Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack O'Connell

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Liam Moore is not a particularly good defender. I don't know much about O'Connell, and I wouldn't want to suggest I know more than our scouts - but I'm not enthused by our expensive pursuit of Liam Moore. If this guy is cheaper and left footed, that will do for me. Realistically, anyone who comes in will be 4th choice behind Dunk, Balogun and Duffy.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We were Championship then. Not sure the point you are making

The point I'm making is that Murphy was great in League One and decent in the Championship.
If O'Connell is great in the Championship and decent in the Premier League then we have got a great buy.

I know you usually need things dumbed down, Spence, but surely you could have worked that one out?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The point I'm making is that Murphy was great in League One and decent in the Championship.
If O'Connell is great in the Championship and decent in the Premier League then we have got a great buy.

I know you usually need things dumbed down, Spence, but surely you could have worked that one out?
Is that how it works ? Fair enough :lol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I thought Jamie did pretty well for us in the Championship, bearing in mind Sheffield Uniter were a League 1 club.

Costing nearly 2 million when we were in the Championship you would have hoped so to be fair. He was o,k much better than Skalak as someone else pointed out.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If this guy is cheaper and left footed, that will do for me. Realistically, anyone who comes in will be 4th choice behind Dunk, Balogun and Duffy.

:bigwave: I'm much cheaper and am left footed. I'll even be happy as 4th choice. Also Sussex born and raised :ascarf: Shall I pack my bags and head round to Falmer boss?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm so surprised Sheff Utd transfer record is only 4 million. Even more so for Wednesday with it being just over 3 million for Brunt. Both have been Premier league clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm so surprised Sheff Utd transfer record is only 4 million. Even more so for Wednesday with it being just over 3 million for Brunt. Both have been Premier league clubs.
How long ago? Transfer fees weren't quite so crazy in the past.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Both have been Premier League clubs, but not for some while now. It's only been in recent years that transfer fees have spiralled and gone through the roof, so l'm not too surprised to be honest.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Wednesday bought Jordan Rhodes a couple of years ago and I doubt he cost less than £3m.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

Pretty sure Wednesday’s is far more than £3m. Didn’t they spend £10m on Jordan Rhodes, for example?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wednesday bought Jordan Rhodes a couple of years ago and I doubt he cost less than £3m.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Was gonna say there’s no way massive Wednesday haven’t paid more than that many times surely!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here