Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manu

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I hope the lad proves me wrong so much, Im not sure why CH keeps picking him as he is clearly
far from being fit
, so why would you pick a player who is no where near the fitness levels needed for this league,
when you have other players fit who are more than capable of playing ?
Doesnt makle sense to me.
Elvis me boy, get fit and prove me wrong lad !!

Clearly ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I hope the lad proves me wrong so much, Im not sure why CH keeps picking him as he is clearly
far from being fit, so why would you pick a player who is no where near the fitness levels needed for this league,

Until your last line I thought this was a post about BZ

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Unfortunately he did not do too well with the chances he had (sure that will improve) BUT in the SHORT time he was on he got into good enough positions to score goals 3 times....I think he will end up a good buy.

Exactly. He also could have been in a far better position if a certain player hadn't delayed the (easy) pass to him, and then over-hit it, but then every moment of that player isn't dissected by the collective wisdom of NSC.
♯infidel

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
far from being fit, so why would you pick a player who is no where near the fitness levels needed for this league,

How unfit is he though. Even a young man who just does a moderate amount of exercise should be able to make several hard sprints and jogs in 15 minutes. You have to be ridiculously out of shape for that to mess you up like it appeared to Manu at the final whistle.

As someone else said. I thought he was hilarious. Comical moments every time he got near the ball.

Too early to judge but he had a shocker.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
How unfit is he though. Even a young man who just does a moderate amount of exercise should be able to make several hard sprints and jogs in 15 minutes. You have to be ridiculously out of shape for that to mess you up like it appeared to Manu at the final whistle.

As someone else said. I thought he was hilarious. Comical moments every time he got near the ball.

I agree Napper he spends more time stumbling and bumbling over on the floor than he does standing up.
For a " fit " young cahp his sense of balance and centre of balance is fecking terrible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

All of this. Yes he needs to be given time and another chance but his touch and decision making looks poor and he was blowing out of his backside.

What is it with Dutch footballers at the moment? The national team is a joke. Royston Drenthe has gone downhill faster than a round of Gouda rolled down an alp. Kemy barely played for us and Holla has probably had one decent performance since he got here

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Elvis was 4th choice winger behind Lua Lua, March & Murphy & 4th choice forward behind Hemed, Baldock & Zamora; yesterday's loan signings have ensured he maintains those positions despite the continued absence of Lua Lua & Baldock. Seem like his chances to impress may be limited. Once Kaz is fit, I can't see how he'll make the bench. It would be great to see the player perform as our scouts hoped, maybe CH has him earmarked for the cup?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
All of this. Yes he needs to be given time and another chance but his touch and decision making looks poor and he was blowing out of his backside.

What is it with Dutch footballers at the moment? The national team is a joke. Royston Drenthe has gone downhill faster than a round of Gouda rolled down an alp. Kemy barely played for us and Holla has probably had one decent performance since he got here

I know.... let's get another, who can't even get a game for Wolves

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
If Elvis was 4th choice winger behind Lua Lua, March & Murphy & 4th choice forward behind Hemed, Baldock & Zamora; yesterday's loan signings have ensured he maintains those positions despite the continued absence of Lua Lua & Baldock. Seem like his chances to impress may be limited. Once Kaz is fit, I can't see how he'll make the bench. It would be great to see the player perform as our scouts hoped, maybe CH has him earmarked for the cup?

He was supposed to be near to fitness weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the return of Lua Lua, despite what the Club are saying, has had a further setback and that we are quite a while away from seeing him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He was supposed to be near to fitness weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the return of Lua Lua, despite what the Club are saying, has had a further setback and that we are quite a while away from seeing him.

CH said recovery has been a lot slower than expected and they have had to manage it carefully. 'Almost ready' but decided to give him a bit longer and won't be playing this week. Bong and Baldock don't appear to have likely comeback dates at all yet, Uwe, Calde, Crofts and Ince are OK.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that for a month at least Van La Parre will do the job that was expected of Manu and depending on how both progress as to what happens on January 2nd. There are 3 choices either go back to Wolves, extend the loan or buy him I think it all depends on how he shapes up. I must admit I am excited by him as I thought he was good for Wolves, god knows why he cant get in their team.but on his showing at The Amex would be one of my first names on the sheet.

Last edited:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I think that for a month at least Van La Parre will do the job that was expected of Manu anddepending on how both progress as to what happens on January 2nd. There are 3 choices either go back to Wolves, extend the loan or buy him I think it all depends on how he shapes up. I must admit I am excited by him as I thought he was good for Wolves, god knows why he cant get in their team.but on his showing at The Amex would be one of my first names on the sheet.
That is really good to hear. I did not notice him. CH has great knowledge of what we need so I trust him. I just wonder what has happened with Manu.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Van la Parra is very quick and very direct but tends to lack an end product. A real confidence player who is either very hot or completely missing.
Manu showed signs for me that he is settling. A decent run out instead of a few minutes here and there after we've shut up shop and a bit of luck with a bounce or a rebound and I could see him coming good. He looks like a player who wants to play off the shoulder of the last defender and that's a style that needs time on the pitch to judge it right

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that for a month at least Van La Parre will do the job that was expected of Manu and depending on how both progress as to what happens on January 2nd. There are 3 choices either go back to Wolves, extend the loan or buy him I think it all depends on how he shapes up. I must admit I am excited by him as I thought he was good for Wolves, god knows why he cant get in their team.but on his showing at The Amex would be one of my first names on the sheet.

Praise indeed, and maybe you know far more about him than me. I have to confess that I didn't even know his name, and can't for the life of me understand whty we have signed him.

As he is only with us until January, then surely he will need to play games. Who will he replace?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Praise indeed, and maybe you know far more about him than me. I have to confess that I didn't even know his name, and can't for the life of me understand whty we have signed him.

As he is only with us until January, then surely he will need to play games. but who will he replace?

I would suggest initially March with March coming on after about 70 mins for whoever of the two is struggling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here