Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lol crawley

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Was it them that brought just 9?

I believe that was Boston. (The below is not aimed at you btw)

Christ some people need to get of their high horses. Crawley are having a shit season, money is still tight for many people and they've never had a massive fanbase.
It's fecking miles on a Tuesday night to a place that isn't even on a map, and still some people laugh at them. Personally I don't care about Crawley either way, but the ones who went should be commended, not laughed out of sight.
Pathetic.

Crawley looked doomed but have half a chance now - their Saturday game with Orient looks like a relegation play-off now. Saunders shown himself a capable boss

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I believe that was Boston. (The below is not aimed at you btw)

Christ some people need to get of their high horses. Crawley are having a shit season, money is still tight for many people and they've never had a massive fanbase.
It's fecking miles on a Tuesday night to a place that isn't even on a map, and still some people laugh at them. Personally I don't care about Crawley either way, but the ones who went should be commended, not laughed out of sight.
Pathetic.

This. Only 5% or so of our STH went last night, to the easiest game in the division for us go get to. Mind you, the Millwall support was dire :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Barnsley, League Cup in about 1981. For years I would have sworn that the Brighton attendance was 2, me and my mate - although I found out later that El Pres was also there. And we got there late so missed our goal and thus didn't see any other Brighton fans celebrating.

We were in the top division at the time but even then our away turnout could be shocking. And not just for crap mid-week games, even at places like Old Trafford and Anfield it was a case of 'spot the Brighton fan'. Our away attendance was counted in dozens.

EDIT: As he has pointed out!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Closest away game?

I live in Stockport.
Our round-trip weekend for a HOME game is over 500 miles and yet we still have season tickets.

An away "support " of 39 is a ****ing embarrassment.

As someone who also lived in Stockport for 20 years, I too would do anything to get out of that shithole at weekends.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Barnsley, League Cup in about 1981. For years I would have sworn that the Brighton attendance was 2, me and my mate - although I found out later that El Pres was also there. And we got there late so missed our goal and thus didn't see any other Brighton fans celebrating.

We were in the top division at the time but even then our away turnout could be shocking. And not just for crap mid-week games, even at places like Old Trafford and Anfield it was a case of 'spot the Brighton fan'. Our away attendance was counted in dozens.

EDIT: As he has pointed out!

I DID see our goal (Steve Gatting, in the first minute), and there were no celebrations, as the away 'end' as such didn't exist and a few of us were stuck next to a bunch of coppers. The previous round, away to Huddersfield, was little better.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Been to many away games over the last 40 years where our support has been lower so chest beating is a tad stupid.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
I DID see our goal (Steve Gatting, in the first minute), and there were no celebrations, as the away 'end' as such didn't exist and a few of us were stuck next to a bunch of coppers. The previous round, away to Huddersfield, was little better.

Away support goes up by +1 for both those games, as I was at both. But, like a few others in those difficult times for away supporters, stood in more 'neutral' section of the ground. It was all so easy to get picked off as an away fan in those days, as the almost lone fan emerging from the away section. I remember at Stoke, the few of us going to the station, getting a ride in a police van!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The main problem with this thread is quite simple - Who the f*ck cares about Crawley?

:shrug:

For some reason lots of people on this board, dont get it really. If they want to talk about Crawley why do it on an Albion board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here