role in the team, to stop the opposition from scoring and apart from an error mainly in passing the ball to a midfielder being heavily closed down, they did that

Pressing from the midfield and Murray was continuous and nearly paid off three times when their keeper was very nearly caught out with the ball at his feet, once in first half by Murray and then twice in second by Murray and Knocky.

We held them at arms length for most of the game and looked the most likely to score in the final 15, they were definitely on the back foot towards the end.

If we had pushed forwards too early we would have opened ourselves up with the likelihood of conceding again, but by pressing late on Liverpool themselves had to protect their narrow lead and therefore had to retreat allowing us on to them. The plan very nearly worked and apart from a poor header we may be talking about a point.

Your suggestion of pressing higher is so naive I'm surprised someone of your years would suggest it.

What I witnessed today was a huge step forward from last season, play like this away from home and we will pick up many more points this time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What on earth are you on about?

And why do you keep posting about Palace on a Brighton thread?

In post #433 you couldn’t have been clearer that Palace effectively stopped Liverpool winning the league. You didn’t. Nothing was decided that evening. Whether Liverpool won or drew that night, the winning machine of ManC were going to win the league anyway and did.

Your club’s only claim to fame is the same as ours - losing FAC finalists, with the odd giant killing.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
all did well as usual. nice to see montoya & balogun look natural to the team.

shame balogun & bissouma messed up for the goal BUT other than that- decent games all round

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
In post #433 you couldn’t have been clearer that Palace effectively stopped Liverpool winning the league. You didn’t. Nothing was decided that evening. Whether Liverpool won or drew that night, the winning machine of ManC were going to win the league anyway and did.

Your club’s only claim to fame is the same as ours - losing FAC finalists, with the odd giant killing.

Why do you keep banging on about Palace on a thread about Brighton?

I’m not taking the bait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here