Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FFS - Balogun

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How unbelievably frustrating is this club. :lol:

The free transfer centre back strolls onto the pitch and not only absolutely bosses Manchester Utd's £100's of millions forward line, but makes their centre backs look League 2 at best.

I almost felt sorry for Fellaini at the end. :lolol:

He'll still end up not being 'good enough' just because he's a centre back trying to ply his trade in Brighton :bowdown:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Imagine coming on for Lewis Dunk- our Lewis Dunk. Our captain. Our boy.
Against Man U. Live on Sky. Against Lukaku.

Then doing that. Walk in the park for the boy. Clearly a genuine and viable alternative to Dunk and Duffy.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Balogun was impressive as was Montaya.
Duffy back to his imperious best and we still haven't unleashed the other £60m of 2018 bought talent.......
Oh and Solly was pacey going forward and back and his cross for Muzza's goal was class...surely Southgate must have noticed?

What a perfomance....

smiley faces all round..

TNBA
TTF

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine coming on for Lewis Dunk- our Lewis Dunk. Our captain. Our boy.
Against Man U. Live on Sky. Against Lukaku.

Then doing that. Walk in the park for the boy. Clearly a genuine and viable alternative to Dunk and Duffy.

Lukaku came running towards us at the start of the second half.
I couldn't see the West Stand.

I now have the upmost respect for Old Ma Lukaku - that couldn't have been an easy birth.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought he looked good. There was bit where he stepped out of defence with the ball and I thought brilliant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Keep Connor everyone said....why have we signed Balogun they said.

We know why now. Outstanding.....coming into a game like that for Dunk and basically not putting a foot wrong. Wow.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The Albion's rejigged defence (that was jigged some more after Dunk's departure) were so far above United's it was untrue. How gash is that Baillie fella?

New boys played blinders, as did Duffy – what a unit. I felt sorry for Ryan bashing into him. Mind you, I felt sorry for the frame of the goal, given how much it wobbled around following an impact with Super Shane!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I was worried when he straight to Lukaku who was his “man” in the first half especially. Owned him!!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Unfortunate for Bruno and Dunk in getting injured, but with Montoya and Balogun both looking class additions they may have a struggle to get back into the starting XI

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I thought Montoya was amazing. Battled for every ball, a real terrier attitude. Balogun was just sheer class. I couldn't believe how calm and comfortable both of them were on the ball. If the rest of our signings turn out to be of the same stamp we should finish top half of the table no porblems.
As regards the old boys Solly and Knocky upped their game considerably plus it was taking three of them to get the ball off Murray. Well played lads.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didn't think I would ever imagine a defence without Dunk, but by heck, balogun was absolutely magnificent! The defence were immense today. Montoya. Duffy. Balogun. Bong. Bloody brilliant

We nullified englands young guns.

Wow. Just wow.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that he was only a free transfer as he was probably out of contract. He did so well that we didnt miss Dunk and also Montoya slotted in as if he had been here years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can’t believe he was a free transfer!

He had a very good World Cup too.

If Twitter is to be believed Utd's defence today cost £110,000,000.
I think ours cost £12m

Any neutral watching would assume those numbers are the wrong way round.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here