Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where's the Zaha thread gone?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well your collection of sheds are hotly tipped for relegation. Football is played on the grass. Your stadium is better(currently) and our team is better. I know what I would rather have. Each to their own
Only by a few points last year, we’re catching up fast. The tide is turning.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well your collection of sheds are hotly tipped for relegation. Football is played on the grass. Your stadium is better(currently) and our team is better. I know what I would rather have. Each to their own

Classing the Amex As being a collection of sheds is a bit sh*t don’t you think? If you do then very few sheds in the UK are better.

Classing Selhurst as a collection of sheds is not far of the mark. Granted the withdean wasn’t even a shed and if the Goldstone was about we’d be pushing you for sh*ttest shed in the league ..... but that isn’t the case.

Four points better than us last season doesn’t come close to the distance between our respective stadiums. Selhurst is predominately wooden tip that is very badly in need of updating. The longer it goes on the more it’ll cost in up keep. It will become more of a millstone around your neck in the coming season.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense. Try again...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh I see you are a "real" football fan, one however who doesn't know that Albion's previous home was The Goldstone with only temporary tenancy at Withdean. .I'm sorry mate but I can't imagine anyone would classify your collection of sheds in the same bracket as Highbury or Upton Park.

Edited

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I still find this thread hilarious. You created it to mark the fact that the other zaha thread had slipped down the pages following deadline day (because believe it or not, nobody really finds Mr Tumble that interesting), and yet, this thread has now morphed into a carbon copy of the original zaha thread, somewhat defeating the purpose of this thread's creation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Loving the “(currently)”. What’s the actual plan and timetable for your decrepit shithole and it’s facilities being better than the Amex ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Loving the “(currently)”. What’s the actual plan and timetable for your decrepit shithole and it’s facilities being better than the Amex ?

The plan currently seems to be spend more than the Amex cost to build a replica of our West Stand.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
I still find this thread hilarious. You created it to mark the fact that the other zaha thread had slipped down the pages following deadline day (because believe it or not, nobody really finds Mr Tumble that interesting), and yet, this thread has now morphed into a carbon copy of the original zaha thread, somewhat defeating the purpose of this thread's creation.

Nobody finds him that interesting yet your board racked up a 150 page thread on him in 3 weeks :D

Boris removed me from the thread for having a giggle at it.

This one is now 15 pages strong.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
Oh I see you are a "real" football fan, one however who doesn't know that Albion's previous home was The Goldstone with only temporary tenancy at Withdean. .I'm sorry mate but I can't imagine anyone would classify your collection of sheds in the same bracket as Highbury or Upton Park.

That's a ridiculous technicality. West Ham don't own the Olympic stadium so by that reckoning they are homeless.

Our collection of sheds generates a better atmosphere than Upton Park and Highbury combined - that's far more important to me than how it appears on the Sky cameras. Your mini Emirates sounds like errr a small Emirates. Except for the big games when you all get going on those clappers. I mean.... honestly.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
No they are investors with a minority holding in the club.

Really?

CPFC 2010 Ltd is a wholly owned subsiduary of Palace Midco UK Ltd which in turn is a wholly owned subsiduary of Palace Holdco UK Ltd. 67.5% of the shares in Palace Holdco UK are owned by Palace Holdco LP, a company registered in Delaware.

Steve Parish owns 17.81% of the remaining shares; Browett and Hosking own 4.95% each and Martin Long owns 2.47%.

It is, of course, possible that all of those four own part of Holdco LP but I think it unlikely that Blitzer & Harris don't own a significant proportion and thus own a significant proportion of CPFC 2010 Ltd.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
That's a ridiculous technicality. West Ham don't own the Olympic stadium so by that reckoning they are homeless.

Our collection of sheds generates a better atmosphere than Upton Park and Highbury combined - that's far more important to me than how it appears on the Sky cameras. Your mini Emirates sounds like errr a small Emirates. Except for the big games when you all get going on those clappers. I mean.... honestly.

Says the guy who supports a club who put on pre match light shows and have goal music

If that is what you call atmosphere then you can have it. Or were you talking about the 20 gimps in black hoods who have thrown their toys out of the pram and gone back to support spurs?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Our new stand will also take our capacity to 35k and significantly increase our matchday income which will drag our revenue / wage ratio right down.
Just reading through this thread and this is really the most ludicrous thing that has been written so far. Try doing some basic maths and tell me how far increasing the capacity to 35,000 will change your revenue:wage ratio.

Please show your working.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Just reading through this thread and this is really the most ludicrous thing that has been written so far. Try doing some basic maths and tell me how far increasing the capacity to 35,000 will change your revenue:wage ratio.

It’s a brilliant claim to make especially in the same week there has been so much discussion about crowds contributing so little to PL clubs revenue. I suppose they could be selling match day tickets in the new stand for for £1000 each.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Us along with every club outside of the top 7 are indeed an injury crisis away for being down there. Last season we had the worst start to a Premier League season in over 100 years owing to a terrible managerial appointment, the worst injury crisis Roy Hodgson had ever seen in a 40+ year managerial career and we still finished 11th. We're a now a better side and a settled side. So you're right we could go down. It just feels very unlikely.

Last season we had the worst start to a Premier League season in over 100 years owing to a terrible managerial appointment,

Real football fan ,eh?

The Premier League only started in 1992, your abysmal start last season was the worst ever, any when, anywhere.Don't sell yourselves short.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012

Number of new seats x average price of new seat = increased revenue. It's between £5m-£10m a year when you factor in hospitality. Shall I go on?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Number of new seats x average price of new seat = increased revenue. It's between £5m-£10m a year when you factor in hospitality. Shall I go on?

Minus enormous cost of building new stand. It'll be a long time before it turns any sort of profit in real terms.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
Last season we had the worst start to a Premier League season in over 100 years owing to a terrible managerial appointment,

Real football fan ,eh?

The Premier League only started in 1992, your abysmal start last season was the worst ever, any when, anywhere.Don't sell yourselves short.

Christ how pathetic can you get. I'm not a real football fan because I said Premier League rather than top flight? Lucky I'm not as pernickety as you otherwise I'd be inclined to point out that you don't seem to know how punctuation works.

You're right it was the worst start to a top flight season for a hundred years - we sacked our manager, our whole pre-season was totally meaningless and we had a horrific injury crisis. We still took four points off you and finished above you though hahahahahaha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here