Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kane,Glenn Murray and England W/Cup.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
No doubt it will never happen under Southgate,but why not 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with Kane and Murray up front ? :facepalm:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Absoutely no reason not to give Murray a go in the friendlies before the WC. He plays the hold up role well and would be good cover if Kane got injured. None of the rest of the forwards likely to go, can do that hold up road as well.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I know we love Glenn, but I honestly can't see it. Surely Dunk still has a MUCH better chance of getting on the plane to Russia as part of the squad.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can you imagine WC final vs Brazil, 0-0 with 2 minutes to go.

Murray put through on the break just past the half way line with a 7 yard jump on the last defender, ...........just the keeper to beat....

.......but just before he reaches the box he has to turn around and pass it back cause he knows he'll get chased down before he can even shoot. :facepalm:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Welbeck, Abraham, Solake and Sturridge are England's recent call ups.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Welbeck, Abraham, Solake and Sturridge are England's recent call ups.

Kane, Vardy yes.

Southgate said when he took over players must be playing for their clubs to get call ups.

Rashford? No.
Welbeck? No.
Abraham? Yes.
Solanke? No.
Sturridge? LOLNO

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

and none of them, with the exception of Kane who will be starting, offer the same skills as Murray - i.e. strong in the air and able to get on the end of a high cross in a crowded penalty area. Which are exactly the skills we'll need when we're chasing a goal in the dying minutes. He offers something different to the rest.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I was saying Murray for England more in jest recently but the more I think about it , it makes sense.

If Kane gets injured we havent got another striker of similar build , who is physical enough. Sturridge , welbeck or Vardy couldn't do what Murray does. It won't happen but it really should

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Abraham - last league goal October 14th

Solanke - no league goals

Welbeck - 19 December last league goal

Sturridge - 28 October last league goal

Rashford - 10 December

Don’t think we have to worry about any of them. If Carroll is fit, he will be Kane’s back up.

If picked on form:

Kane, vardy, Wilson, Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
and none of them, with the exception of Kane who will be starting, offer the same skills as Murray - i.e. strong in the air and able to get on the end of a high cross in a crowded penalty area. Which are exactly the skills we'll need when we're chasing a goal in the dying minutes. He offers something different to the rest.

Crouch.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Kane, Vardy yes.

Southgate said when he took over players must be playing for their clubs to get call ups.

Rashford? No.
Welbeck? No.
Abraham? Yes.
Solanke? No.
Sturridge? LOLNO

Rashford doesn't start all the time, but he has played in 38 games for United this season (starting 20), including 25 of their 28 Premier League games, and all of their Champions League games, so to suggest he isn't playing for his club is unfair and also wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here