Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Whilst I agree with JC on some issues (but not all) such as re-nationalisation of railways/energy sector etc his handling of the anti-semitism row has been naive at best and atrocious at worst. Despite this, I have seen little evidence of racism against Jews from the party leadership compared to some very questionable comments from Boris re Muslims and wearing a veil. If JC made similar comments about the Jewish population there would be absolute outrage and whilst Boris has ruffled some feathers I'm sure it will all be brushed under the carpet. I suspect some of this is being driven by groups within the Labour Party that just want Corbyn out and will do anything to remove him no matter what the cost. We need to have a genuine debate about anti semitic comments in this country as from where I am standing it seems any criticism of Israel, their government or illegal settlement building is being accused of racism and proper debate is being stifled. If people are being anti semitic then they need expelling from the party.

Before I get called a snowflake I would personally ban any open/visible religious garment, jewellery or clothing in public including burka, crucifix, skull cap etc as we dont need these people dragging society down. God doesn't exist and these people need to grow the **** up and stop comforting themselves with happy stories invented by primitive societies.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Whilst I agree with JC on some issues (but not all) such as re-nationalisation of railways/energy sector etc his handling of the anti-semitism row has been naive at best and atrocious at worst. Despite this, I have seen little evidence of racism against Jews from the party leadership compared to some very questionable comments from Boris re Muslims and wearing a veil. If JC made similar comments about the Jewish population there would be absolute outrage and whilst Boris has ruffled some feathers I'm sure it will all be brushed under the carpet. I suspect some of this is being driven by groups within the Labour Party that just want Corbyn out and will do anything to remove him no matter what the cost. We need to have a genuine debate about anti semitic comments in this country as from where I am standing it seems any criticism of Israel, their government or illegal settlement building is being accused of racism and proper debate is being stifled. If people are being anti semitic then they need expelling from the party.

Before I get called a snowflake I would personally ban any open/visible religious garment, jewellery or clothing in public including burka, crucifix, skull cap etc as we dont need these people dragging society down. God doesn't exist and these people need to grow the **** up and stop comforting themselves with happy stories invented by primitive societies.

I think the crux of the matter is this.

Is Jeremy Corbyn an anti-semite? I REALLY doubt it. He simply couldn't of lasted in North London politics this long if he was.
Is Jeremy Corbyn anti much of what Israel stands for and does? I would imagine he is.

Are the two the same? NO.

Can the leader of a political party who wants power come out and really criticise Israel in the UK or US? NO.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

Is Jeremy Corbyn an anti-semite? I REALLY doubt it. He simply couldn't of lasted in North London politics this long if he was.
Is Jeremy Corbyn anti much of what Israel stands for and does? I would imagine he is.

Can the leader of a political party who wants power come out and really criticise Israel in the UK or US? NO.

Thank you for summarising my late night rant in a more eloquent and concise manner :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I don’t think for one moment JC is Anti-Semite, it’s the people who are running him that are the problem, Momentum are a dangerous organisation who can smell power, something we should all be afraid of!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like the Daily Mail believe they have got their man today.... Plenty of indignant indignation on their part....certainly a lot more than when the Israeli army were shooting Palestinians from 600 yards away behind a wire fence.

Still, as Orwell said " Some animal's are more equal than others. "

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Looks like the Daily Mail believe they have got their man today.... Plenty of indignant indignation on their part....certainly a lot more than when the Israeli army were shooting Palestinians from 600 yards away behind a wire fence.

I don’t think it’s just the Daily Mail.

I think you’ll find rather more people than Daily Mail readers are offended by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larus

Did you read Boris’s article in the Telegraph? I assume not.
He actually stated that he supported their right to wear the Burka, but then made the comments that it looked stupid (like a letterbox). Actually, it should be banned. Not because it’s a religious symbol, but purely so people can be identified in public.

The Burka is not required by Islam (think about Saudi Arabia as they are very strict Muslims but it’s not required to be worn there). I read an article from a Muslim woman and she was stating it looks stupid and should be banned. A lot of women are forced to wear it by their husbands she said.

To try to compare that comment about the Burka to the leader of the Labour Party honouring the terrorists who murdered Israeli athletes competing at the Olympics is incredible. Has Boris honoured any terrorists who have murdered Muslims?

Corbyn is a fool IMO. He even supports a Venezuelan regime who, despite having the largest oil reserves in the world are virtually ruined as a country. Marxism doesn’t work (capitalism is far from perfect, but it appears to be the least worst). And before you say the Tories aren’t any better, I’d say that the current quality of parliamentarians is poor, but then look back at Cameron, Brown, Bliar, Major as PMs and they’ve all been sh1t. We rarely get quality people in politics, as the really bright know they can earn more money in private sector, so we get the slime bags in politics who want to stick their snouts in the trough.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Seems to recall the shootings were on page 28...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm just going by the headlines on the newspaper stand this morning, only the Mail going LARGE on this today.
I don’t think it’s just the Daily Mail.

I think you’ll find rather more people than Daily Mail readers are offended by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

indignant indignation , is there any other kind ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Though i do agree , the Palestinians have been treated diabolically , and its not anti s3mitic to talk about the powerful jewish lobby in the US , always sickens me when i see the likes of netanyahu spouting off about "not negotiating with terrorists"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sergeants_affair
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Yassin

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Classic diversion tactics by Jezza. Get found out and muddy the waters with a general anti terror rant, bit like Dianne Abbots 'I mispoke' nonsense when she couldn't get her figures right. It's unbelievable that this shower are heartbeat away from power.

I see though that the usual dimwits are still defending him on twitter, when are you gonna wake up, the guy's a ghastly little weasel.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
"I don't think I laid a wreath" says JC pictured holding a wreath....

I don't believe he's an anti Semite, and I do think the Palestinians have been treated appallingly, but for him to say this is all to do with bringing peace is frankly BS

For peace, you have to speak and engage with both sides - how often has he engaged with the Israelis? I guess he has history though, as with only ever talking to the republican side in the troubles.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here