Make OWNING Ivory illegal. Job done...

Customers (mostly in the far east) won't do it voluntarily.... Selfish *****

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Don't think rhino horn is ivory, is it?

Still, the trade should be banned, and owning rhino horn be made an offence. Pretty nasty crime to kill an animal in a zoo like that.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Rhino horn is mainly comprised of keratin. Basically it is the same stuff that fingernails are made from. This makes the trade in it so maddening, as the raw material is so readily available elsewhere. It's simply what the rhino is thought to represent that makes it so prized (i.e. a massive horn).

Given the circumstances, please indulge me while I leave this here...

http://www.savetherhino.org

Thank you.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't think rhino horn is ivory, is it?

Rhino horn is mainly comprised of keratin. Basically it is there same stuff that fingernails are made from. This makes the trade in it so maddening, as the raw material is so readily available elsewhere. It's simply what the rhino is thought to represent that makes it so prized (i.e. a massive horn).

Of course, you are both correct. I just get annoyed when animals are slaughtered for no good reason.

Cheers

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
make owning ivory illegal. Job done...

by far east you mean those fecking chinese

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Remember reading about an Irish gang that had been going round the small museums in Europe (think of places like the Dyke Museum) and stealing elephant tusks or rhino horns from them. Supposedly they were raking in the money as the items were usually not well secured and then sold on for big money.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Remember reading about an Irish gang that had been going round the small museums in Europe (think of places like the Dyke Museum) and stealing elephant tusks or rhino horns from them. Supposedly they were raking in the money as the items were usually not well secured and then sold on for big money.

By Irish you mean Irish travellers

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The human race really is a plague to this planet and will probably wipe ourselves out in the next fifty years much to the rest of natures relief.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Without a doubt the Chinese will wipe out Elephants, Rhinos, sharks and the big cats.

This won't end until a couple of billion people stop believing ground up animal parts give you a bigger penis.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Without a doubt the Chinese will wipe out Elephants, Rhinos, sharks and the big cats.

This won't end until a couple of billion people stop believing ground up animal parts give you a bigger penis.

It's a despicable trade, but I think you're underplaying the reason why some groups of people will still buy it. For example, as recently as 2014, 38% of Vietnamese thought it cured cancer...

With a price tag of North of £100k/kg, we've got a long way to go to fix the problem.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here